Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 13:39   #16
BHPian

How many more steps does fixing an ABS System require? If this is about 10 additional steps taking an additional 45 minutes, In the time required for building 10 ABS equipped cars, they can maybe build 12 cars without ABS. Now, with the demand for VDi stretching for 2 months of manufacturing, they would probably prefer to manufacture those few additional VDi's without ABS and so sell more! This is more probable since in the case of cars with ABS, they would have got only a few thousands more than the Non ABS cars.
Old 7th October 2008, 09:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
booked non abs one . :(
Nothing to be :( about.

Just make sure you upgrade the tyres
Old 7th October 2008, 20:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
booked non abs one . :(
Good decision bullboy. You will atleast get your car. If you had gone for ABS you would have had to wait for ages. I have also cancelled ABS.From where did you book and what was the waiting period quoted?
Old 14th October 2008, 01:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

That's the best(?) Indian Car Manufacturer with the best Customer Oriented Approach!

When I went car-buying 6 months ago, the Wagon R with ABS-Airbags had a "six month long waiting period, if you are lucky and it's still under production!". With no ABS / Airbags equipped hatchbacks (esp diesel) within my budget, the decision moved elsewhere.

But then, as long the non-ABS bookings (read less safety oriented customers) keep coming to them, things will never change.

Even if the base versions of all cars would come with ABS-Airbags as an option, I am sure the typical Indian mindset would make these bookings a rarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
How many more steps does fixing an ABS System require? If this is about 10 additional steps taking an additional 45 minutes, In the time required for building 10 ABS equipped cars, they can maybe build 12 cars without ABS. Now, with the demand for VDi stretching for 2 months of manufacturing, they would probably prefer to manufacture those few additional VDi's without ABS and so sell more! This is more probable since in the case of cars with ABS, they would have got only a few thousands more than the Non ABS cars.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys there is no supply.

Once ABS kits are produced locally then the waiting period issue would reduce drastically. WRT to consumers opting out it is a long journey that we need to wait and watch.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:04   #21
BHPian

Had Just called Pratham motors Bangalore,was informed that Booking of all Swift Diesel's are stopped because they have bookings for the next 9 months.

was excited for buying my first new vehicle and this happens now any other solutions
Old 15th October 2008, 08:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Try to book at a nearby town like Hoskote(if they have a dealer) or Kolar - check with them first for availability.
Old 20th October 2008, 17:21   #23
BHPian

Had called up dealer in my hometown(Ananthapur) they informed me that they can get me a VDi(with abs) in 3 months
Old 24th October 2008, 19:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
Had Just called Pratham motors Bangalore,was informed that Booking of all Swift Diesel's are stopped because they have bookings for the next 9 months.

was excited for buying my first new vehicle and this happens now any other solutions
There is no point in booking and waiting so long, I am sure most of them get cancelled due to the raining new car launches starts from November 08 to Q1 09.
Old 27th October 2008, 05:08   #25
BHPian

i saw the waiting list of swift/dzire customers at a maruti showroom today. one of the guy is yet to get his car who had booked his swift vdi in august 2007. he has not yet cancelled his booking!
Old 31st October 2008, 01:49   #26
BHPian

These kinds of waiting periods for Swift vdi with ABS is pathetic and not acceptable at all. what's the point in offering an abs version? How many people were able to get it apart from a chosen few. Don't like the attitude of maruti dealers here in Mumbai one bit.
Old 2nd November 2008, 13:15   #27
BHPian

vvvvvv

I totally agree with my friend below.
navneet tells me vxi with abs has a minimum waitng period of 6 months.

Come on,I am asking for a petrol not a diesel
Old 2nd November 2008, 18:03   #28
BHPian

Was thinking of booking a black Vdi with Abs myself. the first dealer said no booking. the second said 6 months waiting with 50000\- booking amount... i told him i want immediate delivery even if he wants a lil premium. gave him my number to call back in case he has something.

i m not giving 50K booking amount for a 6 month delivery.... i d rather continue driving my 800 and wait for newer launches...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks