Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 14:40   #16

Queries about Aveo 1.4 and BOM woes

@mjothi - Thanks for the quick reply, MJ. I had a chat about the Aveo 1.4 with some of my colleagues yesterday but they had reservations about the A.S.S of Chevrolet. Also, they had the usual concerns about GM closing down and things. Just wanted to know whether you faced any kind of issues with the A.S.S and if there is anything in particular you want to share. Also, the cashless ownership offer is not really free. They are charging 12500 INR for the Cashless offer.

@rosh_aveo1.4 - It was very reassuring to know that you like the Aveo. I am going in for Aveo 1.4 Basic model (assuming Hyundai dealers would not come up with a spectacular deal on the Verna, which I am going to TD today). I can live without the body coloured door handles, extra chrome and all the fancy stuff of the Aveo 1.4 LS LE. I found the Aveo fun to drive (probably because I am not one of the 'hellrider' kinds).

@liberal - I found the interiors very tastefully done for a car being offered at such a reasonable price and the build quality was something that impressed me the most.

Guys, I approached Bank Of Maharashtra for my car loan (around 2.5 lakhs) since it is located at a 5 minutes walking distance from my office and I have heard they do not have foreclosure charges. However, 10 seconds with the branch manager and I knew why I despise these PSU banks so much.
He just asked me 'Where do you work?'. I said 'HSBC Software Development Center', to which he answered 'Can't give you the loan'. For a moment I thought I did not hear him correctly.
Again, I asked him the same question and got the same reply. I asked him the reason and he said 'You should approach a bank near your residence. You may be working in this area but what if someone offers you a 5K raise?'. The moment I heard his cr*p, I shook off all the polish off my behaviour and gave him a earful about what I thought of his managerial skills and where his right place is (in front of his staff).
I know this was wrong but it seems these bankers live in a different world altogether. If it were a private bank, executives would be swarming around you to get your business. I stormed out of Bank Of Maharashtra and decided that I will probably go with HDFC or SBI.

Anyways, my plans for the evening are to TD the Verna, continue the mind games with the Chevy dealers and haggle as much as I can.

Cheers guys!!
Old 27th May 2008, 16:36   #17
BHPian

I prefered Swift Vxi over Accent, Ford Ikon, Chevy Spark, Indica and others in the race, and I don't regret, I have the chosen the best of it's kind
Old 28th May 2008, 00:10   #18

Finally booked Aveo 1.4

Finally booked the Aveo 1.4 today!! Completely allowed my heart to rule in this case instead of giving in to all the peer pressure. Resale be damned cheers:.

Got to sleep now. Will give the details tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you guys can suggest a good 2 Din Pioneer system. I do not understand the ICE part and going through all the ICE threads seems daunting at the moment.

Mods : Can you please EDIT this thread name to "Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair : Finally booked Aveo 1.4"

Cheers!!
Old 28th May 2008, 02:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow, its really pouring Aveo in T-BHP
Yes, as I mentioned in my other post the cashless offer seems to be at "some" cost. but still its worth the money.

As far as the A.S.S. is concerned, i had no issues in my first service in Vijay motors, Bangalore. I went around 8:45am and the car was ready by 1pm. Dont ask me what all they did Not sure.

But I had my friend who was trying to get appointment in Sundaram and they give it like after a week or so. So, it really depends on the location. Check with you guys there and pick one.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:27   #20
BHPian

Congrats Rajj on your choice, happy motoring with your new Aveo, I was also seduced by the looks of Aveo but it was a used one, I negotiated hard but didn't materliaze, hence I went for Swift, anyways when are you getting your baby delivered?
Old 29th May 2008, 10:32   #21
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Hey. Congrats on the new purchase. Don't worry dude, if you plan to keep the car for long and don't bother about the resale value, then it's a very good choice.
I have the base version too, felt the LS was not all that VFM compared to the base for that price. What color did you choose?
I don't have that option cashless offer when I bought my car 1.5 years back. But there has not been any A.S.S issues so far and the GM dealers in Cochin are pretty good.
Once again, congrats on the purchase and do take the pics when you get the car (when will you get it anyway)
Oh, nice reply to that dumbass bank manager!!!
Old 30th May 2008, 00:28   #22

@rosh_aveo1.4 - Even I felt the base variant was real VFM. I have chosen the Cashmere color. The dealer has committed a period of 8-10 days for the delivery.

I have a few questions here.

1] Can you please confirm if the base variant has the seatbelt reminder?

2] The dealer is offering mud flaps and beige mats as freebies. And I am planning to fit the following accessories from the dealer.
- Fog lamps.
- Autocop system.
Any ideas about the approximate prices? Is it better to install the electronics from the dealer or from the market?

3] Also, how do I make sure that the car is one from the latest stocks?

Thanks for any help.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:55   #23

Mods : How do I edit the title of the thread?
Old 30th May 2008, 12:45   #24
BHPian

@rajj_mba

Congrats man. I'm going in for the Aveo 1.4 cashmere too (Mid June).

Checked the autocop costs from C'garh.
3500 - Basic version
4300 - Engine cutoff version.

IMO u can go in for 4300 version with a gearlock.
Old 30th May 2008, 14:11   #25

@Raj'sGlory - Did you check with the Chevrolet dealers or from the market? My dealer is quoting the following prices :
Standard - 4800
Autocop with Immobiliser - 5800
I was planning to get this fitted from the dealer since I am concerned about after market guys screwing my electricals.

Do you have a url where the Autocop models are posted along with the prices?

Thanks.
Old 30th May 2008, 16:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajj_mba View Post
@Raj'sGlory - Did you check with the Chevrolet dealers or from the market?
Checked from the Chandigarh Dealer, Dynamic motors.
Old 30th May 2008, 18:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajj_mba View Post
@Raj'sGlory - Did you check with the Chevrolet dealers or from the market? My dealer is quoting the following prices :
Standard - 4800
Autocop with Immobiliser - 5800
I was planning to get this fitted from the dealer since I am concerned about after market guys screwing my electricals.

Do you have a url where the Autocop models are posted along with the prices?

Thanks.
You are right. Get it done from GM. May be you can buy outside and get it fitted by these guys (I think). It will help to keep your warranty in tact.

We have heard number of post mentioning about this warranty void if electrical wires are touched by outside guys. So, play safer.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:17   #28
BHPian

Hi Rajj. Mjothi is right. It's better you install everything from the dealer (although they ae sligtly expensive), not outside. This way if anything is screwed up, you can claim any expenses from the dealer. But you can't do this if you go fit it from an outside car dealer. So Mjothi is right, play it safe, don't mess around with your new car.
And no, my car does not have a seat belt reminder, not sure if it's there for the new generation Aveos though. You got the one with the chromed instrument cluster right? They gave you any dealer fitted stereo or something? I feel the headlamps are bit weak in low beam mode, I had plans to upgrade them from the dealer itself.
You can check the vehicle serial number for the year of manufacture right? I am not sure exactly where, but I am sure someone in the forum can help.
I had to purchase my mad flaps and floor matts. Good you got 'em for free.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

The hunt has started again, my wife's Santro which has been with us for 3.5 trouble free years is all but sold (am supposed to get paid for it tomorrow), now we need a new car for wife's office commute (she doesn't drive), so back seat comfort was the prime concern.

Cars which I checked out:

Indigo CS
Pros:
Good to look at for a Tata car
Cost
Cost of spares
Cons:
Unrefined
tacky interiors
tata a.s.s

Palio MJD

Pros:
Awesome ride
Solid build
Responsive engine
Cons:
A.S.S
Still new in the market (unproven)
Spares availibility

Getz Prime (Petrol)

Pros:
Good looks
Comfortable ride
Spacious for a hatch
Cons:
Cost
fuel efficiency

Accent GLE

Pros:
Refined interiors
space
ride quality
Pricing
Time Tested
Loyalty bonus
Cons:
Been there for years
Resale

Swift VXI

Pros:
Fun car to drive
decent fuel efficiency
Good second car to own
Maruti A.S.S
Cons:
Cramped rear seat (I personally did not sit, but wife did not like it)
No accessories (zilch!)
No discounts

Ikon 1.3

Pros:
Solid build
Cost (5.19 OTR)
Big car feel
Cons:
Feels underpowered
No comfort features
No accessories
Dated looks

So after considering all these and visits to different showrooms, Trident Hyundai has offered me the Accent for:
5.72 OTR freebies include
Remote central locking
Mp3 player with 4 speakers
sunfilm
All mats
Teflon coating

Colour choice is black, so if my Santro goes tomorrow, I will be making the booking for Accent, which incidentally is having immediate delivery.
So, guys, start the kudos/criticisms

Cheers,
Hari.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 10th September 2008 at 22:12.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Accent is not known to have the best back seat. It is pretty low.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks