Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 20:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Well i went for an interview yesterday ,for the post of sales man for Linea , The Sales manager "SAYS" that it will be launched next month , but was asking me what kind of an promotional approach should be made for the Linea. . Just too much for me.
I think he was trying to test your creative thinking capabilities... I read on another thread you got the job... Congrats mate.

Btw, I think too that Grande Punto will not release anytime until mid or end of Q1 2009.. Highly doubtful....
Old 20th October 2008, 11:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Update!!!

The idiots from HMP got home a i10 1.1, when we wanted to buy the 1.2. And at the showroom they have the Getz 1.1 for TD and not the 1.3.

The results of the i10 TD were 50:50 (Success: Disaster). The rear seat is too jumpy, mom was way to uncomfy over each and every bump that car went over. Apart from that the 1.1 was pretty good. But this 'bounciness' has put the car now on the waiting list.

Next car to be TD'ed was the Getz 1.1. Now this was really comfortable and stable. Somehow Dad did not feel the 1.1 to be underpowered!

Swift and Palio stile are on the cards for this week for TD's.

A few questions though:-
  • Whats the FE difference between the Getz 1.1 & 1.3? Any major difference in maintenance costs between the two?
  • The difference in cost between the two is close to 70K, is there only a difference in performance or is there more to it?
  • Is the Getz 1.1 really too very sluggish?
Old 20th October 2008, 13:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
  • Whats the FE difference between the Getz 1.1 & 1.3? Any major difference in maintenance costs between the two?
  • The difference in cost between the two is close to 70K, is there only a difference in performance or is there more to it?
  • Is the Getz 1.1 really too very sluggish?
from what i heard from owners and read in reviews, 1.3 has a mileage of 8-10 kmpl in city and 1.1 gives around 10-12 kmpl.
the 1.3 also comes in higher trims not available with the 1.1 option.
the main complaint i hear about 1.1 is that its not very driveable in traffic - lots of gear changes required.
Old 20th October 2008, 15:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
from what i heard from owners and read in reviews, 1.3 has a mileage of 8-10 kmpl in city and 1.1 gives around 10-12 kmpl.
the 1.3 also comes in higher trims not available with the 1.1 option.
the main complaint i hear about 1.1 is that its not very driveable in traffic - lots of gear changes required.
Correct, when I bought Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS in June 08, it gave me an FE of 9 which increased to 9.5 & now I get around 10.5 in Bangalore city at 70-75% AC after 1st service. Except for the FE factor, Getz is superior to all vehicle in all respect in its class & for some even a class above it.

I would say that driving Getz Prime is the best thing I do, too comfortable car to drive(I learnt driving just 6 months back but took TD of 50% of the cars available in Bangalore showrooms), better than any car in its class.

I would suggest the thread starter to go for Getz Prime 1.3. As driving for your dad would be less too so FE is no problem,its the perfect choice for senior people too. Its spacious even for a gorilla, its has good boot space, great dual tone beige interiors, great driving pleasure & good performance.
It has big tyres, I think 175R14/65, it has rear wipers too with rear spoiler( it gives a sporty look).
But make sure not to get the music system from there, thats not so good. Take a discount! Cheerscheers:
Old 24th October 2008, 15:33   #35
BHPian

As for latest news I believe Getz will be sold along with I20, it wont be phased out. So if you can wait for i20, Fiat Grande Punto but if you cant then even I feel getz is the best choice.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:23   #36
BHPian

Getz 1.1 is good buy

After doing 6-8 months of research we bought getz 1.1 . The car is great VFM especially for the comfort it is has. And as it's for parents and you are going to keep it for looong time it makes sense to go for this car.

We are getting millage around 12 + in pune city driving condition. We got our car for ~4.5lkh with seat covers, wheel caps. You need to add film + music system.

Also for city driving it is not underpowered. This car be easily taken to 120 + on highways.

Only -ve point is you are purchasing old model. But if you are going to keep it for 5 + years , any latest model will be old.
So why to pay the premium? Go for it.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:20   #37
BHPian

Congrats buddy , you would not regret your decision for sure. If you drive the car carefully(or whoever drives it), you can get about 14-15 kmpl too. I have changed by style of driving in Getz Prime 1.3 & getting about 13.5 kmpl, so 1.1 would certainly give you more.

Please read my post here

Most Viewed