Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 22:28   #31
Team-BHP Support

If back seat comfort is your priority, then the Ikon Flair would have been the best bet.

With the Accent, you enjoy the loyalty bonus, but the rear seat comfort is poor, as per my experience.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

If its a hatch you are after, go for Getz. Otherwise like ben said, the Ikon Flair has a decent rear seat.
Old 11th September 2008, 00:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ Bensbsb29
Agreed the rear seat comfort is not as good as in ikon, but it is not too bad either when compared to a hatch, and again the clincher was value for money and the comfort features I get in an accent, not to mention the loyalty bonus.
It also has a little to do with hesitation to change readily to Ford from Hyundai.
Old 11th September 2008, 00:35   #34
BHPian

Rear seat comfort only i.e read as leg room Indigo CS would be the way to go. P.S never driven the CS carrying over experiences from indigo and indica.
Old 11th September 2008, 09:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

@LSW- Im surprised you didnt mention the Vista in your list. Either go for a Ikon flair or a Indica Vista. A big no no from my side for the Accent.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:02   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
@ Bensbsb29
Agreed the rear seat comfort is not as good as in ikon, but it is not too bad either when compared to a hatch, and again the clincher was value for money and the comfort features I get in an accent, not to mention the loyalty bonus.
I wasnt referring to the space in the rear as such, but more to do with the ingress and egress positions, and the low seating position. Possibly, it wouldnt be all that difficult for women, being less heavily built, and also owing to shorter legs (general case).

That aside, the Accent is a fine car and as per your calculations seems to offer the most bang for your buck.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:51   #37
BHPian

Also, if you want a "rough and tuff" car like u mentioned in your 1st post,
and if it's going to be self driven by you and later your wife, i think the accent is a very good decision as per the above conditions. Plus, it's reliable, cheap to maintain and has good ride quality and acceleration.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

@ Benbsb29
Quote:
Possibly, it wouldnt be all that difficult for women, being less heavily built, and also owing to shorter legs (general case).
This does not apply to my wife
Hope she doesn't blame me later,for a decision that she made with only my opinion voiced.

@xehaust
Quote:
and if it's going to be self driven by you and later your wife,
I have mentioned that it will be driver driven and my wife doesn't drive, I get to drive it on the weekends and I feel it is a fun car to drive.

Anyway, am taking delivery of a black Accent tomorrow, so hoping everything turns out well.

Thanks for the inputs friends.
Regards,
Hari.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 12th September 2008 at 16:42.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

LSW, I'm surprised that you haven't tried the Vista Aura QJD. Do give it a shot. Will have all the space that the Accent has & would be cheaper to run.

(Couldn't figure out how the Accent & Ikon found their way in with the hatches, also the Accent is really outdated now)
Old 12th September 2008, 16:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Swift is no doubt a VFM. I saw an ad in todays TOI that integrated stereo, Automatic climate control, Dual airbags, ABS, Tilt suspension. The ad do not say about the version, but I would assume it to be the high end version.
Tilt Suspension?

what is that, is it Hinglish?

Old 12th September 2008, 16:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

@ Suman
Quote:
(Couldn't figure out how the Accent & Ikon found their way in with the hatches, also the Accent is really outdated now)
Well, I was happy to buy a small car as it would be convenient along with the Optra, but the end user differed.
The Accent and Ikon have been considered along with the hatches as they too fall within our budget.
Old 12th September 2008, 17:02   #42
BHPian

Was it the Accent GLE or the Accent Executive?

I am informed that the offers are not available on the Accent Executive.

What additional features does Accent Executive have on offer for the same price?
Old 12th September 2008, 17:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

@MuraliR
It is the Accent GLE, they have no offers for the Accent Executive, the only difference between GLE and Exec apart from the badging is (according to the sales guys)

1 BHP increase in power output (95 from 94)
Slight increase in torque
keyless entry (which I'm getting as a freebie anyway)
Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob

All this for 5.87 OTR Bangalore
I'm getting the GLE with remote locking, sunfilm, MP3 player with 4 speakers (not available on Exec) and other basic accessories for 5.72 OTR.

So, I felt that 15k extra is not justified for a leather wrapped steering wheel/gearshift
and I can very well live without a 1 BHP power increase.
Old 13th September 2008, 11:29   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
(Couldn't figure out how the Accent & Ikon found their way in with the hatches)
Suman, this is actually an old thread which Hari brought back to life. Those were the days when the 'What Car' section was not split into the sub-divisions we have now.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:33   #45

hello bhpians,

My apologies for starting this thread almost 3 months back and then deserting it. I had finally zeroed in on the aveo 1.4 and took delivery of the car from Pashankar Auto on June 15 (my b'day). Life's been insanely hectic last 3 months with my GMAT, TOEFL & MBA applications. Many of you would find it hard to believe this but I actually clicked the first pics of the car last week.
I will post a ownership review once I finish writing my application essays.
Sorry once again, guys. Here are some pics of my aveo.
Extras -
1] Body coloured door handles + ORVM
2] Fog Lamps

OT: Mods, Could you please add : Bought Aveo 1.4 to the title.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01977.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01987.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc019851.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01983.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01982.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01940.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01937.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01986.jpg  

Swift(VXI ABS) or Accent GLE or IKON Flair or Tdci. EDIT: Bought Aveo. Pics Attached-dsc01988.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks