Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 15:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Jacs! She is sitting pretty in stock and looking good. Once again, I congratulate you on your purchase and she is definitely worthy of it.

My suggestion as stated earlier as well is go for a good set of tyres and if planning alloys too, it would improve the overall aesthetics and she deserves some spoiling now
Old 18th July 2008, 16:22   #32
BHPian

Hi can anyone please tell me how much average will basic model of alto gives in City. I am planning to buy one for my mother. Please alto users reply.
Old 18th July 2008, 16:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hi can anyone please tell me how much average will basic model of alto gives in City. I am planning to buy one for my mother. Please alto users reply.
LX or VX?

I get about 12kmpl in Bangalore traffic in a VX, i got 16kmpl on a long ride recently.
Old 18th July 2008, 16:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As nemo said 12 to 14Kmpl is achievable in city limits and many folks do get such an average. I get 13Kmpl for my VXI .
Old 18th July 2008, 17:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friends are getting 13 to 15KMPL in city with AC for their LXis and 18-20KMPL in highways with half AC. One of them got 21 in highway drive with AC when he went native , its a very economic deal in todays skyrocketted petrol price.

Not sure of VX....As per Maverik and Nemo's experience, its atleast 2KM less than LX. I heard highway mileage makes a difference of upto 5KMPL!!!
Old 18th July 2008, 17:53   #36
BHPian

Well I dont know if VXI is available now. I will be buying 800CC LXI so I need average for that model. The average is cool. I heard there is problem with rear suspension in alto does it still exists?
Old 18th July 2008, 19:01   #37
BHPian

I have bought a Alto 1.1 Vxi from truevalue in may. And I am very happy with the car so far.. I am getting close to 13K in hyd city traffic with 60-70% AC on. On highways it is close to 15-16 with 80-90% AC on.
Old 23rd July 2008, 16:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
I have bought a Alto 1.1 Vxi from truevalue in may. And I am very happy with the car so far.. I am getting close to 13K in hyd city traffic with 60-70% AC on. On highways it is close to 15-16 with 80-90% AC on.
Congrats on the new acquisition. Now we have lot of 1.1VX companions cheers:
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:44   #39
BHPian

After 7 years and 8 months I've sold my Alto vx today. I've enjoyed driving this car all these years - clocked about 70k. I sold it for 1.65L which i think is a fair price.

I'm writing this here just to let people, who are looking to buy a used Alto, know the going rate for this car in the used car market.
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Oh Nemo! so you have sold the trusted buddy and are out of this select few club . No worries and for a 7 yr old 70K odo 1.65L is a very reasonable and decent price you got there.
Old 24th July 2008, 10:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Oh! Nemo its a decent price, but you could've kept it as your standby car. It gives me more confidence on the money I've paid.

Believe me friends VX/VXi are not that common in market and not that easy to find a virgin babe with ODO below 50K.
Old 24th July 2008, 10:40   #42
BHPian

Hey jacs...

Congrats on your new buy... she's a beauty. I personally feel that there is no need for the PS. I have an alto back home in Cal and I can assure you that its more fun to drive it on the highways without the PS. I feel that PS is not needed for such a car. The car is quite light itself.
All i can say is have fun with the Car. You can do unimaginable things with it, which you wouldn't have tried on a 800.
My request don't put in a PS.
Old 24th July 2008, 16:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Oh Nemo! so you have sold the trusted buddy and are out of this select few club . No worries and for a 7 yr old 70K odo 1.65L is a very reasonable and decent price you got there.
Well VJ, Although I'm out of the select club I'll be around lurking, i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Oh! Nemo its a decent price, but you could've kept it as your standby car. It gives me more confidence on the money I've paid.

Believe me friends VX/VXi are not that common in market and not that easy to find a virgin babe with ODO below 50K.
@jac, I had been using it as a standby car for the last couple of years and i thought this is the right time to sell and perhaps wait till the GP or other better products are launched to consider as Alto's replacement.
Old 24th July 2008, 21:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition. Now we have lot of 1.1VX companions cheers:

Thanks jacs!!! I feel good being part of alto 1.1 club!!
Old 25th July 2008, 12:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
@jac, I had been using it as a standby car for the last couple of years and i thought this is the right time to sell and perhaps wait till the GP or other better products are launched to consider as Alto's replacement.
But GP seems to be priced above the B Segment blanquet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Hey jacs...
Congrats on your new buy... she's a beauty. I personally feel that there is no need for the PS. I have an alto back home in Cal and I can assure you that its more fun to drive it on the highways without the PS. I feel that PS is not needed for such a car. The car is quite light itself.
All i can say is have fun with the Car. You can do unimaginable things with it, which you wouldn't have tried on a 800.
My request don't put in a PS.
Thankyou krazydriver84. Spending a bomb for PS as it is almost 1/6th of the car price doenst excite me, I will continue without PS at this point. As long as my dad is able to drive it without issues, i have no worries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks