Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 22:54   #76
BHPian

Wov, I became so popular in one day. Thanks for the negative marketing.
Old 21st December 2008, 22:57   #77
BHPian

whats the whole point in this thread!! there are better ways to waste server space

but yeah i had a nice laugh hehe
Old 21st December 2008, 23:01   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
whats the whole point in this thread!! there are better ways to waste server space

but yeah i had a nice laugh hehe
No thank you. Pleasure is mine.
Old 21st December 2008, 23:04   #79
BHPian

Whoohoo, this thread is only next to the dung thread!

Anyway, I have a small car and a mid-sized car - and each does its duty. I am not ashamed of any of the two. In all humbleness, I have been driving cars for 20 years now.

Last edited by Glass : 21st December 2008 at 23:07.
Old 21st December 2008, 23:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
This thread should be moved to best threads section! Period.
Or maybe we should start a new thread called "weird and wacky threads" and move it there.
Old 21st December 2008, 23:33   #81
BHPian

Whats a Cruise ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
And my present thread is focused on future cars and their ability to provide a cruise ride.
I ain't going to offend you but in your opinion, seriously, whats a cruise ride? I have a Junkindica and a GTX in my stable and both do not offer me a cruise ride. My understanding of a cruise ride is a wallowy feeling like when in a boat or a ship or to some extent in a Volvo bus. I would prefer the harsh/firm ride of my GTX and the pre V2 Indica's any day. Infact the firm ride of my Junkindica where the anti roll bar was added by the company free of cost after they sold the car to me is the only thing I like about the whole car.Adding the anti roll bar firmed up the ride which I like. Present day Indica's have a soft and wallowy ride which I detest when doing high speeds on the highway. The cruise ride type of feeling is totally against my grain of thought about what a car should feel like on the highway. In my humble opinion at high speeds I would want to have a muted feel of even sand particles( I did not mean 1 grain of sand) on the road as its only then when we can really enjoy the limits of our cars.

I repeat why would you want to have a cruise ride on our treacherous highways. To my understanding the cruise type of ride competely obliterates feel of the road which is very important when doing high speeds. Compared to the Stile 1.1 I prefer the harsh ride of my GTX. To each one his likes and dislikes will vary and priorities are made when buying a car. Some people go to great lengths to obliterate the cruise ride type of effect when they opt for lower profile tires on their rides. As a matter of fact the ride of my GTX was so hard that I opted for wrong upsizing to 185/65/R14 instead of the correct upsize of 185/60/R14. As I grew older my tastes mellowed as I did not intend driving above 110kmph on Kerala State Highways.

Once more whats your take on "CRUISE RIDE"? I honestly suggest that with speeds above 100kmph you forget about cruise ride and give more importance to feel of the road. If Schumy wanted he could have had a Cruise ride on his formula 1 ride but then he would nver have been the Champion he is today.
Old 22nd December 2008, 01:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I ain't going to offend you but in your opinion, seriously, whats a cruise ride? .
Same as what you did on the 30th of last month, Doc.
Old 22nd December 2008, 01:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
what would be your criteria?
Let me guess
Let me educate:

large turning circle-making you take 3 point turns on 4 lane roads
- Unbeatable ROAD PRESENCE
heavy steering-to make your arms as powerful as your powerful car?
- SAVES MONEY ON THE GYM, more than you would save on fuel with your puny little "not car"s.

low seating position and poor visibility - because ignorance is bliss?
what you cant see, obviously cant hurt you!
- Thats the price of Fame. Famous people dont like to be seen. Or to see the obvious.

Low mileage- Makes you feel you're driving a big thirsty, "powerful" car
- See, I'm really very rich even though I drive this small car.

I was so stupid! Why did I want a car that lets me have a sense of ease and comfort after a hard day at work? I should go for a "CAR" that is a real "CAR"
- Real men shun comfort and ease. Like Jayan in the old mallu movies. Oru car undayirunnengil.....
Old 22nd December 2008, 02:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Just now finished reading the whole thread. Thank you ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Whoohoo, this thread is only next to the dung thread!
This really made me laugh out LOUD at this time of the night.
Old 22nd December 2008, 02:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Well i have a santro which is not a car according to the thread starters theory and then on the other hand i have one of the best sedans in India (NHC) according to another bhpian.
Donno wether to laugh or cry at this.
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:29   #86
BANNED

Looks like he had a hangover and found a way to get rid of it asap!
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:32   #87
BHPian

this thread is precious! its almost like the guy is oblivious to other vehicles around. and in which perfect world do you live in my friend where in cars are going to get faster and traffic is going to reduce in our counrty. its a nice positive way of thinking about it. but that as far as it would go practically. anyways please do stay in your bubble. theres a big bad world out there crawling with santros/i10s and the likes. you shouldn't even see them9for your benefit ofcourse). btw these global cars that you talk about, i think hyundai does most of its exports for the i20 from Chennai, this being another "toy" which will be coming into the indian market soon. similarly your bias seems to be probably because of some "bad expereience" maybe? care to share buddy? do enlighten us.
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

I think this is right time to get back to the title of the thread

ritz, you may start putting in the +ve points of the car which will certainly help a potential buyer looking for small cars.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

I think this thread is started in the wrong time... we are too ignorant to understand the context of this thread. Just like great thinkers of all times were misunderstood when they made their sceintific theories ala Galileo, similarly I think Ritz is just ahead of our times and way way ahead in thinking. We need to be receptive and open to new ideas and learn from him and most of all Thank him for the service and enlightenment he has offered. Kudos dude, you are knowledge it truly next only to Mr.Tutu Dhawan
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:53   #90
tez
BHPian

ok so all those guys who can only afford alto etc (VSHBs) should not buy the car it till they can afford (palio, UVA, Getz) . This is anti TATA thinking. Ratan Tata thought of moving 2 wheeler riders to car and ritz is planning to move VSHB owners to 2 wheelers.

VSHB - Very Small Hatch Back or toy cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks