Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 12:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Folks,
Thanks a lot for your comments. i will just quote a saying in kannada(english translation in brackets)
"Rogi bayasidhu halluanna vaidyaru hellidhu halluanna"
(the patient longed for rice with milk and doctor prescribed the same)
Very much expected on team-bhp which has its share of Zen, Esteem, Baleno fans. I am counting only Maruti products here. Here they will not allow you to give away a Zen

Before somebody flames me, let me state I also drive a last batch mpfi Zen. And before the decision to buy the same, had used team-bhp opinions/inputs extensively, as it was a big decision to buy something that was being phased out.

Happy time ahead with the 'Pocket-Rocket'

cheers
Bullfrog
Old 31st July 2008, 22:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Change the tyres(not changed it till now!!!) and maybe alloys and maybe some cosmetic changes like seat covers, mp3 player(it still has cassette) etc and keep it for as long as it runs. the car is in damn good condition. Is it worth it to spend on it now ? (approx cost might be 20K-22K). I guess it should be ok for another 40K kms without much trouble ??? Am i right ?
Its better you keep it because....
Quote:
2) Sell it and go for another one without much investment. I guess i might get about 2L for it and the least i might to shell is about 1-1.5L for an alto.
...if you buy the Alto after driving the Zen, you will surely repent. Forget the Alto, even the WagonR doesn't have so much driving pleasure. In other words, you would be downgrading
Quote:
3) Sell it an go for an electric car. Reva or the new one(forgot the name) that is supposed to come.
Which one is supposed to come?
Old 4th August 2008, 17:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Its better you keep it because....

...if you buy the Alto after driving the Zen, you will surely repent. Forget the Alto, even the WagonR doesn't have so much driving pleasure. In other words, you would be downgrading

Which one is supposed to come?
some one lakh electric car.. tara tiny or something like that. it is a company from calcutta i guess.
Old 6th August 2008, 20:25   #19
BHPian

Keep the Zen

Hello
U would be doing justice to yourself by keeping your zen, I still drive a 1995 Zen alongside my other car.the moment I get inside the Zen I feel I am Home....Great car peppy engine, it still drives like a dream..
Attached Thumbnails
Keep the Zen? Or replace it?-zen.jpg  

Old 7th August 2008, 12:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

wait a few more years and it will be in demand as a well maintained RX 100 is today!

Most Viewed