Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 10:48   #61
BHPian

is the swift diesel better than the petrol one? wht is the difference in FE ....

and why isnt a Zdi available ???
Old 27th July 2008, 00:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Married 2 Speed has all but disappeared from the thread. Has he bought the car already?

I think why MSIL doesn't have a Swift ZDi is because it doesn't want to price any Swift variant in the 6 lakh plus category. They seem to be learning from the experience of other car makers who have not really sold hatchbacks very well in this segment. In that respect, Maruti knows the pulse of this nation (majority of the buyers, that is).
Old 27th July 2008, 12:36   #63
BHPian

Quote:
architect Married 2 Speed has all but disappeared from the thread. Has he bought the car already?
Hi Architech and my hi to the the fellow bhpians as well. Was busy caught with with the website designing and lot of other things that made me completely forget about this thread. I'm sorry.

Well, as of now I haven't brought the car for various reason and neither has the palio been put on sale. I'll put it up on the classified sections shortly.
1-Reading reviews of swifts which have been "operated" upon by "Pete". This clearly goes to show my vote stands for a diesel car. I spend nearly 10grand a month on petrol alone and this is city driving only.
2. Trying to get a diesel variant out a bit earlier than the 3 month waiting period through contacts hence taking time.
3. Waiting to get my hands on a "pete" swift. Anyone's got anyting negative to report? I'm not a great fan of the "stock".
At one point of time also did consider a used skoda for around the 7Mark. Anyone knows a clean and well maintained car up for grabs?

So, I will let you guys know soon as to which one joins team-bhp
Cheers Guys
M2S
Old 21st August 2008, 15:10   #64
BHPian

Swift Maybe- Maruti Never!!

My friend called, his car's broken down. What car - Baleno

Reach the grief stricken car/venue and try cranking the car. Kutt! Kutt! Try to push start it, negative. After tryin to figure out every possible solution, we give up. Time now 20:00 hours. 30 minutes into the operation. By this time, we've checked all fuses, the belt. Anything visibly that's not appearing in place but all seems fine.

All this happens barely a minute's walk away of competent automobiles at infocity. We drive around in my NHC to reach competent to see if we can muster some help. This is the reply we get, "Saahib ab tow sab band hai. Is waqt koi nahin hota. Kal bhi koi nahin hoga 15 august ki vajah say aur parso bhi kyonki raakhi hai"( Sir! everything is closed now and even tomorrow and day after no one is goin to be there due to 15th august independence day and raakhi the next day). Amist all this, I hit a brain strom. Why not call Apra. They have a 24 hour workshop and the next door neighbours cook, works there. So, made a few phone calls and voilla, my friend is talking to the service advisor at Apra. He says that he would be able to send a mechanic to check if we could pick him up and drop him back. This was sweet news considering the little help we got from competent. So, we drive off to apra, pick up the mechanic and head back to the car. The mechanic understands the problem, checks the motor, asks us to crank the engine and then shuts the hood down and drops a bomb. Sahib, engine main paanee chala gaya hai ( Sir! water has entered your engine).
My friend is on the verge of collapsing here. Estimate is around 1.5L. If you guys think this is the bad news and Maruti never being my choice, think again. What follows is disaster.

We drop the mechanic back, step out and ask the towing guys to come along. Sahib ham nahin chalengey. Hamara abhi chalan kat gaya hai is swift ko tow kartey kartey. ( Sir! we wont' go. We've been handed over a ticket while towing this smashed up swift). They even refuse to listen to the service advisor. That said, we call up another crane company, who's number is given by the service advisor. Haanji sahib, kahan aana hai ( yes sir! where do we have to come to pick up the car from). After my friend explains, here's the reply. "Sahib, hum 2 ghantey key baad aayenge aur 1200 rs. charge kareingey." ( Sir! we'll come after 2 hours and we'll charge 1200 Rs. for towing.) On hearing this we decide to go back inside the service shop and think that we would borrow a rope and tow the car here ourselves. Inside - they don't have a rope. Now what?
We scout around, manage to get something which looked like a wire, put couple of them together and tow the car back to Apra.

A lot of running around, haggling, arguing, shouting yeilded nothing but frustration.
This entire experience made me realise that without being critical of the car, the service and the attitude of both Apra and competent left a lot to be desired and there's no way on earth that I would go in for a Maruti. Swift maybe the best car in it's segment but with a company as big as Maruti and it's wide span network, the service surely s****

I think i'm goin to wait for Honda's Jazz. Even if their serivce back-up maybe considered arrogant, atleast they have cars which don't break down, not to this sceanrio aleast and not to my knowledge atleast.

Good luck to the rest of the guys
Cheers!
M2S
Old 21st August 2008, 15:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Good luck finding out a better A** !
Old 21st August 2008, 15:38   #66
BANNED

This is one post I am compelled to agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
Swift Maybe- Maruti Never!!
Old 21st August 2008, 16:04   #67
Team-BHP Support

Tough Luck M2S.

What happened after that ? Was it really water in the engine ?
Old 21st August 2008, 19:05   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Tough Luck M2S.

What happened after that ? Was it really water in the engine ?
Post this discovery, my friend took the car out of Apra ( this is inspite his car is under warranty but these damages are not covered under insurance nor warranty) and has given it to the local mechanic for an over-haul. Water or not, the engine is being overhauled at an expense of around 25k. Let's see how this works now.

Cheers!
M2S
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:14   #69
BHPian

my friends NHC had a clutch pad failure at 2 am on eastern express highway near vikhroli.the car would just not go ahead.honda had promised him 24hrs road side assistance for 3 yrs.he was in his 3rd year of the car.calls up the various numbers given to him.no one answered any of the numbers.finally a local from that area helped him get a towing truck which towed the vehicle to his house at mahim.it was 5 am in the morning by then.they charged him 1200 bucks for it and in the process also damaged the bonnet of his car.
next day honda guys came to his place and towed the car to the service centre and repaired it
bill handed over was 20,000!
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed
Water or not, the engine is being overhauled at an expense of around 25k. Let's see how this works now.
But where did the water come in suddenly from ? I dont think you mentioned anything about the car going through water-logged roads or stuff.
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But where did the water come in suddenly from ? I dont think you mentioned anything about the car going through water-logged roads or stuff.
14th August 2008 - Most parts of the NCR were submerged, Gurgaon was in a mess. That's where the water would have come from I guess.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:00   #72
BHPian

Quote:
14th August 2008 - Most parts of the NCR were submerged, Gurgaon was in a mess. That's where the water would have come from I guess.
Precisely. Sorry for not mentioning that. I thought I did mention about rain gods letting loose.

For the record, info city is right opposite the hero honda factory and that area was a real mess. Water level was so high that the headlights of the cars were submerged.
Water entered through the air filter, so the guys at the apra said

Cheers!
M2s
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

But if we drive in those parts in such situations, water would enter into the engines of almost all the cars in India. Or wont it ?

I guess this thread is going completely OT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks