Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2005, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Yes I remember reading that article.. which said.. 800+1...

i think this thing came up in overdrive which is more like a gossip magazine to me!
my whole assumption was based on that article

Last edited by pingme : 8th March 2005 at 14:34.
Old 13th March 2005, 04:17   #32
BHPian

the look...

personally speaking the new look.....
absolutely disgusts me.....
thanks anyways....
Old 14th March 2005, 09:34   #33
AGP
BHPian

hi friends,

yhanks for your views, finally i have decided not to go for new ZEN instead i will go for swift which will be due near about. any comment pl...
Old 14th March 2005, 17:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

hey pingme,
like many of us u seem to be really passionate about the zen,which is why you dont want to accept any other car at all.
but we do have to realise that except the mpfi ,EPS and some other accessories the zen is still the same car that was launched in '93.
the revv happy engine is still superb ,but then its not the best.when maruti launched the NEW zen ,they cud have done a Xing by slightly stretching the length to give some more psace inside.also its sad to see that there is still no tacho in the zen.
also the body panels do tend to rattle a lot after 40k kms and thats something that u have to live with in almost on all maruti's
also the 80 profile tires simply F@# the handling but give you a better ride.
its still a superb city car but on the highways its strictly a 3 seater as u have to keep some baggage on the rear seats also due to the almost non existent dicky.

and regarding technocrat's reply about the Xing selling so much,if the zen was priced as low as 2.99 lakhs and if it was the only car in its category from Maruti then i am sure it would have sold double of the xing.remember,the zen still manages to sell around 5k units /month inspite of having more modern cars in its category.

i think the xing is for comfort of driving while the zen is for pleasure of driving.
and about the wagon-r ,all i can say that its rightly named--"its a wagon,looks like a wagon and handles like a wagon"

if you compare among the alto,xing,wagon-r,the fiat's,GM and anything else other available at present ,its the zen for me.
no other small car at present , can give the same sort of driving pleasure as a zen and at the same time give 17kpl .

and as ajmat said,the pre-cat zens are just unmatchable.
i have driven fellow bhpian's '96 model having done 85kkms till date and it still gives him abt 20kpl on the highways at 100+speeds.
Old 14th March 2005, 19:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey pingme,
like many of us u seem to be really passionate about the zen,which is why you dont want to accept any other car at all....
No my personal favorite is Palio its only poor ASS that stopped me for going in for Palio
Old 15th March 2005, 10:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme
No my personal favorite is Palio its only poor ASS that stopped me for going in for Palio

not only u,the ASS and Fiats brand name has stopped many of us from going for the GTX.
Old 15th March 2005, 11:25   #37
BHPian

dude dont let the A.S.S of fiat deter you. believe me its getting better.

satya i got 18 kmpl on my gtx on a coimbatore-bangalore trip while doing 100-110 lol!

of course the zen is a good car but i prefer the palio for its build quality, chassis and suspension. its the only car with a great engine, chassis, suspension and equally good looks to go with.

p.s - i am not against the zen. me had a pre face lift baby for a while. loved it for the engine and FE but i found it too cramped and well the build quality too did'nt impress me.
Old 15th March 2005, 11:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
dude dont let the A.S.S of fiat deter you. believe me its getting better.

satya i got 18 kmpl on my gtx on a coimbatore-bangalore trip while doing 100-110 lol!

wow .thats amazing.what fuel did u use and do u have any mods .
was it with AC or w/o.

and are you sure ???????

details plzzzzzzzz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks