Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 23:37   #16
BANNED

i10 seems to be the best bet, though spark is having good discounts, you could see that too. But i10 is a better package. It will be easy to drive by your sister also as you mentioned , as the seating position is a bit higher compared to spark.
New marutis- splash & a-star, should be out soon , maybe by the festive season. They have been caught testing in final stages at many places. so, avoid wagon r as it might get replaced by one of these.
Old 6th July 2008, 03:17   #17
BHPian

Another factor that sways the decision in favor of i10 is Hyundai's reliable after sales service and network of service centres. Hyundai beats GM hands down in this area and to me this would be a key differentiator.
Old 6th July 2008, 08:37   #18
BHPian

Currently finalized on i10 from current lot of cars, and waiting for Splash and A-star launch.
Any dates/schedule of the launch?

I am personally not a big fan of Hyundai cars (no offense meant), as I have had a lousy experience with Santro about 6 yrs back. But I heard they are much improved now, as the i10 is much much nicer to drive than Santro 6 yrs back.

Hence waiting for any news on Maruti launches.
Any fixed news on that front? or just speculations?
Old 6th July 2008, 10:48   #19
BHPian

Estillo is out of question since it has nothing new to offer at this point of time other than the non-boxy looks

i10 is a bit "iffy" kinds because of the issues with the gear-box as voiced by many existing owners.

The Spark looks like the best option in the small car segment that you are interested in. The only problem until now with GM cars was the pricing but that too is not a concern for the Spark now because of the attractive discounts that are on offer for the Spark.

Plus your family will have a new dirving experience with the Spark unlike with a Estillo or Wagnor becasue you already have an ALto from the MS family
Old 6th July 2008, 12:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wagon R? Does not have sexy looks but it is easy to get in and out of, rides well, has great driver visibility and is easy to drive.

Maruti build quality is very good generally. Your "rattling" Alto is the first negative I have heard. Rattles can be tracked down and fixed.
Old 6th July 2008, 14:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
Hence waiting for any news on Maruti launches.Any fixed news on that front? or just speculations?
Buddy i guess A Star will be launched with all new 1.0 engine by Diwali time.
But wasnt impressed with the looks . I would suggest you to stick to the i10 as of now. You going for the Era or the Magna version of i10??? I hrd soon Magna will have new 1.2 l petrol engine. So only Era will have 1.1 engine.
Old 16th July 2008, 17:48   #22
BHPian

Maruti build quality good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Maruti build quality is very good generally. Your "rattling" Alto is the first negative I have heard. Rattles can be tracked down and fixed.
I beg to differ on this. Maruti cars with exception to SX4 are built of very thin guage metal. Moreover he wants a safe car. I do not rate cars built with such thin sheets as safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks