Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 11:02   #1
BHPian

Palio 1.6 or Indica Vista 1.1

hi guyz,

the new Indica Vista has gained a overwhelming reponse in terms of quality and performance for its Quadrajet Engine!

Has anybody TD the Safire(1.2 Petrol) version?

I've booked a Palio Stile 1.6 couple of weeks back and waiting for the delivery. The car is not yet billed because of the unavailability of Formula red color. So i still stand a chance to cancel it if required.

After having a glance on the feedbacks of Vista..and the loads of todays gen features (exc Airbags ,ABS), I'm totally inclined towards it.

I wont be opting for Quadrajet but the Petrol version Safire Aura which also shares the 1.2 Fiat engine generating 65PS @5500 rpm.

I'm confused if I should cancel Palio 1.6 and go for Vista 1.2 or stick to my Palio. I've to take the decision in this week itself.

Waiting Period: 3-4 weeks!

Indica Vista 1.2 is costing 4.40L OTR while Palio 4.7 OTR thou Im aware both belongs to different engine class, sturdy and refinement!

Is it worth to cancel Palio 1.6 and go for Vista 1.2?

This would be my first car in my family! Need your advise...to get into a conclusion!

Thanks n cheers~
Rudrah

Last edited by rudrah : 26th August 2008 at 11:06.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:11   #2
BANNED

@rudrah - there is a different thread on the subject. You choose a 1.6L Fiat. Now any reason to consider the 1.2L MJD?
Old 26th August 2008, 11:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rudrah : Is it worth to cancel Palio 1.6 and go for Vista 1.2?
For a moment, let's take the Vista part out of the equation, which will leave you with the question :

Would you cancel your 1.6 booking and go for the Palio 1.2 instead ?

If the answer is yes, then the Vista 1.2 would be in line.

If you would not have switched from the 1.6 to the 1.2, then IMHO, this question should not even be brought up.

Last edited by condor : 26th August 2008 at 11:13.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:13   #4
BHPian

Rudrah...

Why did you book a Palio 1.6 and not a 1.1 ??? Because you wanted a nice car with a powerful engine, good handling, features. right??

In my opinion the Vista 1.2 is grossly underpowered like the 1.1 Stile. Also looks are subjective, but the Palio to me still makes my heart skip a beat when I see her and the Indica looks too rounded, tall and bulky (I owned a Indica for 5 years before I bught a Palio)

Further you need to test drive this car to understand the handling characteristics, driver comfort et al.

So if it's the driving pleasure and a proven car that you are looking at then stick to the Palio 1.6.

But if you wan't a car which is new on the block, somewhat fresh (it's an re-skinned Indica after all) with more features (not very different from the Palio) but don't mind the underpowered engine - then go for this car.

I would suggest that you seriously test drive a Vista before changing your booking. Tata guys would be only to happy to change your booking.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For a moment, let's take the Vista part out of the equation, which will leave you with the question :

Would you cancel your 1.6 booking and go for the Palio 1.2 instead ?

If the answer is yes, then the Vista 1.2 would be in line.

If you would not have switched from the 1.6 to the 1.2, then IMHO, this question should not even be brought up.
Condor.
The inclination was subjected due to the features that Vista provides interiors as well as exterior wise. It shows it belongs to this new gen while Fiat still continues to live in history since their focus is now on GP and Linea.

I'm not at all comparing the engine power which I'm aware what 1.6 can do..Palio wins sweetly

Ofcourse I wouldn't had opted for Palio 1.2 when I've 1.6 as a choice.

The Indica Vista seems a complete VFM packaged car except for its 1.2 engine...IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Rudrah...

Why did you book a Palio 1.6 and not a 1.1 ??? Because you wanted a nice car with a powerful engine, good handling, features. right??

In my opinion the Vista 1.2 is grossly underpowered like the 1.1 Stile. Also looks are subjective, but the Palio to me still makes my heart skip a beat when I see her and the Indica looks too rounded, tall and bulky (I owned a Indica for 5 years before I bught a Palio)

Further you need to test drive this car to understand the handling characteristics, driver comfort et al.

So if it's the driving pleasure and a proven car that you are looking at then stick to the Palio 1.6.

But if you wan't a car which is new on the block, somewhat fresh (it's an re-skinned Indica after all) with more features (not very different from the Palio) but don't mind the underpowered engine - then go for this car.

I would suggest that you seriously test drive a Vista before changing your booking. Tata guys would be only to happy to change your booking.
@Palio_2005, as i mentioned above, the decision was purely in terms of mostly interior features that Vista provides as compared to Palio. Its just not comparable with the dull historical interiors of Palio.

Added to it the A.S.S of Fiat and the step motherly treatment from TATA.

Yeah I would TD the Vista Petrol to see how underpowered it feels.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

+1 to everything above.

I mean dude - 1.1L engine meant to power 840 kg feather weights like WagonR should NOT be put for a 1100kg behemoth. You can't cancel a 1.6 for this saffire nonsense.

In that vein, can I sell you something else you just don't need and that you'd regret for the rest of your life?
Old 26th August 2008, 12:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
+1 to everything above.

I mean dude - 1.1L engine meant to power 840 kg feather weights like WagonR should NOT be put for a 1100kg behemoth. You can't cancel a 1.6 for this saffire nonsense.

In that vein, can I sell you something else you just don't need and that you'd regret for the rest of your life?
i've got many such in my life...not anymore!

Its because of the neat Display features in the central console, large spaces in dashboard, seats designed for lumbar support, adjustable seats, tilt steering, spaces for cups, handles, switches and interior finish quality in Vista is impressing me too much than Palio!

As time is flying, i'm becoming more skeptical for Palios as future its changeover is to GP and Linea. I feel Palio 1.6 will be phased out slowly...as it is Palio MJD is surely going to die with the presence of identically priced
Vista QJD.

Last edited by rudrah : 26th August 2008 at 12:14.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:29   #8
BHPian

Rudrah, since you mentioned it would be the first car in your family i assume it would be used for regular jaunts, shopping trips etc apart from the daily commute. unless the distance travelled this way is really to be low, would Palio 1.6 be an economical family car? since its a family car would you be ripping it regularly and making full use of its power?

if not, i dont think Palio 1.6 is a good choice as a family car. But I dont know at this stage if Safire would be a good substitute, considering its suspect power to weight ratio.

IMO, a family car has to be comfortable for all passengers and economical enough for frequent short trips.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Rudrah, since you mentioned it would be the first car in your family i assume it would be used for regular jaunts, shopping trips etc apart from the daily commute. unless the distance travelled this way is really to be low, would Palio 1.6 be an economical family car? since its a family car would you be ripping it regularly and making full use of its power?

if not, i dont think Palio 1.6 is a good choice as a family car. But I dont know at this stage if Safire would be a good substitute, considering its suspect power to weight ratio.

IMO, a family car has to be comfortable for all passengers and economical enough for frequent short trips.
My first choice to opt for a car was for a FIAT. Next choice, Palio 1.1 and 1.6. With the help BHPians in this forum and expert Palio users, I see 1.6 a lot better option than 1.1..this is more underpowered than Vista 1.2

My usage..yea its mostly in City limits but ofcourse with weekend long trips just for family. This car wont be driven everyday in traffic jams, and also not just a trip from home to shopping jaunts (Malls) and back. For that my Bluebird(Pulsar) suffices it easily

There is no other car i see than Palio 1.6 in terms of performance in its segment untill i saw Indica Vista ( only in terms of features and design)

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 26th August 2008 at 13:15.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:44   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rudrah : ...Vista is impressing me too much than Palio!

As time is flying, i'm becoming more skeptical for Palios as future its changeover is to GP and Linea.
Suggest you do a gooood TD of the Vista 1.2. Take more than one if you need to. Have people with you in the car, and run it with A/c (to check performance under loaded conditions). See if the Vista 1.2 works for you.

If you are happy with the above testing, go for the Vista 1.2. Yes, you read me right. Gut feelings are often correct.

To what you have thought so far, add one point against the Palio - it's A.S.S & spares availability. Feedback about the last point has come from people quite familiar with that.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

the indica could probably serve you better as a family car and it looks like you are interested in it too. have you taken a test drive and seen the actual car in flesh ?

also spares are becoming an increasing issue in case of palio which you should consider. there is a chance that you might not have use of the car
Old 26th August 2008, 13:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

It's very easy to get mooney eyed about a new car launch. Everything seems new and fresh so the Vista will look more attractive to you at the moment. Take a TD of both these cars again - back to back. There wouldn't be any doubt then which car you should go for .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
After having a glance on the feedbacks of Vista..and the loads of todays gen features (exc Airbags ,ABS), I'm totally inclined towards it.

I wont be opting for Quadrajet but the Petrol version Safire Aura
Does the Vista Safire have airbags and ABS? I thought none of the Vista variants come with these features yet?
Old 26th August 2008, 14:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

No none of them have ABS or Airbags as option too.
I think he (rudrah) tried to mean except/excluding ABS & Airbag. Right?
Old 26th August 2008, 14:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

yeah if this is you only car and many people rely on it then i will suggest you to avoid fiat ......
Old 26th August 2008, 14:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
the indica could probably serve you better as a family car and it looks like you are interested in it too. have you taken a test drive and seen the actual car in flesh ?

also spares are becoming an increasing issue in case of palio which you should consider. there is a chance that you might not have use of the car
@Bottle
i havnt taken a TD yet. Will check it out soon. Can you specify why the spares are a concerning issue when now i've heard the service and spares delivery are speed en up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
It's very easy to get mooney eyed about a new car launch. Everything seems new and fresh so the Vista will look more attractive to you at the moment. Take a TD of both these cars again - back to back. There wouldn't be any doubt then which car you should go for .

Does the Vista Safire have airbags and ABS? I thought none of the Vista variants come with these features yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
No none of them have ABS or Airbags as option too.
I think he (rudrah) tried to mean except/excluding ABS & Airbag. Right?
@Amit and @Mjothi
True its easily attractive when something is new and fresh!

Indica Vista in any model and version do not come with Airbags and ABS. But they have provided the display for ABS/Airbags in the console since they plan to introduce in 6 months down the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
yeah if this is you only car and many people rely on it then i will suggest you to avoid fiat ......
Didnt get that..can you please elaborate? As a Palio 1.6 user why are u warning me to avoid it? i've read your experience regarding the dented door!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks