Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 14:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Boss, indica has a very different, un revvy engine unlike the spark.

and spark is decent enough. unless you want a car that's driver driven. rear seat is superb
Old 30th May 2008, 00:42   #32
BHPian

About me Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Nimz - tell us about it. Would like to know, considering it as a replacement for my mom's 800.
@ Proxima

My first car. Experiece has been good so far. Touch wood. Traffic, bumps, potholes, heavy rain, heavy luggage. Sparky has never let me down. The under side of the car has hit bumps (with 6 people) and luggage. Usually I drive alone or with a friend and out of habit went the same speed over the bump.. Lots of scratches in the front bumper..

Driven a lot in the city + 2 out of station trips + 1 short trip (6000 odd kms I guess) No probs in all this. Have consistently driven around 120 and occasionally touch 140 odd. I just love them nice and curvy (the highways I mean). Taking curves smoothly at high speeds this is where the Spark rocks..

Rattles - I think I hear a mild rattle at low rpms. Dont know if it is the empty plastic bottle in the the bottle holder or somthing rattling in the boot.

Everything else is the same.. I mean I have not noticed any major difference from the day I took delivery of the car. Zip zap zoom still possible in traffic. A/C still cools nicely with the blower on 1.

well thats about it.. ah the mileage. Between 12 to 13 kmpl consistent in city driving with the AC on most of the time. Driven without a thought to the rising prices. cant help it once I get behind the wheel and hear Sparky purr.. Yes she purrs.. only I can tell if the engine is running..my guests cannot. I use Shell.
Anything specific you want to know do PM me lest we hijack Firstcamry's thread.
Center console? Damn all these other cars have the speedo behind the steering wheel. How do you guys see through the steering wheel???? well the point is it is a non issue as you get used to it..
Resale? could be non existent but I dont intend to sell so soon.
Old 30th May 2008, 02:58   #33
BHPian

^^^
can you post Optimum settings for the AC in SPARK?
Old 31st May 2008, 13:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
^^^
can you post Optimum settings for the AC in SPARK?
For me in Blore:

Generally - I stick to '1' on the blower speed. Temperature at max cooling (all the way to the blue side). And blowing only at me.. (not at my feet)

I dont know if this is the best. I sometimes wonder why it blows to the feet!!

IF the vehicle has been standing for quite sometime outside.. its like an oven.. then I lower the windows and blower at 2!!

But guess we are hijacking this thread (apologies firstcamry).. so if there is anything further on optimum AC settings on Spark, the mods can open a new one.
Nimz
Nimz
Old 4th June 2008, 00:06   #35

Bought i10.....YAY!

Booked i10 Era .
Surrendered to the mesmerizing interiors which i10 has. I doubt any hatchback can compete with interiors.
Well I started off this thread as choice between Spark and Santro . While I liked both these cars. Spark test drive was a fun. Really liked it but somehow the resale factor and misplaced dashboard kept poking me. I signed the cheque with double mind and gave it to the Chevy sales rep just to take that back within 2 mins. Went straight to (HMP) Hyundai dealer for Santro GLS. And then the fun started. Saw i10 . Took the front seat . And it was just WOW. Took a test ride ( not test drive ) .Interiors were awesome .Gave a cockpit like feeling . AC was rock solid.
After that I didn't even bother to test ride Santro. Did a quick calculation and found i10 was costing me 35k more than Santro. And I thought I could bear that.
So friends journey is over. Baby would probably be delivered coming Saturday. Its Champagne Gold.
I know I deviated from my original post between Spark and Santro and instead bought i10. Sparky was always favorite here and I am afraid it would just be a unfinished love affair between me and Sparky!
And I hope I wont regret my i10.
I am staring driving classes soon.
Old 4th June 2008, 09:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamry View Post
Baby would probably be delivered coming Saturday. Its Champagne Gold.
"Pre-natal determination of sex is illegal"!

Congrats on the new arrival!
Old 4th June 2008, 11:39   #37

Wow. That was a quick decision. I hope I could make my mind up that quick. Mind giving details of the deal, discounts, accessories, money paid etc
Old 4th June 2008, 14:52   #38
BHPian

Congrats buddy. You wont regret your decesion I told you before too to go for i10. Its a Nice car. Why didnt you go for magna? you could have got Arm rests and some more of goodies?
Old 4th June 2008, 15:23   #39
BHPian

i10 is having seductive interiors which makes to buy that one instead of spark.
Old 4th June 2008, 16:22   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundsb View Post
Wow. That was a quick decision. I hope I could make my mind up that quick. Mind giving details of the deal, discounts, accessories, money paid etc
It coming 3.17 - 2k( corporate disc ) = 3.15
They are giving keyless entry, sun film , steering cover , floor mats . They are not willing to give more than that. Thats the same story with Hyundai dealers in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Congrats buddy. You wont regret your decesion I told you before too to go for i10. Its a Nice car. Why didnt you go for magna? you could have got Arm rests and some more of goodies?
somebodystopme , I have overstreched myself with Era. Magna was beyond my reach.
Old 5th June 2008, 09:58   #41

Quote:
It coming 3.17 - 2k( corporate disc ) = 3.15
They are giving keyless entry, sun film , steering cover , floor mats . They are not willing to give more than that. Thats the same story with Hyundai dealers in Chennai.
You meant 4.15 Right?? Or it IS 3.15 for the Era
Old 5th June 2008, 12:14   #42

Quote:
Oh yes.its 4.15 lacs .On Road Pice Chennai ....

Chennaites
Any idea whats the best place to get MP3 installed in Chennai ?
Old 5th June 2008, 14:07   #43
BHPian

Quote:
3.15? How can I10 come for 3.15. . Ofcourse its tad expensive in chennai but still 3.15? Anyway.

@ First camery. Ask them for Mud Guards when you get delivery.

For Mp3 Player Get a pioneer HU with some good components. Bull or Rainbow are doing good I have heard.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes.its 4.15 lacs .On Road Pice Chennai ....

Chennaites
Any idea whats the best place to get MP3 installed in Chennai ?
Try at Radio ware house at Wallajah road,Triplicane.Ask for a bargain and you will get min Rs.1500 reduced from their quote amount
Old 5th June 2008, 16:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Booked i10 Era
Congratulations FirstCamry!! i10 has excellent interiors

Most Viewed