Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 00:12   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Both Base variants

Spark 1.0 (Base) Costs 3.12L in Pune and comes with AC only. No P/S, Body Colored bumpers etc.
Its LS Variant, Cost 3.52L comes with P/S & AC & Body colored bumpers.

Palio SL, around 3.5L, comes with P/S, AC, Body Colored bumpers. PS, AC & Body colred bumpers are standard across all variants in Palio.
Those are the on-road price in chennai after 4% price reduction

spark 1.0ps 3.10
palio 1.1sl 3.4

price may vary by few thousands.
Old 11th December 2008, 01:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Spark is a very easily maneuverable car especially in city conditions. Small and pretty sprightly. The 1 litre engine gives it that extra grunt which the matiz lacked.

3 yrs comprehensive warranty package tilts it in favour of the Spark. Your A.S.S costs are pretty less. Mileage is more than the Palio. The 1.1 lt engine is too small for the sturdy Palio.
Old 11th December 2008, 08:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

my vote goes to Spark, its a cute car and deliver decent mileage figure
If your budget permits go for A-Star
Old 11th December 2008, 09:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Those are the on-road price in chennai after 4% price reduction

spark 1.0ps 3.10
palio 1.1sl 3.4

price may vary by few thousands.

I think the choice is clear unless you dont want the extra space and extra equipment/feature list you get with the Palio. The downside would be a bigger turning radius. Service is surely improving and should not be a problem unless the dealer at your place is very pathetic and arrogant to change.

This is what i would say. If you plan to keep the car for around 4-5 years you should go for the Palio. You would surely appreciate the space and the ride comfort and he additional features you get at that price. If you dont mind the space in the spark and want to avail the 3yr free maintainance they are offering, go for the spark.

Last edited by gemithomas : 11th December 2008 at 09:42.
Old 11th December 2008, 20:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I think the choice is clear unless you dont want the extra space and extra equipment/feature list you get with the Palio. The downside would be a bigger turning radius. Service is surely improving and should not be a problem unless the dealer at your place is very pathetic and arrogant to change.

This is what i would say. If you plan to keep the car for around 4-5 years you should go for the Palio. You would surely appreciate the space and the ride comfort and he additional features you get at that price. If you dont mind the space in the spark and want to avail the 3yr free maintainance they are offering, go for the spark.
Yea, Palio service is improving. But for palio many parts are imported. So waiting list is a big problem. But the Linea and GPunto models of fiat are completely Indian made. So fiat has promised that there wont be any waiting list for these models. Also the parts will be much cheaper for these models.

Say if some Palio parts are costing much less than it was before, then it means that those parts are now beeing manufactured locally. So, there wont be much delay in replacing those parts.

Palio would be a good choice for highway driving. No doubt about that. But for totall city driver like me, its spark.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:06   #36
BHPian

Either get the Spark or A-star.If buying Palio only get it with the 1.6 motor or the 1.3 mjd.
Old 12th December 2008, 08:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
But for totall city driver like me, its spark.
Good choice. All the best.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:12   #38
BHPian

No comparisson please.... anyday its a palio ! Just go test drive and feel the difference. Moreover the CEO Rajiv kapoor sounds very promising with respect thier after sale service . Fiat will make a differece in the days to come.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks