Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2005, 15:54   #16
BHPian

I do agree the pricing is higher by atleast a lakh.
It just so happens that My employer sponsors the car and i get a huge tax break.
what this in effect means for me is that the Fusion+will cost me Rs4lakhs only, over a period of three years.
Old 28th February 2005, 16:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

test drive and decide and go for it.. i personally like the looks of that car
Old 28th February 2005, 18:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

I had researched Fusion a lot, read every available material, roadtest info, etc. These are the negatives I know:

1) The ride comfort is very bad at low speeds on uneven roads. No such problem at high speeds even on bad roads. My wife ruled out Fusion based on this factor alone.

2) When the price finally came out, it was quite shocking. The Fusion+ with ABS would cost nearly 9L on road, that too for a B+ segment car.

Otherwise, it is a good driver's car, excellent ground clearance, fun to drive, etc.
Old 28th February 2005, 19:33   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
1) The ride comfort is very bad at low speeds on uneven roads. No such problem at high speeds even on bad roads. My wife ruled out Fusion based on this factor alone.

2) When the price finally came out, it was quite shocking. The Fusion+ with ABS would cost nearly 9L on road, that too for a B+ segment car.

Otherwise, it is a good driver's car, excellent ground clearance, fun to drive, etc.
1: Have you tried it ? Best to judge for yourself as the journalist might have finished trying an Audi A8 so the contrast effect might be vast

2: True, it might come down if sales are slow
Old 28th February 2005, 19:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Dear BHP,/and others.
thanks for your replies and support
I did take a test drive.
I found it okay and peepy in the first and second gears.
Agree with you. on first and second gears, the ride quality was not that good.
I wonder what you mean it is not suitable for city driving?
you mean in stop and go conditions.
congrats on the fusion - we will now know what the fusion is really like from your posts - what did u finally pay for it? or did that matter to u since the co. was purchasing?

i like the looks too - it really was much bigger than the reviews made it out to be...and got my attention immediately - i think it is quite unique - also i think u fell for it's looks more than anything else...

in stop and go conditions, it is important that the car feels peppy, u are able to propel it easily with a lite foot and the handling and manoueverability must also be easy - small turning radius etc - if that is really your driving conditions...

all the best - happy motoring - do keep us posted...i have a few friends who were interested in the fusion in the short term - your review will be helpful
Old 28th February 2005, 21:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on the fusion! send us pics of your acquisition when it arrives!
Old 1st March 2005, 11:23   #22
BHPian

Dear Cream and others.
thanks for themails.
The final price came to rs775,000 for the ABS/EBD version.
The company takes it out of my yearly compansation and is not shown to the Income tax people.
so, it is all going to be my money.
the huge benefit is, I would have paid tax on that.
now I can claim my gas and driver's salary and the maintenance cost and they are also totally tax free.
Good, Is not it?

I should be getting it by the 3rd week of march and I will upload the pixs.
i will also write about how it drives,
oe the vehicle proves its worth.
thanks again,

Raj
Old 1st March 2005, 11:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now I can claim my gas and driver's salary and the maintenance cost and they are also totally tax free.
Good, Is not it?

Raj
Man i wanna be in ur company !! But with PC now taxing companies for the fringe benefits they provide to the employees... i wonder how long will companies take to restructure the salary now...

But thats a diff story. Congratulations on your Fusion+! Looking forward to hearing more about it through your first hand experiences with it.

Cheers
Amitoj

Last edited by amitoj : 1st March 2005 at 11:38.
Old 1st March 2005, 13:52   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The final price came to rs775,000 for the ABS/EBD version.
The company takes it out of my yearly compansation and is not shown to the Income tax people.
With the new budget coming out, lots of thing will change. I am yet discuss with my company accountant, but there will be big change in salary structure including vehicle perks, etc. Expect changes in your car deal with the company.
Old 1st March 2005, 14:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
With the new budget coming out, lots of thing will change. I am yet discuss with my company accountant, but there will be big change in salary structure including vehicle perks, etc. Expect changes in your car deal with the company.
Will be interesting - whether they charge us Rs 1600 as taxable perquisite for the car or much more -let us know what his take will be !
Old 1st March 2005, 15:56   #26
BHPian

I know.
the budget call it as the fringe benefit tax.
but this will have to be paid out by the employer only and looks like i will not be affected
Old 1st March 2005, 16:11   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know.
the budget call it as the fringe benefit tax.
but this will have to be paid out by the employer only and looks like i will not be affected
If it is tax, employer will always pass it on to the employee, it's the law. I am an employer, I don't know any case where company can pay tax on behalf of the employee. Ofcourse, if the company hikes your salary to compensate the tax, that's another thing. You still have to pay the tax.
Old 1st March 2005, 16:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good, Is not it?

Congrats!

Most of the employers have this scheme to get IT benefit to their employees. But do you know this is illegal.
Old 1st March 2005, 16:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURPRISE
Congrats!

Most of the employers have this scheme to get IT benefit to their employees. But do you know this is illegal.
Not a legal expert myself, but any indirect perks like these are supposedly taxable. Some companies show these expenses as reimbursements, which are not taxable, but then that is a cheating.
Old 1st March 2005, 17:02   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Not a legal expert myself, but any indirect perks like these are supposedly taxable. Some companies show these expenses as reimbursements, which are not taxable, but then that is a cheating.
Even this loophole is closed now. All reimbursements will taxed a 30% from now on. Even honest ones.

Most Viewed