Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 12:40   #1
BHPian

Santro Eco or Santro GL (Any Review/Comments Eco)

Hi everbody,

One of my friend is in the final leg of purchasing his car. His requirements are
A. A hatch with budget up to 4 L.
B. A reliable service network
C. The usage is only during week end for family (<500 KMs per month)

He did few comparisons between Santro and Wagon R and the final package (with a lot of goodies) for Santro is very tempting compared to Wagon R. So he has zeroed on Santro. Now we came with another option of Santro Eco (LPG). The final price (OTR) quoted for Santro GL is 3,40,000 and Santro Eco is 3,77,000.

His only dilemma is wheather he can go for Santro Eco with an extra amount of 37,000 or not? Is it worth going for LPG?
We need your valuable inputs and I request existing Santro Eco owners to throw some light on this.
Old 11th December 2008, 16:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

@forerunner, since he has such a limited monthly run, I would seriously question the need for LPG. The 37,000 price difference will be enough to pay for his fuel for almost 2 years!
But why the santro? It is a pretty dated, though reliable model, that seems to be on the last leg of its life.
How about other cars such as the base i10, the Dlite or Era (I am guessing a sub 4L price for this) that has more space, better build, better interiors and ride and handling?
Old 11th December 2008, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Go for the santro with AC and power steering, and not the one with the LPG, the saving on LPG are negligible, but power steering is very important, as Santro feels very heavy without one, especially if the tyres are upsized, if you can go for the i 10 then go with similar specs with i10.
Old 11th December 2008, 16:52   #4
BHPian

I own a WagonR Duo, with petrol becoming cheaper by some 6 rupees, and LPG price not reducing, there is no monetary benefit of owning a LPG run car especially since you will have to pay some 30K extra for a LPG car and the extra insurance premium and extra depreciation. Th only benefit is LPG emissions are cleaner.
So you decide between Eco and the normal one.
Old 11th December 2008, 18:56   #5
BHPian

going for the eco and shelling out 37k more depends totally on your running.. if it's less than 1500 kms per month, then don't go for it.. you might be benefit by buying the i10 Era model.. should cost around the same with 17+ mileage...

Most Viewed