Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2008, 16:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Booking a Swift Zxi - A couple of Queries EDIT: Now Booked

Hi all,
Ever since I've walked out of the B-school in March, I've been waiting to make my 1st car purchase. Going abroad is delayed because of the global meltdown and hence it is finally the time to buy the car. After waiting on and on for the Linea/Punto and the i20, I've finally decided on the Swift Zxi.
Reasons being
1: Its a fully loaded model and not so common on the loads.. and I like that.
2: It has all safety features, not that we use it on a day-to-day basis. But I'm a sucker for safety on Indian roads
3: I'm currently getting Rs 30,000 off on the OTR price in Chennai. I guess this has got to do with year-end targets and disposing off 2008 models. I dont want to wait for the 2009 model, nor do I care about the resale values some 5 years down the line. But it will be a 2009 model atleast on paper.

Choosing the color was never tough..
Me: Pearl white lete hai, looks very neat.
She: Nahi, I like Azure Grey.
Me: But I like white yaar..
She: Tu Azure Grey book kar raha hai ki nahi ?
<End of the argument>

None of the dealers have the Azure Grey Zxi in stock and say it will take atleast 30 days for delivery. I dont mind waiting. Finance has already been arranged through the loan against FD as mentioned..

Now the Qns are
1: Suppose I pay the booking amount tomorrow (Rs 5000) and pay the remaining say 1 week before delivery, what are the chances that the prices will remain the same ?
2: There is a someone-else's-booked-Zxi which the dealer wants to push it over to me, but I am really skeptical about the model. Should I give it a shot ?
3: The dealer says the 30k off is valid only for December, but I have put fundae about the 2008 model and he's atleast promised that the offer will stay. I am trying to get him write it down on the letterhead. Lets see if he does that. Anything that I need to take care here ?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!
Old 26th December 2008, 19:50   #2
BHPian

The prices were slashed a bit recently and I don't think that will happen again. If you are OK with a 2008 model and a 30K discount is offered too, then go ahead. It would be good if you can get the offer documented in their letter head.

The main thing you should take care is the vehicle. Make sure it is a fresh one, not used for TD or have not experienced any transit damage which dealers used to cover up. Stronlgy insist that you should inspect the vehicle before it is taken for regn. Dont let dealer to choose a vehicle, register it and then call you.
Old 26th December 2008, 21:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you wait for the 2009 one.
Its hardly 5 days man. No issues with it.
You will get a better resale and no matter you dont want it, you will understand the need for it in the future.
Old 26th December 2008, 22:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its a dry period for car makers and dealers,FH.It's gonna be the buyer's market from the beginning of 2009.So, don't be influenced by the dealer.
I'm sure you'll get the discount for a 2009 model Zxi too.
I have a reliable contact in Indus. Let me know if you need my help.
Old 28th December 2008, 00:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I've finally booked the Zxi. 5.4 OTR Chennai.

Abhinav,
The registration will be done in Jan. So on paper its a 2009 car.

Nitrous,
Thanks for the help, but I am in a slight hurry for the vehicle. There is an Azure Grey on transit for Kapico. So I've booked that. Should get to inspect it next week. Hopefully it'll be mine by next weekend
Old 28th December 2008, 00:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hey guys, I've finally booked the Zxi. 5.4 OTR Chennai.
Congratulation on your new ride.

Quote:
Abhinav,
The registration will be done in Jan. So on paper its a 2009 car.
It would still be a 2008 car registered in 2009 Jan. You will see it in your RC papers.

Quote:
Nitrous,
Thanks for the help, but I am in a slight hurry for the vehicle. There is an Azure Grey on transit for Kapico. So I've booked that. Should get to inspect it next week. Hopefully it'll be mine by next weekend
Please post some pics after the D day. All the best.
Old 28th December 2008, 11:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Right now the sales are not going good, so IMO, just to sell the car, the dealer is speaking that " 30K off is available till december only ".
You can still pressurize the dealer for discount after 31st december.

Regarding 2009/2008 model, IMO what you will get is a car that is manufactured in 2008 and you are registering in 2009.
Any freebies offered ?
Do post pictures of car.
Old 28th December 2008, 12:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Pay Rs.5K as booki amount and tell them you will pay the rest once the car arrives. If you pay the whole amount you would loose yourbaragaining power and they might not take full interest in getting the delivery done ASAP.

Tell them you are not buying if you are not getting the discount since anyways youa re getting a 2008 model. If you need a 2009 model you might have to wait atleast till Feb MArch for 2009 lot of cars to reach.

All the best.
Old 28th December 2008, 12:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am aware of the fact that the model is a 2008 manufactured. But I dont think the 2009 manufactured models are going to be out anytime soon. Given the performance of the Maruti assembly line coupled with the long waiting times for the Dzire. But I am happy with the booking.. apart from the cash discount, the dealer has offered the basic freebies and has promised discounts on some MGA stuff, which I found was terribly overpriced. Will check GP Road sometime soon.

As mentioned, I was in a hurry for the car, and dint want to wait any longer Rest assured have been dreaming for the Zxi since june, and now I am as excited as that kid in the topless bar

Gemi,
That's what I have actually done. The car is currently in transit and will reach Chennai sometime this week. I have paid 5k and taken the receipt and all. Also the dealer has a "commitment" form where he's mentioned the cash discount of 30611. But the photostat machine was not working, so I've taken a snap with my N82. Hehehe..

Anyways I'll be inspecting the car once it reaches the yard, and then decide whether to take that or not.

Last edited by Fountainheader : 28th December 2008 at 12:06.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice there, FH. Especially because of the safety features and the uniqueness-on-roads factor. While I can understand your giving in to her choice of colour, I guess your choice would have been better - looks great in that colour. But then...

Do bring her to one of our meets - would like to compare notes with a fellow ZXi-ian.

@nitrous, what kind of discounts are available for the M800-DX & Alto currently as per your Indus contact ?
Old 8th January 2009, 19:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Iand now I am as excited as that kid in the topless bar
That kid is supposed to be confused, not excited .... unless of course times have changed
Old 8th January 2009, 20:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Nice choice there, FH. Especially because of the safety features and the uniqueness-on-roads factor. While I can understand your giving in to her choice of colour, I guess your choice would have been better - looks great in that colour. But then...

Do bring her to one of our meets - would like to compare notes with a fellow ZXi-ian.

@nitrous, what kind of discounts are available for the M800-DX & Alto currently as per your Indus contact ?
SB,
Thank you. I am taking delivery of the vehicle tomo. I hope the dealer doesnt screw up anything now. I agree White rocks, maybe for the next car I'll have the final say.. but if wishes were horses..

But yes, I'll try to attend the next Chennai TBhp meet.

Eddy,
Forget the kid. Time to mod the car
Old 8th January 2009, 21:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

ALl the best. looking forward for some pics and a review.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on booking the new car...I liked the argument part ...

as usual result is as expected!!
Old 10th January 2009, 01:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Due to the fuel strike, the dealer was not able to source fuel for the vehicle on time, and in the process reached late at the RTO. I am not sure whether to believe him or not, but he says registration is not done today and will be completed only on Monday.

He asked me to take delivery of the car if I wanted without registration. But I refused. I plan to go tomo to check the car again. As nitrous told me, I hope they are not using the car for TD purposes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks