Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:51   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I am frightened by the issues with Swift.
Could you explain what are the issues that frightened you? Except for the rattling, which we all know.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:53   #32
BANNED

Yes rattles scare me.
When a Koreans car make a rattle free car, why can't the Japanese?
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:05   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agreed, every car has few -ves. But when it is one too many? I am frightened by the issues with Swift.
Quote:
Yes rattles scare me.
This was your comment. You have found 'more than a few' issues with Swift. You are 'frightened' by the issues with Swift.

And this issues that 'frightened' you is only rattles? Please think twice before posting baseless sweeping comments, sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
From the discussions goin, the i10 seems to be a good technical car and Hyundai does offer good A.S.S as well(my dad's santro would confirm) but haven't seen many of them on the road.
From last month's sales figures, i10 was in the 4th place ahead of Santro. (Alto, WagonR and Swift were the only ones ahead of the i10)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd June 2008 at 12:08.
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:18   #34
BHPian

To me, more than the rattles, the cramped back seat is the main problem of swift. The suspension is hard, and the ride is bumpy.

Probably because those who buy swift are either singles or newly married, back seat comfort is not really a deciding criterion, I believe. Positives in this car outweigh the negatives, and hence it sells.

Tell me one car in India that failed due to lack of back seat comfort. Even the Accent, which is a sedan, that has uncomfortable sitting posture at the rear, sold well. On the other hand, Ambassador, which has arguably the best back seat comfort, is almost off the roads now.

Quote:
Yes rattles scare me.
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:42   #35
bkm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Spark is a great car to drive but interiors aren't half as good as i10.
People should definitely try spark as an option before leaving it . A great driving experience , once u are on seat. The ride at 30km-40km/Hr onwards is utterly butterly , so smooth .Central console adds to the beauty , absolutely no inconvinience. The interior also to me are good . With the free maintenance offer , it is a splendid buy .

Last edited by bkm : 23rd June 2008 at 12:43.
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
To me, more than the rattles, the cramped back seat is the main problem of swift. The suspension is hard, and the ride is bumpy.
How come many people have reported cramped back seat in the Swift? I've recently travelled in the rear of a Swift vxi, and found the back seat far more roomy than my WagonR.
Perhaps it is less when compared to the Getz, but I did find it decent.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes rattles scare me.

well its not completely Japanese its half Indian, remember MARUTHI part, the MARUTHI -SUZUKI SWIFT, man no offenses, but maruthi has become really really really greedy and kanjoos! well if you want to see the list of problems then be my guest and take a look at these linkys!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-buy-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post742645

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post742652

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post742659

well i think these discussions speak quiet a lot about the SHIFT CAR! man just go through them dont ignore.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:15   #38
BANNED

When I buy a car I expect it to be rattle free. Also rattles is just one of the issues. What about the gearbox? clutch? Many Swift owners have put down here that their gearbox was replaced under warranty.

BTW, thanks for taking time and evaluate me. But I don't agree with your feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And this issues that 'frightened' you is only rattles? Please think twice before posting baseless sweeping comments, sir.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

^^No matter what car you buy... put it on Bangalore roads and it'll start rattling in no time. Every single car I've been in bangalore has rattles... right from the brand new VW Passat I took for an extended test drive to a friend's C220, a colleague's NHC Vtec, my Cedia, a test drive Honda Civic, a brand new test drive optra magnum, gazillions of santros/i10s/swifts.... the list is never ending.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:20   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

It may be the most desirable car in its segment as well as the one with the maximum panache, pizzazz and whatnot, but I do not think it is the best car in its segment.We have one and I think I can say this with impunity.But, again, it depends on what one is looking for, from the car, of course. Definition of "best" in this case is required, in order to make a fair assessment.
Old 23rd June 2008, 16:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Ok Diabloo please list the VFM cars
in that range ! Lets see your views!!!!
Honda City - bit high end VFM but VFM
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

@reignofchaos, that is blasphemy, my friend. How can you accuse Hondas of rattling ?

Coming to the thread topic, there is no such thing as a 'best car'. Every car is a compromise in some way or the other and the Swift is no exception.

I drive a Swift during weekends and I found that it has its pros and cons, like any other car.

Pros :
1. If you value your safety, this is the best car under 5lacs. Period. Other cars in the segment either don't have both ABS & airbags or have only one of the two. Heck we have some sedans costing 3lakhs more that dont even have these, so why blame the other hatches ?

2. The handling is awesome. It just grips the road and stays there. Love that.

3. Has a pretty decent amount of everything else - FE, A.S.S., goodies etc etc

Cons :
1. Visibility sucks. But then, this car made me finally open up & use both the ORVMs.

2. Needs frequent gear-changes in city traffic (as compared to the Baleno - no idea how it fares with other hatches).

3. Low rpm throttle response sucks.

And BTW, not even a single rattle on our 1 year, 8000 kms Swift-Zxi.

My Dad is happy with the car, though occassionally he grumbles that with the M800, fuel bills were lower. But then you can't have your cake and eat it too, right.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:47   #43
BHPian

i like the swift but i wouldn't say it's the best in the class. I hate the cheap quality plastics that they have used for the interiors!
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I buy a car I expect it to be rattle free. Also rattles is just one of the issues. What about the gearbox? clutch? Many Swift owners have put down here that their gearbox was replaced under warranty.
Well the gearbox issue was only a small defect and was seen in few cars.
Diabloo your list of VFM cars is still pending !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How come many people have reported cramped back seat in the Swift? I've recently travelled in the rear of a Swift vxi, and found the back seat far more roomy than my WagonR.
Perhaps it is less when compared to the Getz, but I did find it decent.

Well Vnabhi, Compared to Wagon R yes Swift is better in rear seat comfort.
But in a 4-5.5 lac car you do expect better rear seat comfort. My swift is usually self driven , but for long drives when i sit in the rear i do feel some lack of room. Only a bit though. Getz wins hands down in this dept.
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:20   #45
Team-BHP Support

Best or worst is all in ones perspective, and as they say there is no one perfect car, otherwise why would a modification section have so many posts

Most Viewed