Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 12:24   #1

Palio 1.9 Diesel

Hello!
Could some please tell me what kind of mileage does a Palio diesel 1.9 actully give. i have heard of it giving around 18 to 19 kmpl, is it really true as it has an 1.9 liter engine. i am thinking of buying a preowned Palio "Diesel", because i have always liked the looks of a Palio.
Could some one please advise.
Old 17th August 2008, 18:01   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Palio D is good for 13-14kpl city and 16-17kpl on highways,however these figures can be streched and shrinked depending on the driving.

Palio D is a good car with very good lowend torque but do not expect it to be as quiet and powerful as modern common rail diesels available these days.
Old 17th August 2008, 21:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretendra View Post
Hello!
Could some please tell me what kind of mileage does a Palio diesel 1.9 actully give. i have heard of it giving around 18 to 19 kmpl, is it really true as it has an 1.9 liter engine. i am thinking of buying a preowned Palio "Diesel", because i have always liked the looks of a Palio.
Could some one please advise.
Do not expect anything beyond 14km-15/litre with 100%A/c. I actually own a Petra 1.9 D( obviously this being a sedan might have lil diff mileage but just for your info)i get around 14km /l max with mostly a/c. On highways i get 16-17km/l . One thing i badly miss in this car is the Turbo !! Palio is one hell of an hatchback , if you can stretch your budget i think you should go for the Palio MJD .
Old 17th August 2008, 21:43   #4
BHPian

hi
it also depends on maintenance and servicing discipline in a diesel car. My 1.9 D with AC on always gives me a FE of 18-22.

Driving sensibly within 50-80 KMPH also keeps the engine less hungry. But getting a good used car takes a while and patience.....
cheers
Old 17th August 2008, 21:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

I second Anshuman's & karan's opinion. Why don't you try for Palio MJD? BTW, watz your budget?
Old 17th August 2008, 22:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are more concerned about fuel efficiency,how about trying a Indica Turbo?
Old 17th August 2008, 22:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

We had a Palio D in the family and I would agree with the mileage quoted by fellow members (12 to 14 in city driving).

It is a great car, but Fiat A.S.S is a painful process. Go of it if you get one in good condition.

The car is good for city driving with its great low end torque. The build quality of Fiat makes it good for highway use aswell. The suspension is a good compromise between ride and handling.
Old 17th August 2008, 23:42   #8

I would love to own an MJD, but as my budget is restricted to 2 lacs at the moment i can not think about it for at least a year. i need some thing thats fuel efficent at the moment. As i like FIAT products and love oil burners i had short listed 2 hatchbacks Uno and Palio. its really difficult to find a well maintained Uno, hence i feel palio would be right. I some how dont like the feel of an Indica and seriously didnt like the turbo lag on it.That does'nt mean its a bad car.
I have driven the uno for a while and know of its fuel consumption, which is excellent. but have know idea about the Palio's fuel consumption.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:27   #9
BHPian

Just a couple of weeks ago a gentleman at Mysore was selling a 1.9D Palio (Red in colour and with some great alloys and subtle modifications and good ICE with a LCD screen) for about 3L. The vehicle has done about 75K and is a Tamil Nadu registration. I thot that the price he was asking was really steep!
If you get any Palio 1.9Ds, could you let me know the price? Thanks!
Old 19th August 2008, 00:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Just a couple of weeks ago a gentleman at Mysore was selling a 1.9D Palio (Red in colour and with some great alloys and subtle modifications and good ICE with a LCD screen) for about 3L. The vehicle has done about 75K and is a Tamil Nadu registration. I thot that the price he was asking was really steep!
If you get any Palio 1.9Ds, could you let me know the price? Thanks!
Sure buddy, i have come across a few listings i'll let u know about the price as soon as posible
Old 19th August 2008, 12:11   #11
BHPian

My Palio D which is now sold used to give me 12-13 in City and max 15 in highways with 100% ac on. It had never given me any more mileage. When I sold it, it had done close to 70K and I should say, I was happy driving her every kilometer of the 70K. Have taken her to 150+ once or twice, and normally drive around 100, felt solid.

The car had started showing the age and also family wanted a more safer car, and I wanted to feel the turbo.. bought a used Elantra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks