Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 12:17   #1
BHPian

Safe diesel at less than 6 lakhs..

Hi: I'm a new to Team BHP, but have been reading all the threads for close to 6 months now. I want to buy a diesel for less than 6 lakhs. The other older threads aren't of much help because 'safety' is a big criteria for me and my budget is 6 lakhs. Things that are important to me are..

1. ABS, Dual airbags and other safety features (side impact beam, collapsible steering column etc)
2. Good mileage in both city and highway. (15city, 20 highway)
3. Space for front occupants (I'm 5 feet 11 inch/90kgs) & Luggage space (need not be boot, foldable rear seats in hatchbacks are just fine)
4. Good torque for inclines, stability/reliability in the highways (more than 50% of total mileage will be outside city drives). I won't go more than 120kmph, but I require quick pick-up and ability to handle inclines/bad roads.

The only diesel that has all the above and fits within 6L budget is Indica Turbo DLX. My questions are..
a) Should I wait for Indica X1, will it come with abs/airbags? Is Fiat MJD as FE as turbo?
b) Is Turbo engine most expensive to maintain after 3 years/50,000 km, assuming good maintenance of the car?
c) Any other car that fits my requirements? I don't want petrol because I want to use the car w/o guilt. Rs 4.50 per km is too expensive for me. How is the pick-up in diesel cars. I test drove dzire zdi and I was happy with the pick-up in 2nd/3rd gear.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th May 2008, 15:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Please use the search function, for a topic that's been extensively discussed before.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks