Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 03:04   #1
BHPian

How much is a 15 month old Swift worth?

I came across a Swift VXi that's up for sale. It's about 15 months old and 22k on the ODO. It has quiet a bit of accessories that include a Pioneer HU + JBL components + Sub, Sunfilms, K&N filter, Remote lock, art leather seat covers.

Any idea what would be a fair price for this? The asking price is 4.5L, Carwale quote is about 4-4.2L depending on the condition.

Thanks is advance for any help
Old 29th May 2008, 12:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

That is pretty decent price compared to the existing swift resale prices.If you could bring that a couple of 10k more then it would be a bargain i believe.
ram
Old 29th May 2008, 14:26   #3
BHPian

thanks Ram,

just to make it clear, Are you saying 4.3 L is good price to pay. I'm a buyer in this case if i wasn't clear.

Btw, the car is KA registered. Anybody else has a comment on the price?
Old 29th May 2008, 14:47   #4
BHPian

The question that you should be asking yourself is - whether you should be buying a 2nd hand Swift P for 4.2L, considering you get a brand new one for a few thousands more? In case you are financing the same, the interest rates are considerably lower for a new car.

IMHO, go for a brand new one
Old 29th May 2008, 16:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

I second Sushanth idea. When you are getting a new car for a few thousands more, then why settle for second hand. but if you want to go inf or a 2nd hand, then I would prefer to go in for an 4.25~4.30L. Not more than this.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Too expensive IMHO.

For just a little more money ( less than 10 % ), you can get a brand new car. I do not feel the car should be more than 3.5 - 3.75 Lacs.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, if you are going in for a used Swift P for 4.2-4.3L then it would be better off to spend a few thousands more and get a new one. If you are inclined to go for a second hand car itself, then I think 4.2-4.3L for a 15 month old car is a tad on the higher side. If it really has to be a VFM proposition for you then a price around 3.5-3.75L would be more like it! If you are not getting it for that price, better chuck it and look for another one.

And since you are in Bangalore, why dont you check out the TVS Used car showroom in JP Nagar. I saw a silver Swift Vxi there which looked to be in good condition. I did not enquire more since i dont want to buy a swift. Those guys are true value dealers and would give you a fair price. But even with them, ask for atleast 25k lesser than the price they quote! It will help you strike a good deal.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:49   #8
BHPian

Stay away from the car,as re-sale will also get affected since a newer model (aesthetically) is out in the market..making your re-sale much difficult.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:50   #9
BHPian

think the price is high, I am also looking for a second hand swift. I enquired Maruti true value, they told Swift ZXI 2007 for 4.6 L
Old 29th May 2008, 16:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
In case you are financing the same, the interest rates are considerably lower for a new car.
IMHO, go for a brand new one
Excellent! There is a good chance that the money gained going for used car would be negated entirely by the higher interest rates. So, please run the numbers first.
Old 29th May 2008, 21:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

4.5 L for a 2nd hand is surely on the higher side IMO. i got my new vxi in april for 4.7 on road. I think it would be a better option to go for a new one. Since the vehicle you are interested has already done 22k so you should negotiate around 4 lacs for sure. Nothing beyond that.
Old 29th May 2008, 22:09   #12
BHPian

thanks everyone for your perspective.

@karanrahjea, i think the on road price in Bangalore for a VXi is close to 5L, without discounts. Karnataka taxes are bit more than TN's.

I had 4L on my mind but considering what @vkochar is saying even this looks on the higher side but then the car is accessorized pretty heavily and i doubt the seller will agree for even 4L.

I'm considering this as a replacement for my 7.5 years old Alto VX and this is my second car so i'm not very desprate. Should i give it a pass or trying negotiating? What ya guys suggest?
Old 29th May 2008, 23:20   #13
BHPian

Pass.

Why? - Because the price is definately high (Max 3.75L). Dunno about AP, but in Delhi/NCR there are quite a few Swifts in the resale market. Also its a older model (though the update was minimal).

Also as a rule try an evaluate a car on engine, body and ODO and not really on accessories.

Hell for 4L+ you can get good deals on Baleno/OHC/NHC.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 29th May 2008 at 23:22.
Old 29th May 2008, 23:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

PASS.

22k is enough mileage, 15 months is long enough as well. Plus bengalooru rains.

What was it they said about cars losing value the moment they stepped outta the showroom?
Old 29th May 2008, 23:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Pass,

Coz, for a little more cash, one can get a brand new car. Accessories do not ad much to the resale value. Forget the add ons, save that money now and get a new car the peace of mind that u get with a new car is priceless. You can go in for the accessories at a later point of time.

Most Viewed