Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2005, 14:15   #1
AGP
BHPian

Negative feedback for New Zen

Hi friends, I want ot buy a small car within 4.5 L. I have sort listed New Zen vxi bcoze of its great mileage and low maint. cost. But recently I saw two similar negative reviews so i am affraid what to do? Pl. find herewith the negative reviews from indiacar.com and mouthshut.com website.

Mr. Rajesh wrote on 28 Feb, 2005,

"I want to share my experience with new zen lxi i have bought 2 months back ..i bought this car of my experience with the 1997 zen i had few years back which was a nice car to drive .but after riding this car for few minutes i found that i am wrong the new zen is no were near the old zen ,first of all it lost its charecter by the recent face lift ,maruti reduced the thickness of the metalpannels so car feels very light and flimsy,tend to vibrate and loose control above 60 km/h the new design is not aerodynamic so it cathes wind at high speeds ,.the cars suspension is altered very much leading to bumpy ride even on highways.high prfile tyers make car very unstable even on small curves .steering lacks any feel ..stupid electronic ps.car tend to vibrate at speeds above 70 even small usefull thins like day and night mirror adjustments and rear wiper are omited to make car cheaper overall it is the worst car i have ever seen or driven and i like my m 800 more than zen.so think twice or hundred times before buying one "

I may consider Alto lxi if the above is true,

Pl. give your opinion and help me
Old 4th March 2005, 14:58   #2
BHPian

Hi AGP,
First, welcome to Team BHP .

Second, I was in same boat as yours, and I had asked opinions here to decide between Zen and Alto. Finally I decided on Zen and have booked Zen LXI.

The review you posted, seems horrible to me, considering the track record of Maruti and specially Zen, I can not beleive that it can have so many issues.

To me it looks like this person has put in biased opinion and I would not beleive a word from this. I talked to many people who nought new zen before booking and had not received a single complaint.

Alto, though cute and body design is better, fresh as compared to Zen, Technically Zen is still superior to many small cars on indian roads
Old 4th March 2005, 15:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme
Alto, though cute and body design is better, fresh as compared to Zen, Technically Zen is still superior to many small cars on indian roads
Which small cars, may I ask? Wagon-R/Palio/Santro Xing? Or, you are talking about alto, uno and 800?
Old 4th March 2005, 15:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Which small cars, may I ask? Wagon-R/Palio/Santro Xing? Or, you are talking about alto, uno and 800?
Yes, I am refering to WagonR/Santro/Alto.

Palio i do not consider at all...though it is probably the best car on indian roads, FIAT's handling and ASS pulls overall value of car way down...market figures of sale proves this.

With Alto, use same 800 engine and WagonR uses 800 engine with addition of one more cylinder to raise CC/BHP.

I dont know much about Santro engine, but I know that Zen is the only enginer in its category with "all alluminum" + EPS + Micro processors etc etc. Again reliability of this tiny engine has been undoubtably proved over the years.
Old 4th March 2005, 16:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Palio i do not consider at all...though it is probably the best car on indian roads, FIAT's handling and ASS pulls overall value of car way down...market figures of sale proves this.
I thought you were talking about technical superiority in your earlier post

Quote:
With Alto, use same 800 engine and WagonR uses 800 engine with addition of one more cylinder to raise CC/BHP.
WagonR with same engine as 800 with one more cylinder? I like that. And I thought, WagonR was supposedly technically most superior car offered by Maruti in its category.

Quote:
I dont know much about Santro engine, but I know that Zen is the only enginer in its category with "all alluminum" + EPS + Micro processors etc etc.
We dont know about Santro, we rule out Palio and WagonR has just one more cylinder. so what remains? 800 and Alto? I am loving this thread

Sorry for being funny here. I really like Zen, but the claims are bit too tall.

I love my Petra. But, I will not say that Petra has best interior in its class or, it beats VTec in drag race.

Last edited by RX135 : 4th March 2005 at 16:19.
Old 4th March 2005, 16:37   #6
BHPian

I made my point based on facts I read (wagon r engine and 800 engine) and f/b recd from people. You have right to have different opinion and share your opinon here

Last edited by pingme : 4th March 2005 at 16:41.
Old 4th March 2005, 16:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

with you PingMe.

BTW, nice name you have got, may be working in networking?
Old 4th March 2005, 17:04   #8
BHPian

Wish we could drive our cars using the engines alone! But for all practical purposes, you need a body to go with it. ........ Now go figure if the zen it better
Old 4th March 2005, 17:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Wish we could drive our cars using the engines alone! But for all practical purposes, you need a body to go with it. ........ Now go figure if the zen it better
Question was is Zen so bad! The answer is simple and straight NO its definitely a better car...thousands of indians can not go wrong

Body was india offers best comfort and has engine too
Old 4th March 2005, 17:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme
thousands of indians can not go wrong
They can how else can you explain the sales of Santro
Old 4th March 2005, 18:20   #11
BANNED

a single experience does not make the entire manufacturing unit a bad one

and im more than sure that there are plenty of people who have bad experiences with any car on planet earth forget just the zen
Old 4th March 2005, 18:59   #12
BHPian

hey there agp,

if you want great mileage and low maintenance - then the zen is the right choice for you.

all other cars santro/palio/wagonr/alto do not compare in these two categories.

maybe that guy 'mr. rajesh' exaggerated about the figures - but i'll also tell u - the zen has the weakest body panels in this segment - so overall more vibration - also seating is low and low power means noisy ride with engine pulling all the time...space inside is bad and the design looks dated

but still people buy it - exactly for the 2 reasons that you have stated. make your choice according to your requirement criteria. all the best and keep us updated
Old 4th March 2005, 19:17   #13
BHPian

Hi Agp

Check out the Wagon R also as it has got a far better engine than Zen and also now it comes with ABS. Also with the new look the Zen is not that much inspiring.
Old 4th March 2005, 19:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohithdr
Hi Agp

Check out the Wagon R also as it has got a far better engine than Zen and also now it comes with ABS. Also with the new look the Zen is not that much inspiring.
FYI. Zen Engine is technically superior to WagonR
Old 4th March 2005, 19:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

WagonR engine is not only technically superior to Zen, it is more powerful too.
No doubts about that.

But that does not mean that a wagonR will beat Zen in 0-60 or 0-100 timings... pingme, it depends on other factors as well...

Most Viewed