Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 17:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the stock tubeless tyres are okay, especially if you are getting bridgestone tyres.
Make sure you ask your dealer to give you bridgestones. They might be a little reluctant but insist on them. I did. Got bridgestone b250s... not the best tyres around but very acceptable for stock tyres...
Old 21st March 2009, 16:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

if the features given on top end versions is not required by you then opt for a lower version but go with quadrajet engine,more refined,better torque and nhv better to its tdi engine, few years down you wont regret you decision on quadrajet.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:26   #18
BHPian

I would completely agree with vijay on that. the quadrajet is a complete pleasure to drive. its great since the heart comes on que from FIAT. on a longish drive the other day(I was driving the FIAT Palio MJD SDX) there were many stop and go situations, I could easily overtake all the TDI's that came by just because of their huge initial turbo lag, and in city driving conditions this quadrajet would be a boon to drive!
Old 25th April 2009, 00:01   #19

I have been driving Aqua Tdi for the past 6 months & till now its been an abosulte beauty! I have heard much bad-mouthing on Tata cars and hence found pleasantly surprised by my Vista's performance- learnt once more that its best to go by one's own judgement than be influenced by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
My Sister and brother in law are on the look out for a new car and after checking out all the hatches, we have decided to go for the Indica vista quadajet Gala Red color.

Things going for it
1) Space and interior quality feels better
2) Quadrajet diesel engine ( for its allround capabilities)
3) Less pricey than its competition ( swift, getz and fusion)
4) Immideate availability and delivery.
5) Decent and fresh looks.

Things not going for it
1) No safety features on offer( ABS and airbags )
2) Alloy wheels not presnt in the top end variant ( costs!!)
3) Tail lamp could have been designed better and is the sore part of the design

Quality, Service and Maintanence costs are something to look out for and i have read many forum members feel that TATA is constantly improving with time on After Sales Service.

The on road prices in Bangalore at Concorde Motors ( opposite Christ college) after todays reduction for
a) Aqua Quadrajet: 5.25Lakh ( front doors power windows only, dual tone interior with shades of grey)
b) Aura quadrajet : 5.54lakh ( All 4 doors power windows, Integrated 2 din Mp3 player( is it decent enough?) ,rear wiper, body colored mirrors, driver seat height adjustment,rear fog lamps, 60:40 split rear seats, dual tone with grey and beige interiors)

I have the following confusions

1) I am not a big fan of the Beige color and was wondering whether the additional features are worth the price difference. Should I go for the Aqua or the Aura.

2) Can anbody please let me know whether i can bargain for dealer discounts though the dealer has told he could give some discounts on the accessories. If anybody has got it raise your hands and let me know

3) Any tips on what to look out for during the car delivery and how to treat the diesel car initially is most welcome as we are used to driving petrol cars.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:10   #20
BHPian

I havent driven a TDi but i can safely say that QJD is indeed a pleasure in city.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:18   #21

Boss- I am driving an Vista Tdi Aqua for the last 6 months and it has been an absolute driving pleasure for the 3000 km I have made it run. Contrary to poular belief, Tata after sales service has been good. The car is giving me a decent mileage 13.5 - 14 kmpl in city conditions- its a big deal since Vista is a heavy car weighing around 1400 kg. Since you say you would be travelling around 300-400 km daily , Vista would be ideal for you because of its spacious interiors and excellent ac.

And as far as your dilemma between qudrajet & tdi is concerned, I wouls recommend you Tdi since it has been a good value for money from my personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabiessence View Post
Hi Everyone.....
Read All The Reviews About Indica Vista Aqua Tdi, But I M Really Confused About The Engines Should I Go For Quadra Or Tdi.
I Had Visited The Tata Showroom In Jalandhar Punjab.

The Salesperson Told Me That The Only Difference In Aqua Tdi And Quadra Is The Engine........rest The Interior/exterior And Features Are Same In Both.

So Guys Could I Shred 53000 More For The Engine Is It Worth For Me.....

As I Would Be Driving The Car For Business Tours Thats Usually Around 300 - 400 Kms In A Day.......

Please Help Me......

This Would Be My First Tata Car.......not For The Diesel
As I Am Having A Skoda Ambiente And A Alto ....

And How Are Tata Rated For Their Service...

The Showroom Price Is
Aqua Tdi
Aqua Quadrajet
Old 25th May 2009, 20:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeblitz View Post
You could get 14" alloys and just use the stock wheels or you might upsize to 185/60 R14 tyres but remember that any increase in the width of the tyre would decrease your mileage and top speeds - both of which would be serious considerations for someone who travel's as much as u do.
Width meaning thread thickness ? Because the previous myths about increasing the diameter adversely affecting the mileage is proved false. Infact a 1" increase could even increase mileage.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

i think an increase in tread width should correlate to an increase in rolling resistance = energy loss = less mileage
Old 25th May 2009, 23:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anustup_vista View Post
Boss- I am driving an Vista Tdi Aqua for the last 6 months and it has been an absolute driving pleasure for the 3000 km I have made it run.
Have you driven (or even test driven) the quadrajet? Then it would be an apples to apples comparison which could help a few folks out here to decide if the 50K premium commanded by the Quadrajet is indeed worthy!
Old 30th May 2009, 19:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Width meaning thread thickness ? Because the previous myths about increasing the diameter adversely affecting the mileage is proved false. Infact a 1" increase could even increase mileage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i think an increase in tread width should correlate to an increase in rolling resistance = energy loss = less mileage
Dear Di1in
I think tyre width is not same as tread thickness therfore 'greenhorn' is absolutely right. Surface area in contact is directly proportional to friction.
Moreover increase in radius of tyre either way like increased tread thickness or larger rim size shall increase FE but at the cost of traction power.
thanks
Old 30th June 2009, 20:27   #26
BHPian

@ GREENHORN !
does the new fiat gear box mated to the 475 IDIimproves the low grunt and driveability or it has the same flawed ratios of the old one on the earlier range of diesel indica family ?
Would love to buy the qj , but finances are tight and a saving of 50000/60000 more important at this stage. Can settle with the less refined engine provided if the gear box change improves matters and torque spread is more even than the early one. then i dont mind going for it.
Some insight ' ll be most helpful.
thanks.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

highnoon, I dont think the tdi gearbox is a fiat unit. its a tata box, but supposedly, it has had some improvments ( not sure about the ratios, maybe a vista tdi owner can post them) , but on the nvh and refinement front.

From what i've heard, power delivery is not that different from the indica turbo ( still like a regular indica with a NOS button - which I personally like btw . horrible in the city, but tons on fun on open roads), and its a bit slower, since its a bigger car, 3 extra bhp notwithstanding.

Which variant are you planning to buy btw? I hope you know that the QJD terra has been launched recently

Last edited by greenhorn : 30th June 2009 at 20:54.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:24   #28
BHPian

Thanks , greenhorn !
i remember reading in the vista launch ad that even the tdi had the new gearbox from fiat, i fail to remember the number though..
Was looking to buy the aqua TDI OTR pune / lonavala would cost me about 4.08 L .
Had booked Nano LX as my second car. gOT THE ALOTTMENT but del. around oct. to dec 2010.
Can u beat that ? How stupid it can get to put up 1.4 lc booking amount and then start emi and wait for a whole yr. and half for delivery ? . :(
Hopefully tomorrow when i cancel my booking , they 'll offer me the discounts on the terra QJ that they offered applicants who d'nt get the alottment.
Then i'll go for the terra QJ PRONTO.
just love the tatas. With all their shortcomings one thing u gotta hand it to them they offer unbeatable value.
I had the NA DIESEL 2004 DLS, got frustrated with the sluggishness ,sold it prematurely despite of some great FE numbers. And for what it was worth , i d'bought a diesel car DLS for the price of an equivalent petrol i.e. santro , wagon r lxi. i DO APPRECIATE THAT THEY ACTUALLY ARE SELLING A REASONABLY LARGE HATCHBACK WITH A FRUGAL DIESEL MOTOR FOR THE ALMOST THE SAME PRICE OF COUPLE OF VERY COMPACT petrol HATCHES.
anyway Shall try to find out about the gearbox though.with practically the same fig.71bhp and 135n torque , it could well be the same tata unit.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

of course, remember to go through our list of indica vista problems thread, so that you'll know what to look for
Old 1st July 2009, 20:32   #30
BHPian

Problems in Tata vehicles and long term reliability... one could write a book on case studies and it shall be in many volumes ..
Timing belt had almost snapped on my NA Indica v2 dls 2004 within 10 days of delivery when i had not even done 300km. Luckily no damage and was replaced free of cost. Remaining 27 months and 24500 km was uneventful barring front window winder failure. But no doubt The car has basic design flaws and is absolutely unacceptably sluggish with ac on under even half load. Its simply a terrible car for sedate drivers with a light right foot. The plastic quality is on trims and dashboard was so poor.
Only problem is that competition simply doesnt have a single car with large cabin space in this value range for tall large folks.
How reliable Vista is over Indica is the question here. You hardly get any objective analysis from Owners.
wISH I COULD SHELL OUT MORE and go for the Ritz LDI. Swift cabin is too dinghy and though i like looks of neither from the suzuki stable, they may prove way more value in the longer run in terms of peaceful economical ownership and resale.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 1st July 2009 at 20:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks