Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 20:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

The Palio is a generation older and interiors are too dated, exteriors too so. But the 1.6 Palio is the fastest and quickest hatch. Cannot compare it with an Indica Vista at all . The 1.3MJD will solve reliability problems for the Tatas, hopefully. I do not know how one can compare the two cars.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Where did you get this piece of information?
Whispering winds i suppose

Guess i may be wrong since i dont have any facts to prove it...so one can ignore it!

Cheers~

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Palio is a generation older and interiors are too dated, exteriors too so. But the 1.6 Palio is the fastest and quickest hatch. Cannot compare it with an Indica Vista at all . The 1.3MJD will solve reliability problems for the Tatas, hopefully. I do not know how one can compare the two cars.
Anjan....this thread is not for comparing the performance of Palio 1.6 and Vista 1.2. I've clearly mentioned in early posts.

This was about a choice in overall package of both the cars in terms of dhinkchak features and user friendly.

Cheers~

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2008 at 18:51.
Old 28th August 2008, 00:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
still i will prefer palio interiors and exterior over vista anyday, mostly it depends upon ones preference ..... looks are not black and white decision

anyways rudra the question you asked to me is answered already i guess ..... anyways if you are so sure about palio, go for it. only problem right now i am facing is the parts availability other than that *** is pretty good in regular service and stuff, anyways these are joys of owning a FIAT

Last edited by Rahulkool : 28th August 2008 at 00:38.
Old 28th August 2008, 18:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
still i will prefer palio interiors and exterior over vista anyday, mostly it depends upon ones preference ..... looks are not black and white decision

anyways rudra the question you asked to me is answered already i guess ..... anyways if you are so sure about palio, go for it. only problem right now i am facing is the parts availability other than that *** is pretty good in regular service and stuff, anyways these are joys of owning a FIAT
I'm never sure about Fiat service...until I fall in their hands! hehehee
Old 28th August 2008, 19:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

look rudrah, the two cars has two different motors. the palio dont even match with the indica. oviously the palio will give you more power than the indica.
now its upto you to decide.
the palio is old, its quite old. the interiors are old, simple, & the black-beige combo looks odd.
the indica is totally a new car. fresh interiors, fresh looks, bigger, better ride quality etc.

the palio 1.6 which is the fastest hatch in india will give you something that the indica can never give.
if you are looking for a fast, powerful car with ok interiors/looks then its the palio. or else its the indica.

you will feel the lack of power in both the cars with the 1.1motor. in case of the diesel both do have the same engine (1.3 MULTIJET/QUADRAJET) & the motor is pretty good.
i would say according to your choice, go for the palio 1.6.
Old 29th August 2008, 23:59   #36
BANNED

@rudrah : Let us know what you decide, and don't forget to put up some pictures.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:08   #37
BHPian

I wish Tata would introduce at least one hot hatch model in Safire with an 1.4 or 1.6 engine. That would settle this debate i suppose
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:49   #38
BHPian

Thumbs up for Palio Stile 1.6

Thank you guyz for all your valuable feedbacks!

I've decided to say TATA to Safire and dwell in Stile

Will post the buying and initial ownership with pics sooon....

Thanks again..

Cheers~
Rudrah
Old 5th September 2008, 14:40   #39
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the Safire engine...
Old 5th September 2008, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Saw this thread a bit late.
So Rudrah, you decided to stick to the 1.6 rite? Share with us your experience with the car.

Other than the interiors, driving the car each day is going to be a pleasure each day. Take my word for it, it's coming from a 1.6 Sport owner
Old 11th September 2008, 16:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rudrah.
Your search ends. Congrats! You will finally place your hands on your much desired vehicle, Palio 1.6.

I am using it since last 2 months and have already done 3.5K kms. Did a 1k trip to Goa and back from Pune. Man, it is the king on roads when compared to other hatchs. And the confidence it gives in handling is amazing. Worth the price.
The best part is the AC. It gives out smog in 15-20 min. Chill.

And believe me, it is very low on maintenance. It doesn't cost much in regular maintenance. Yes, if there is an unfortunate incident and you damage a rarely used spare, you may face delay. But I bet, once you lay your hands on it, you will have no issues with such delays.

Once again, Congrats on your buy!!
Old 11th September 2008, 17:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

missed out seeing the latest updates too, congrats rudrah
Old 11th September 2008, 17:11   #43
BHPian

Thanks..

Thanks Bottle, Sidz and Vineet!

Sorry but I'm stuck with office related deadlines..will post the ownership experience very soon!

Happy Safe Driving and wear your seat belts always

Cheers~

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks