Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 11:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
go for zen you will never be dissapointed as it is as cheap to maintain as a bike and has nice fe
thanks for the reply harry

Actually i just drove a palio and really liked the feel of it. I have read accross most of the forums here and have found that most people who own a palio love their ride.

I have a few questions though.
1. Will there be constant maintainance in a 2nd hand Palio (I am going for a petrol). What i mean will i have to keep going to the workshop for some reason or the other every month in general.
2. Is the FE and Maintainance in Zen so low compared to a Palio that buying a zen for one lakh more will be justifiable at the end of 2 yrs (ie due to fuel economy and low maintainance of zen ill be saving something close to 1 lakh when compared to Palio. Will there really be such a big difference)
Old 18th July 2010, 20:11   #32
BHPian

want to buy a car for less than 2 lakh

Hi friends,

looking to buy a used car for less than 2 lakh, 1.8 lakh to be exact. My usage will be around 10km everyday and little more over weekends. Would prefer AC and powerwindows if possible.

Please help me out

girish

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th July 2010 at 21:33. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 18th July 2010, 22:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi friends,

looking to buy a used car for less than 2 lakh, 1.8 lakh to be exact. My usage will be around 10km everyday and little more over weekends. Would prefer AC and powerwindows if possible.

Please help me out

girish
I think you might get a WagonR or Santro PW model of year 2004-2005 in that range.

Both are very reliable, fuel efficient, and easy to maintain cars.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:51   #34
BHPian

Budget upto 3 Lakhs - You can get a Swift 2005/2006 Lxi model OR a Getz 1.3 GVS. Both are good performers.

Budget upto 2 Lakhs - Try to bargain a Santro or WagonR. It should be a good buy. OR you can try a comparatively new Spark. All three are good cars with good mileage and cheaper to maintain.

These are my personal opinions only.
Old 29th July 2010, 07:48   #35
BHPian

Alto, Santro ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi friends,

Please help me out

girish

Stay away from Matiz, Esteem and Ford... Very Expensive and Difficult to Maintain (personal experience), At a budget that of yours, you will be spending double to keep the car.

As everyone said, Zen is overpriced and Palio has no resale value here in bangalore, Try Santro or Alto which has done low mileage.

Also Keep away from vehicle which has done mileage above 60k, these cars will be due for major engine parts replacement and you will be emptying pocket and also these cars are risky for catastrophic failures.

I suggest you to get a good mechanic and drop into used car show rooms like classic, national.... and see if you can find what you are looking for....

Remember, Inspect thoroughly, Negotiate like hell and then buy

Good Luck
Old 5th July 2011, 23:49   #36
BHPian

Re: Which second hand car for 2-3 lakhs?

Gurus,

I'm looking to buy an used OHC / Lancer / Baleno in Kerala.

Already checked out two OHC DXs.

2003 Sept OHC DX - 80,000Km FSH - Asking - Rs. 275,000/- Very good condition - Quoted 240,000/-
2002 Dec OHC DX - 49,000Km FSH, Gas - Asking firm - Rs. 350,000/- Mint condition
2001 Nov Lancer SFXi Silver colour - 63,000Km FSH - Asking - Rs. 255,000/- Will be seeing soon. According to owner its in mint condition and only slightly negotiable.

What would be the price range I can finally quote?

Regards,
Old 6th July 2011, 00:57   #37
BHPian

The 2002 OHC would be sweet deal for like 3.2 lac. Capitalse on Honda's current misfortune to reduce the price to the max!
Old 6th July 2011, 00:57   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The OHC you have picked are 1.3L engines. Any reason for those over 1.5L and the 1.5L VTEC engines?
Please correct me if I am wrong about the OHC. As far as I remember, the OHC DX was a 1.3L base trim.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

If I were in the used car hatch market, it would undoubtly be the Getz. There are a few used available in BLR - check carwale used. On the pricey side, but the car is a gem and will serve you very well.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:40   #40
BHPian

dude a friend of mine picked up a well maintained NHC automatic for 2.75lacs. You would get a newer manual version if you like.
A friend of mine also baught a wagon r vxi -2006 model for 2.30lacs. I suggest you go for maruti/hyundai santro /NHC. Lot of these models still running around so spares wont be a issue at all. santro and wagon r are still in production.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:12   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

From the cars listed by you suggest you opt for the Zen.

Am owning a Zen would always recommend it as it is reliable, easy to maintain with the good for city driving.

Cheers!
Old 6th July 2011, 14:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The OHC you have picked are 1.3L engines. Any reason for those over 1.5L and the 1.5L VTEC engines?
..................OHC DX was a 1.3L base trim.
I'd love to buy a VTEC. Thats one car which I always wanted to own.
Nothing against OHC 1.5 and VTEC. Its just that these 1.3s were only the decent ones which we noticed on sale. There's another 2001 OHC 1.5 which has run more than 115,000km and asking 2.45 lac.

1.3DX is just a renamed 1.3Exi. We had a 1.3Exi from 2001 to 2009.
Old 31st August 2011, 13:42   #43
BHPian

Bhp-ians,

Planning to sell my second hand alto which turns 10 this November. My budget is 3 to 3.5L. I was looking for a second hand Swift petrol/i10 as my monthly running will be less than 500 kms. Now I am bit confused with the new Hyundai HA/H800/Eon launch. Kindly advice which car I should go for?
Old 7th October 2011, 17:10   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Bhp-ians,

Planning to sell my second hand alto which turns 10 this November. My budget is 3 to 3.5L. I was looking for a second hand Swift petrol/i10 as my monthly running will be less than 500 kms. Now I am bit confused with the new Hyundai HA/H800/Eon launch. Kindly advice which car I should go for?
Eon will not exactly be an upgrade for you - Its more or less the Alto competitor. So except for the interiors that should be a class apart, you will get a 3 cylinder low power motor & less space for that price. i10 / Swift will be a proper upgrade for you - better space & better engines. The difference is that you can buy / afford a new Eon where as you will have to settle for a pre-owned version of i10 / Swift for the budget.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:18   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Bhp-ians,

I would say steer clear of the EON. Check the forums, it has a few niggling issues like a vibrating gear knob that can drive you crazy. I would say invest the money and get a certified used santro or wagon R. If you could strech your budget a little, you could consider a new Chevy spark as well - peace of mind for 3 years/100,000 km warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks