Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 16:10   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
urgent help to buy santro in kolkata

hello bhpians.
i've a few relatives in kolkata and they need to buy a santro PRONTO! They are buying a car for the first time so they have no clue about the negotiations involved. Interested in GL model, at 2.99 lacs... please please suggest the best deal that can be squeezed out and from which dealer too.
Old 30th December 2008, 17:27   #2
BHPian

Hi,

I am not aware of the dealers in Kolkatta, but I can give you some tips on buying a car for the first since I booked my first car a couple of weeks ago.

If the car built and model has already been decided, then there is no need of wasting time in going to other car manufacturers.

Once can visit atleast 3 Hyundai car showrooms. Say that you will book the car immediately if you are given a good deal. Most of the times the dealer will not decrease the Ex-Showroom Price, but they can offer free Insurance & Registeration though I doubt they will do it in Jan since these are mostly year end discount strategies.

In addition to that ask for other freebies like mud flaps, floor mats, body cover, security system, window filming, window etching, mobile charger, bumper mouldings etc. I got myself around 15 freebies with the car (maybe because a friend of mine also booked with me). Try to get as many freebies as possible. Do not pay for any of the accessories as far as possible.

The dealers also push extended warranty, under body anti rust coating & teflon coating, though in Team-bhp many people do not believe in the above mentioned coating, so I leave that completely to you. (provided you dont pay for it)

One should go to all the dealers and get their best price/deal. Once you do that, compare prices and go to the best dealer. Also do check the rating/feedback of the dealers on the internet (you can search on google) or ask some local Bhpian.

Happy Buying.
Old 30th December 2008, 19:30   #3
BHPian

am happy with my experiences with Mukesh Hyundai Kestopur.
i'll surely recommend the shop
Old 31st December 2008, 13:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

A colleague has a 2002 Black single owner 35K km-ish 1.0L LS ZipDrive. For immediate sale.

If your relatives are looking for a newer car, you could visit any of the Hyundai showrooms. I believe they all have used Santro's.

Having said that - if they are willing to shell out 3L, I would recommend getting a new Santro for a bit more.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:38   #5
BHPian

GLS price in Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
hello bhpians.
i've a few relatives in kolkata and they need to buy a santro PRONTO! They are buying a car for the first time so they have no clue about the negotiations involved. Interested in GL model, at 2.99 lacs... please please suggest the best deal that can be squeezed out and from which dealer too.
Spring hyundai in Kolkata has offerred my relatives a price of 3.55 lakhs for santro GLS model with mud flap, door mat, seat cover and remote locking free. Not sure about GL pricing though.
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:51   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

thanks for the replies guys.
My laptop went kaput an hour after i posted this topic, just checked out today but alas! my relatives were in a bit of a hurry and bought the GL model only, they got a discount of 13K, cant say if its inline with what could have been squeezed out of the dealers.
P.S. myself own a santro LS zipplus(2002) and an i10 era(2008). Absolutely in love with them.

MODS! PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD. THE PURPOSE HAS BEEN SOLVED. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks