Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 12:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Accent GLE is a very nice car with decent looks and brings you into the sedan space at a very less ownership cost. Re-sale maybe not that great but look at the original price that you pay for the same too. Body colored handles is not a great deal, negotiate with the dealer and he would be happy to do it for you. I did the same and he bent backwards to oblige me
I second that. I think Accent is great value for money especially at the price it is being offered. I have just sold my 2001 accent which I had bought pre-owned a couple of years ago. I was pretty tempted to buy the accent again because of the price at which they are offering it at and my experience with hyundai A.S.S has been great so far. And to add to that it's a pretty fun car to drive.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Accent GLE : Does have body coloured door handles & mirrors. At current price, it's a very good deal. Resale would take a hit as it hasn't been changed since launch in late 1999.

Getz: Good on space, but overpriced

Fabia 1.2: big hatch and good option as a first car, but price is way too high. Add to that spares would be imported making it expensive.

If you are looking for space, also have a look at Palio. It too has dated interiors & has same negatives like Accent. Depending on your usage pattern, choose either petrol or diesel, top-end palio diesel is 5.31 L on-road pune.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:24   #18

After your suggestions (and escalating fuel prices), I have eliminated Fabia but also have added two more cars to my probable list.
Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 SDX
Hyundai Getz Prime GVS CRDi

Please take these cars into considerations while giving your valuable suggestions.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Accent GLE : Does have body coloured door handles & mirrors. At current price, it's a very good deal. Resale would take a hit as it hasn't been changed since launch in late 1999.

it does all accents now come with body colored door handles trim & mirrors

OP my suggestion still go for the accent with the getz / palio you are prolly gonna get almost the same mileage the increase in gas prices would mean abt 30p more per Km .... buut for the price 4.99 it is sheer vfm , fun to drive low maintainance cost and looks great too
Old 5th June 2008, 14:19   #20
BHPian

Its best if you can wait for I10 Diesel, Or I20.

Bro getz/accent is going to be phased out soon. Do you really want a car that is gonna stop selling soon? Atleast I dont see any sense in buying any of these and abt getz CRDI is overpriced.
If you are only looking for a car thats in its final stage of selling and thus VFM then you can also consider IKON.

Do you have the prices with you?

Fiat. Is a good car but resale is definately a issue.

I am Sorry but I dont approve of any of your options. Are you in a hurry to buy a Car?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 5th June 2008 at 14:23.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:20   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Since you don't want outright power, add the Aveo UVA to your testdrive list too. It does score brownie points on space and ride quality.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

.. and I may add, a fantastic build!

Palio is good, infact better than the other cars you're considering
Old 5th June 2008, 14:49   #23

@somebodystopme
I have been planning on buying a car since the past 4-5 months now. I was on the verge of buying a swift zxi when I was told to wait for Swift diesel, then Palio MJD, then Fabia and Getz crdi and now Punto and i20

I think it's about time I got myself a new car else I will have to wait until next year for all the big boys (Honda, Fiat, Hyundai) to come to party.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:57   #24
BHPian

Hi Anikate,
If you have strict choice from the 3 mentioned,I will suggest you to go for Accent(which is a sedan and has more boot space and low on maintenance) but not sure of resale)

If you can consider other choice too, SwiftZxi (If you expect descent space and keen on power) else i10 is the winner(even though the boot space is less and not much powered)

Else If you can wait for sometime, watch for i10 with 1.2 engine or i20.Best of luck
Old 5th June 2008, 15:02   #25

@GTO
Is UVA a good car. I didn't find any good reviews about it in our forum topics. It was always bad resale, tacky interiors, bad gearshift etc... so I didn't even evaluate it. Do you own a UVA or have you driven it? I am not trying to contradict your opinion here. I can't really make a judgment about things like gear shift and ride quality when I test drive a car cuz I have been mostly driving a maruti 800 all my life. So any car seems better in all aspects. I am therefore looking for expert guidance from fellow BHP-ians.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:21   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, it scores only on space and ride quality, which I thought is what you are looking for. Just include it in your testdrive...if you don't like it, heck it will still be a fun 30 minutes and give you another perspective to view the other cars in.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ok - Here's my advise -

Forget the Getz 1.3 - it's not worth the price, with no Boot Space.

Go for the Accent - it's still a looker, and it is selling in good numbers still. At 5 Lacs, you can not get a better car. Nearly 100 horses and a lovely engine and fantastic Interior quality.

One thing I do not understand is why do people complain about the resale value of Accent. My accent GLE was purchased in April 2005, so that makes it over 3 yrs old. I had brought it at an Ex-Showroom price of 5.20 Lacs that time / OTR price in Gurgaon was 5.50 Lacs after all discounts. etc. I still get 3.75 Lacs for the car !!! Tell me - Is that bad resale value ?? And this was quoted at a dealer.

At 5 Lacs, the car will fetch you nothing less than 3 Lacs in 4 years. No one knows what the resale value for any car will be after 3 - 4 years. It's a very tough call.

The Accent is a very safe car and has neat lines. Go for it if you like it !!

Other options are a plenty - Aveo, UVA, DeZire ( waiting though !! ), Logan etc. But since you are looking at only 3 I recommend the Accent out of it.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Here is a recent pic - Notice the Grille bent a bit inside. I banged the car in a Honda City, The Honda City Rear Bumper was broken, The only thing happened to the Accent was the Number plate broke, and a very tiny line on the bonnet ( Invisible !! ). That shows the car's toughness.

Accent GLE or Getz GLX 1.3 or Fabia 1.2-dsc00928.jpg

Most Viewed