Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 16:18   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

i10 Kappa : 4 Months old manafactured vehicle, Is that OK?

Guys, need some urgent advice. I have decided to pick up a Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa and i am suppose to take the delivery of the vehicle tomorrow ( Nov 21).

However, this afternoon got a call from the sales rep and she was telling me that my vehicle has arrived in the showroom and wanted to know if she can fit all the accessories that are part of the deal.

I just asked her one question, what is the manafacturing month of the vehicle that they are delivering to me and she said it is July'08.

I need urgent inputs if this is alright because 4-months seems like a lot of time considering that i10 is selling like hot cakes.

Please let me know should i insist for a different car or this much difference from manafactured date to delivery date is normal?

Thanks!
Mobike008
Old 20th November 2008, 16:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Insist on a different car. You may be getting a damage repaired or a TD used vehicle from the dealer
Old 20th November 2008, 16:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I need urgent inputs if this is alright because 4-months seems like a lot of time considering that i10 is selling like hot cakes.
Yes. You right. Tell them you don't want this and get another one.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:

Please let me know should i insist for a different car or this much difference from manafactured date to delivery date is normal?

Thanks!
Mobike008
Not sure, but IMO you can and should insist upon a newer manufactured vehicle. For a car like i10 four months does seem a bit odd. though it is perfectly normal for maybe a not-so-popular vehicle.

Elito
Old 20th November 2008, 16:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

I feel 2 to 3 months old is common for any car but when i10 has 3 weeks waiting period how come it can be 4 months old ?

May be they started manufacturing i10 4 months before its launched. Check whats the manufacturing date of their test drive car and also check which month its registered. or check other i10 Kappa to figure out mfg date and selling date.

I will try to get some info on it as well.

PM few bhpians who owns Kappa mannual and automatic and ask them to check mfg date and registration date.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:29   #6
BHPian

IMO, you must insist that the car is manufactured in current month.

You never know if they are selling some refurbished old stock as the manuf. date is of July.

Also, when did you book the car ?
Pls get the opinion of other Senior TBHPians as well.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your inputs Tsk,Mjothi and Elito

Ravi, it would be a great help if you can provide some further inputs on this subject. I will also try finding out from other bhpians who own the same car.

@Khandelwal, i booked it last week and was told it was immediately available for delivery. But, as i wasn't in a hurry to take the delivery so i told them, will pick it up on Nov 21st.

In any case, i am not going ahead with taking this particular unit as i have a strong suspicion not everything seems to be right and will insist for a latest manafactured car even if i have to wait for sometime.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:21   #8
BHPian

On a fast selling model, 4 months old vehicles gives room for suspicion. Not worth taking the risk. The mental agony and the running around that you may have to do in case it is a lemon is not worth it.

Ask them for a vehicle manufactured in Nov 2008.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:47   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I just spoke to the sales rep. And, i insisted that i want a vehicle which is Nov'08 manafactured car and without putting up a fight she agreed which brings all our suspicion to a fact that it was indeed a "Lemon"

She told me, will order a vehicle from Chennai and was i willing to wait?

I said, absolutely!!!

I warned her that i will take the delivery only after inspecting in detail the manafactured date, date mentioned on tyres and also insisted that i wanted my car to be fitted with Bridgestone instead of MRF ( some lots come with Bridgestone and some with MRF).

To add some weight to my warning, i said i will distribute this information that you were trying to pass me off a used vehicle across my company and to everyone i know which will bring dis-repute to your dealership.

I guess that should be enough to scare her off and deliver an immaculate vehicle.

Thanks a bunch to all the guys who contributed and it goes without saying, TBHP ROCKS!!!
Old 20th November 2008, 18:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke to the sales rep. And, i insisted that i want a vehicle which is Nov'08 manafactured car and without putting up a fight she agreed which brings all our suspicion to a fact that it was indeed a "Lemon"
And to think that you were this close to buying a lemon. Whew !!!
Old 20th November 2008, 18:41   #11
BHPian

Kool man, this helps prospective buyers to ask this question at-least once before they take the delivery out (In-case if they have missed the pre-inspection stage)
Old 23rd November 2008, 00:27   #12
BHPian

4 month old car creates a lot of suspicion. But the present situation of Hyundai Motor India is very bad. They are not able to sell the domestic version of the i10 and the export model sells more.

How i know this?????
I am working for a company which manufacturs brakes and suspension system for most of the Hyundai cars. So we get to know whats happening inside.

Hyundai produces 1200 cars a day of i10 in which around 700 goes for the export market. And the latest news being that they are having close to 40000 cars in their factory yard due to poor sales and cancellation of major export orders.
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:48   #13
BHPian

Expect a discount on the iRde version on the i10 soon . There has been a huge backlog of i10 irde at the factory which might be out soon with the discounts. So you are likely to see 4 months old manufactured vehicles in the market but mind you i am talking only about the irde versions. Source: Someone who works in hyundai.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:42   #14
BHPian

How to check manufacturing date of the vehicle? Even I have i10 bought it this March will check it let you know.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:57   #15
BHPian

I checked at the dealership here. All their vehicles are Aug manufactured, but the sales exec is ready to show me the purchase invoices to prove that he got the stock of cars recently. What should i do ? Is it okay to buy an Aug unit it the dealer procured it this month ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks