Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 10:40   #1

i10/swift/or splash??

Hey, BHpians
This is going to be my first car and my monthly usage will be around 500k max. My budget is 5lk's which could be extended to 5.5lk's(which I have been saving for ICE and wheels). My priorities are good mileage and hassle free running.Will be using the car for city use 90% of the time. Is the wait for the splash really going to be worth it?(as I am in a bit of an urgency for a vehicle). The models I have been looking out for are the i10 sportz(Manual with the kappa engine) and the swift vxi.

I really like the swift but people tell me that its not really that fuel efficient(petrol) and that its already getting quite old!(I was a bit surprised by that statement) Since the Splash is going to soon release, will I have a problem with resale value of a swift?Also will the swift have the "old kid from the block" look once the splash is released?

Note to moderators: The last time I opened a similar topic you referred me to another(i10 vs swift) thread. But unfortunately that couldn't answer any of my questions and that thread didn't seem to be very active.I hope its fine that i opened another thread .
Old 30th July 2008, 11:10   #2
BHPian

Swift is my first car, getting hold of it and I drive roughly 300 km in city. Mileage wise, I am getting 12 + till date in city. No issues with rattling till now, touchwood. I like the feel and the bulk of the vehicle and mostly the service can be done in any nook and corner of the city.

Hope this helps
Old 30th July 2008, 11:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Splash will be out only in April 2009 . It ll be out in a 1.2 P and 1.3 DDIS .
Between i10 and Swift vxi. Go for the Swift vxi. Im getting around 11km/l in City with A/c. I had few rattles before but all sorted out now. i10 1.2 Kappa i heard is quite peppy. But i feel Swift VXI is still VFM .
Old 30th July 2008, 11:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Guess you will be buying it within Dec right? If so refer other thread. I doubt Splash will make an entry anytime now as they have their hands full with Swift and Dezire.

Will suggest mods to close this thread as we are comparing a product that wont be launched this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Splash will be out only in April 2009 . It ll be out in a 1.2 P and 1.3 DDIS .
Between i10 and Swift vxi. Go for the Swift vxi. Im getting around 11km/l in City with A/c. I had few rattles before but all sorted out now. i10 1.2 Kappa i heard is quite peppy. But i feel Swift VXI is still VFM .
Another car with the same 1.3 wont happen, if so Suzuki is making its own competition!
Old 30th July 2008, 11:31   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Guess you will be buying it within Dec right? If so refer other thread. I doubt Splash will make an entry anytime now as they have their hands full with Swift and Dezire.

Will suggest mods to close this thread as we are comparing a product that wont be launched this year.

Another car with the same 1.3 wont happen, if so Suzuki is making its own competition!
I will be buying the car within September. I was not exactly comparing the splash, but just inquiring whether its worth the wait. Since its only releasing in April 2009 I am definitely not considering the splash now. Thanks for clearing that issue. The reason I started another thread was because the others didn't answer any of my questions, and its wasn't active
Old 30th July 2008, 11:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its true
jkdas
they are competing against the i10 and say that it will also be a cheaper alternative to their very own swift ( which they say would help reduce waiting periods)
Old 30th July 2008, 12:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I guess we have seen the Spy pics of Splash with the DDIS badging and the 1.3 DDIS is being discussed in the Splash thread.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Splash is coming in early 2009. The car will be coming with 1.2 ltr petrol and 1.3 diesel unit ( the diesel will be same as Swift ).
The positioning is not sure.
You can get more details about Splash in the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lash-star.html

Now between i10 and Swift, IMO, go for the Swift.
Old 30th July 2008, 22:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

I suggest go head and buy i10 Sports (Red or Black colour which come with sportz pack). The reason Maruti cant come up with quality levels matching i10 because refinement and fit and finish and interior quality of i10 is excellant!

Its already 2008 and Swift is dated now and Maruti would take another 2 years to come up with better Swift. Swift still selling because of MUL brand name and Diesel power and no good looking compitation.

I read somewhere Maruti will launch A star in couple of months and Splash 6 months from that time. They might replace ZEN Estilo with A star or might not do it which is not fully decided. I don't have proper source for this information but they are trying to come up with good alternate to WagonR/Estilo (most likely A Star) and Swift (it should be Splash).

i10 is really over all good Hatchback! Palio is best practical hatchback.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 30th July 2008, 22:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Swift still selling because of MUL brand name and Diesel power and no good looking compitation.
I would disagree with you in this. Swift has poor build quality, less legroom and few rattles apart from that you get one of the best VFM hatchbacks. Swift is mostly selling cos of its engines & looks. People who like its looks buy it , rest go for other car. MUL has just priced it rightly there is no ways its selling mostly cos its MUL.
Old 30th July 2008, 23:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is a difficult question unless the Splash is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Swift is dated now
I would like to disagree with you on this. The Swift still looks fresh in front of cars like the UVA and even the Getz.
Old 31st July 2008, 00:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Blue Pulsar,

Could you concievably prove that the UVA, of all cars, is *dated*? We've broken new grounds of logic here today - thanks for pushing the envelope
Old 31st July 2008, 00:44   #13
BHPian

Splash ? Swift ?

The Swift is aimed at a younger crowd with a sporty compared with the Splash which is marginally bigger in every aspect when compared to the Swift other than its width and the engine options (which are the same) unless ofcourse Splash also comes with the 1.0L Petrol engine which is also offered here in Germany. The Splash would, as per my views, be aimed at those people who have left college days a good 10 years back and have two kids and some luggage to shuffle around town with, where as the Swift will remain to be a favourite for the boys in college or just out of college. The wagon R would be ultimately be replaced by the Splash and be put into the same price category, the splash sells for 400 Euros cheaper for both Petrol and Diesel (VXi and VDi respectively) Comfort models.

Even though the Splash is marginally cheaper, I would say I see 1 splash compared to 10 swifts on a daily basis, and considering the fact that they are coming with the same engines I really wonder how Maruti wants to market this model.

I personally do not like to look of the Splash, and taking into consideration that they have the same engine variants "I" personally would never go in for the Splash with the Swift standing next to it.

Did I go slightly off topic ?

Sorry !
Old 31st July 2008, 14:23   #14
i10
BHPian

Between i10 Sportz and Swift VXi, I would go for the i10. Reason: Much better build quality, has more equipment / accessories, fresh design, a better mileage, more refined (and modern) engine AND it comes slightly cheaper than the Swift VXi. Power wise it is slightly lesser than the Swift, but honestly speaking, in city traffic, it wont count for much. The adjustable steering is also another help (atleast in my case where I wasnt quite comfortable with the Swift's steering almost resting on my lap).
Old 31st July 2008, 23:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Blue Pulsar,

Could you concievably prove that the UVA, of all cars, is *dated*? We've broken new grounds of logic here today - thanks for pushing the envelope
Hey, I never said that UVA or Getz looks dated. But Swift looks a touch more modern due to its concept-like-styling. The i10 is another modern looking car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks