Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 13:44   #61

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I'm in the market looking for my first car. I have quite some experience in driving (mostly rented ones for short drives). Also we are expecting a baby in 4 months. We wanted to use the car mostly in city and occasional highway runs. I am open to suggestions on which would be a better fit for me. I'll share my expectations in what I'm looking in a car. Please weigh in your suggestions and I will take a TD according and finalize the better fitting one.

I feel sunroof is not needed for Hyderabad climate and also it eats up the head room space which is a must for me.

About me: 30 yrs, 6 ft, slightly on the bulky side, Expecting child in 4 months. Looking to purchase a car in Oct - Nov time frame.

Must:
Leg and head room.
Stearing mounted features.
Active and passive safety features.
Parking sensors.

Budget under 12 lacs

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th July 2024 at 15:29.
Old 10th July 2024, 15:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Which car for tall drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoGP View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I'm in the market looking for my first car.
A lot of cars fit into that criteria, ranging from hatchbacks, sedans, CSUVs to D segment SUVs. Without knowing your budget, it would be difficult to recommend a car. Though I agree with your view that a non-sunroof car has better headroom, more practical and in some cases, better AC cooling as well.

But safety is your prime criteria, I suggest you look at the TATA and Mahindra Compact SUV or C/D segment SUVs. But be aware, even with some TATA models like Harrier/Safari, there can be issue of your knees hitting the lower part of dashboard below steering wheel. And in case of Mahindra, in cars like XUV3XO, the front footwell space is cramped. So its always important to test drive and get a feel of the vehicle thoroughly in the showroom, before concluding.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th July 2024 at 15:56. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 10th July 2024, 15:19   #63
BHPian

re: Which car for tall drivers

Hi there!

Options are plenty, but only based on your budget can someone recommend you a car!

With that aside, I'm 17 and I'm around the 6ft mark, and I have spent a fair bit of time in a couple of cars' driver seats, mind you not driving, but just messing around with the infotainment system, MID and stuff!

Ranking them based on space for the driver only!
  • Toyota Innova Hycross GX
  • VW Virtus 1.0L
  • Kia Carens
  • Toyota Hyryder

Cheers bud!
Old 16th July 2024, 07:13   #64
BHPian

Re: Which car for tall drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoGP View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I'm in the market looking for my first car. I have quite some experience in driving (mostly rented ones for short drives). Also we are expecting a baby in 4 months. We wanted to use the car mostly in city and occasional highway runs. I am open to suggestions on which would be a better fit for me. I'll share my expectations in what I'm looking in a car. Please weigh in your suggestions and I will take a TD according and finalize the better fitting one.

I feel sunroof is not needed for Hyderabad climate and also it eats up the head room space which is a must for me.

About me: 30 yrs, 6 ft, slightly on the bulky side, Expecting child in 4 months. Looking to purchase a car in Oct - Nov time frame.

Must:
Leg and head room.
Stearing mounted features.
Active and passive safety features.
Parking sensors.

Budget under 12 lacs
Considering your requirements, I would suggest the following cars:

1. Tata Altroz XZA Petrol (1.2L DCA)
This variant of the Altroz costs around 11.55 lakhs OTR Hyderabad and is definitely a good option for a first car with 5-star safety, adeqautely powered engines, good interior space and the like. Moreover Tata has introduced a few offers for the Altroz for July too which include up to Rs 25K Cash discount + 20K Exchange bonus + Rs 5000 Corporate discount as well. Not sure if these apply to all the variants though.

2. Honda Amaze CVT
The Amaze CVT is a safe (GNCAP 4 stars), spacious and practical sedan with an adequately powered engine (89 bhp of power and 115 Nm of torque) mated to a CVT and is as reliable as it can get. You can hold on to it for years and it will be a reliable car with little to no niggles at all. However, the current model has gotten old and is pending a facelift. If you are still interested, the Base S CVT costs Rs.10.51 lakhs OTR whereas the top-end Elite CVT costs 11.96 lakhs. You also get up to Rs 96K Benefits (Upto Rs 40K Cash + Upto Rs 20K Exchange Bonus + Corporate, Loyalty & Accessories Pack) which makes the deal even sweeter.

3. Hyundai i20 CVT
The i20 provides a spacious, feature-rich cabin with adequate power and is a reliable hatch. Priced at Rs.11.34 lakhs for the Sprortz IVT going all the way to Rs.13.71 for the Asta IVT, the i20 is a good choice worth considering. Moreover, the current offers make the deal even sweeter with discounts ranging up to Rs 35K Cash discount + 10K Exchange Bonus.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed