Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 17:38   #16
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
- The servicing costs also are pretty reasonable.
- The only disadvantage of the palio however is only the large turning angle.
I agree with gods-envy. It is not very expensive to maintain the car as is usually made out to be. The charges will be slightly above Maruti and Hyundai ofcourse but not exhorbitant.

I never treat my GTX as a hatchback because of the turning radius. I treat it like a sedan. Just keep this in mind while driving it and the turning radius becomes a very miniscule issue.

My vote goes for Palio 1.6.

All the best!
Old 8th October 2008, 13:40   #17
BHPian

Still confused :)

Thanks guys for all your inputs! Have more information now, but still as confused :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
OT:
... I have one. 1.6 S10. Too bad that it came only in yellow (would have loved the red option in S10).
But I like it now. Don't know what other's have to say on the road.
The S10 is surely the best of the Palio lot! Came across one more which was nice, sadly the current owner and I couldn't cut it on price. Sure seems like a bargain in front of the Fusion, but I couldn't pay anymore for a car that old!

It sure is a beauty and enhanced in Yellow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
I would recommend the Palio. A better comparo with the Fiusion would be the Adventure. Similar segment - soft roader.
True, but Adventures are even harder to find than Fusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Surprised that people find the Palio more refined of the two. Given a choice now, I would buy the Fusion over the Palio. Its even more fun to drive and has much better quality all round. The handling is a bit better than the Palio too, atleast thats what I felt. Even the gear slots in very well and provides a sporty feel. Palio has better low down torque, but post 4.5 K rpm, Fusion is much better. Drive the two back to back and you'd know what I'm saying.
Thanks for these inputs. Will help me decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Gillford what you need to look at is the budget what you have, Palio is good for long drives and its pretty fuel efficient.
Well budget is flexible depending on the car and condition and age! But I have decided I want a used car to begin with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Tough choice !!! But if I had to choose, I'd go for the Palio. Purely for the build quality and the pick up. Its a great car to drive. But if space is what you're looking for and the Ford maintainance bills have'nt spooked you, then go for the Fusion.
Actually that's what's spooking me even now! Else the decision would have been so much easier!

I dread a scenario where the car would drive into the service station for a routine service and I need to pay 10-20% of what I paid for the car to take it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Gillford, how much does a used Fusion cost?? aprrox pricing?
Well it depends. Could vary from city to city and condition and year and model. New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com is a good indicator of what models cost. Yes Bangalore unfortunately commands the highest resale values in the Country. More so for rare and not so successful models which may go as scrap elsewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Fusion is no doubt a good car and its a niche. But I am sure in the used car market, its no cheap. Also, these are not the Fusion +. So there aint any ABS etc.
People ask anywhere between 3.5-4.5 for a used Fusion as compared to 1.3-1.8 for a used Palio.
I was myself looking for Fusion and Palio 1.6, but Fusion owners demand a lot more price. I went ahead with the Palio.

Make your decision depending on your budget. If you can afford 3.5-4.5, go for the Fusion. Else Palio 1.6 makes more sense.
Thanks for your inputs! I really wish I could find a Palio in your condition at the price you paid, here in Bangalore! Bangalore may have the highest number of Palios per car in the country :P. Hence they are decently popular even in the resale market. Plus niche cars are do hard to find, so finding someone willing to sell is a rarity. And performance cars are often abused too!

But me in no hurry... so can wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I agree with gods-envy. It is not very expensive to maintain the car as is usually made out to be. The charges will be slightly above Maruti and Hyundai ofcourse but not exhorbitant.

I never treat my GTX as a hatchback because of the turning radius. I treat it like a sedan. Just keep this in mind while driving it and the turning radius becomes a very miniscule issue.

My vote goes for Palio 1.6.

All the best!
That's a good tip! The Palio is a pure heart decision, the Fusion would be with a little head involved (still not completely rational)!
Old 10th November 2008, 19:42   #18
BHPian

Well after seeing several Palios and some Fusions, decided to preference the Fusion for several aspects including the space, practicality and exclusivity. But my love for the Palio still holds and sometimes I regret I didn't keep it as first preference! First love afterall That said, we stretched and significantly upped our budget for a Fusion with the Palios to roll back on if needed.

So over the weekend planned to finalise a Fusion (as first preference) but ran out of time and got busy on Sunday. Read about it on my post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post1047692
Old 13th November 2008, 10:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Well after seeing several Palios and some Fusions, decided to preference the Fusion for several aspects including the space, practicality and exclusivity. But my love for the Palio still holds and sometimes I regret I didn't keep it as first preference! First love afterall That said, we stretched and significantly upped our budget for a Fusion with the Palios to roll back on if needed.

So over the weekend planned to finalise a Fusion (as first preference) but ran out of time and got busy on Sunday. Read about it on my post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post1047692
Hi,

I hope you have read the news in todays DNA Money:

Ford has decided to phase out Fusion!
Old 13th November 2008, 12:25   #20
BHPian

Fusion Phased Out :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I hope you have read the news in todays DNA Money:

Ford has decided to phase out Fusion!
I hadn't till you pointed out! Thanks for pointing it out! Had a fall from my bike yesterday and hence haven't been able to finalise yet! Here's the link:

DNA - Money - Ford to phase out Fusion - Daily News & Analysis

And now found the dedicated link to it!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ut-fusion.html

Last edited by Glifford : 13th November 2008 at 12:35. Reason: Added link
Old 13th November 2008, 12:35   #21
BHPian

I've already been through that since i logged into

Have you finalised your deal for Fusion?
Old 13th November 2008, 12:58   #22
BHPian

Con-Fusion Continues!

Quote:
I've already been through that since i logged into
C'mon! I know that! It was for anyone else following the thread!

Quote:
Have you finalised your deal for Fusion?
Not yet. Have been busy at work. And yesterday when getting to work, took a tumble from my bike! The first in 5 yrs, 24 days and 34,000 km on my P180!

Water on the road, courtesy an errant tanker that flooded the entire left lane! Skid and fell. Damages to bike include broken headlamp glass, broken right RVM, bent crash guard right, bent rear brake pedal and some scratches!

Damages to self include bruised right knee, aching shoulder, ripped trouser right leg, ripped glove (that thankfully saved my palm leaving it scratch/bruiseless). (New) Helmet also survived without a scratch! Backpack bag had straps ripped out. Laptop chassis has some damage! Data safe!

Now both the bike and me are slowly getting back to shape. Bike will recover faster :P

Wondering what do I do now? The Con-Fusion continues!
Old 13th November 2008, 13:44   #23
BHPian

Hey Glifford,

pray you get back to normal self soon.

Brother, i would strongly suggest you to go for palio (not because i own one) because owing a palo (that too 1.6) is an experience in itself. and considering that Fiat tata are tightening the noose on their dealers / workshops to give better services it'll be a wise decision.

Since, both the brands are notorously popular for offering abrupt services to its customers (this is the case in punjab dont know about bangalore) it is better to choose the one which is trying to revive itself.

dont worry about the resale value much in case you want to keep the car for atleast three or four years.

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 13th November 2008 at 13:46.
Old 13th November 2008, 13:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Why used ?

Quote:
we stretched and significantly upped our budget for a Fusion with the Palios to roll back on if needed.
If you already have a budget of 3-4 L, why go for a used Fusion ?
I'd say go for a new Palio 1.6 instead of a used Fusion or used Palio.

The little extra you'd need to pay is well worth and eliminate any maintenance issue for the next 4 years atleast. The price of a new Palio has come down a lot.
Old 13th November 2008, 14:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
C'mon! I know that! It was for anyone else following the thread!

Not yet. Have been busy at work. And yesterday when getting to work, took a tumble from my bike! The first in 5 yrs, 24 days and 34,000 km on my P180!

Water on the road, courtesy an errant tanker that flooded the entire left lane! Skid and fell. Damages to bike include broken headlamp glass, broken right RVM, bent crash guard right, bent rear brake pedal and some scratches!

Damages to self include bruised right knee, aching shoulder, ripped trouser right leg, ripped glove (that thankfully saved my palm leaving it scratch/bruiseless). (New) Helmet also survived without a scratch! Backpack bag had straps ripped out. Laptop chassis has some damage! Data safe!

Now both the bike and me are slowly getting back to shape. Bike will recover faster :P

Oops apart from the Con-Fusion, another blow to you!

Hope you are doing fine now...drive safe dude! ur experience reminded mine and i know how you might have felt!

Since you had narrowed ur choice between a Palio and Fusion..I would also suggest now to opt for Palio as others have pointed about the TATA-FIAT service which is now improving! Being in banglore, you need not worry about Fiat..theres plenty of Fiats to take care of u

Also a new 1.6 Stile, as long back i had told u..would cost you in 4.5OTR so think about it and go with your heart!

You will never regret~

Cheers~
Old 13th November 2008, 16:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon.

So you have yet not taken a decision?
Old 14th November 2008, 16:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Oops.. Hoping you recover soon.
Cant help but... Is that a sign that you shouldnt go for the Fusion?

Cheers,
Old 14th November 2008, 16:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
Oops.. Hoping you recover soon.
Cant help but... Is that a sign that you shouldnt go for the Fusion?
Have almost recovered. Scarlet Fever (my bike) has. Turns out even Bike spares are expensive :P and a single fall can turn out pretty expensive.

I don't know how to take it. But yes, I was thinking of Ford putting in the Duratorq into the Ikon at the very moment of the crash. No, was not contemplating picking up the car, just wondering how it would do in the market. Of course I was also calculating how far would the tanker go before running dry.. if it would dump water at such an alarming rate!
Old 17th July 2009, 13:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Glifford bought the Fusion & the ownership report can be viewed Here
Old 17th July 2009, 13:39   #30
BANNED

I'm quite surprised the Palio 1.6 gives good milege. I'm looking for a car to use on weekends just for fun. Should I consider a second hand Palio 1.6? The prices look tempting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks