Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 18:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

i20 v/s Getz CRDi - Real tough choice.
One car's production is going to be stopped soon and the other car's production was stopped couple of days back due to some field failure.

Its better to wait for a month or so.
Old 19th February 2009, 23:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
One car's production is going to be stopped soon and the other car's production was stopped couple of days back due to some field failure.

i20??!!

More info please KP!

Elito
Old 20th February 2009, 13:10   #33
BHPian

Hey Kpzen which car's production was stopped due to field issues? i20 ? Throw more light on this please !!

It's more or less certain that the Getz CRDi would be discontinued once the i20 CRDi is introduced by the middle of this year. Though of course, the 1.4 CRDi would not be a scorcher like the 1.5 CRDi with 110 bhp. Even if they get the 1.4 CRDi with 90 bhp, the 1.5 CRDi with 110 bhp still beats it. The best thing would be to put the 1.5 CRDi into the i20 for India. That would be superb. Doubt Hyundai would do it though, since they don't sell the i20 with that 1.5 CRDi anywhere else in the world. It's only the 75 bhp / 90 bhp 1.4L CRDi or the 1.6L CRDi.

Kpzen - please reply soon !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 20th February 2009, 13:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
Well guys.. I got my i20, actually got it last week. But was too busy driving around and my net connection at home was acting cranky.. i.e. when I was at home. Anyways.. It is a Black Beauty. Pictures and reviews coming up shortly.
Hey Jas - waiting for your i20 pictures and review !! It's been a month since you got your car. Please post the snaps and review soon !! Can't wait to check them out.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 22nd February 2009, 01:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

KP,
Any more details on this ? My Bro-in-law is planning for an i20.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:

What field failure . You mean the i20? What happened to it?
Old 5th May 2009, 22:11   #37
SLK
Senior - BHPian

New reverse query!

Searching helps!

Was just going to start this topic afresh.

There's this other thread which started today, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iesel-run.html which hints at i20 diesel by the end of the year.

Basically, I need a new car, but in no hurry. And my plans have anyways been deferred due to the so called recession.

I need a good powerful hatchback, and Getz CRDi is the only one. And once i20 gets launched Getz CRDi is gone, [this is going to sound strange now] so is it worth to bag a Getz CRDi 1.5 before it goes?

What worries me is that, what if i20 again comes with 1.5L CRDi or a 1.6L option [i'll have to jump off a cliff then]?
[everything about the 1.4L coming to india is an intelligent guess at the best]

Plan B, Or do you see other powerful diesel hatchbacks in near future [8-9 months]?

Plan C, the expensive way, if I don't get Getz, and i20 disappoints again, I look at sedans! [i really don't want the boot though]. And since I can't afford to buy or park a Magnum, I get a Verna instead?

Any suggestions?
Old 1st June 2009, 14:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

i20 comes packed with a 1.2 engine to keep it under the tax bracket of vehicles under 1.2 litre engines!

thats the same with 1.2 Ritz, 1.2 Jazz, 1.2 GP, 1.2 Polo, 1.2 Fabia!

i would go for i20 over the older Getz. anyway diesel is for Tractors!
Old 9th June 2009, 07:47   #39
BHPian

I20 Magna or Getz CRDI?

My dad is wondering if should get a base petrol I20 or a Getz CRDI? He drives maybe 5000 km a year (he is 70+), mostly in the city (in Goa). Hence if he bought the Getz, it would definitely not be to save money. He was initially set on the I20, but I have told him that he should consider the Getz as well. The main criterion is its performance in city traffic at low speeds. Would one be able to climb a steep hill at slow speeds in 4th gear? Also how does interior space of these two cars compare?

I could of course go to a dealer and do a test drive - except that both he and I are currently in the US.

He currently has a 1998 Santro and has been quite happy with Hyundai's service and support.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:38   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, if you are going to be driving it enthusiastically once in a way, I would say the Getz CRDi. From my experience with the car, it has a lot of torque lower down as well. So, climbing hills in 4th gear shouldnt be much of a problem.

The interiors in the Getz is quite nice. But I have heard that the i20 is much better in that respect. No personal experience.

It is better if you make the decision once you're back in India and take a test drive of both.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

I think the better drivers car is the getz, but for your purpose, it would be better to go for the I20. It will be smooth to drive, also,the mad power of the getz may not be appreciated by your dad.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
My dad is wondering if should get a base petrol I20 or a Getz CRDI? He drives maybe 5000 km a year (he is 70+), mostly in the city (in Goa). Hence if he bought the Getz, it would definitely not be to save money. He was initially set on the I20, but I have told him that he should consider the Getz as well. The main criterion is its performance in city traffic at low speeds. Would one be able to climb a steep hill at slow speeds in 4th gear? Also how does interior space of these two cars compare?

I could of course go to a dealer and do a test drive - except that both he and I are currently in the US.

He currently has a 1998 Santro and has been quite happy with Hyundai's service and support.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
i have a different take on it.
if he has been driving a petrol and he is 70+, then i should say stick to petrol. we all know that at this age learning new things is not an easy job.
your father might still be able to adjust to different driving styles of diesel and petrol, but why put him through all this driving style adujstment.
by the way, if you dont mind, i would like to make a very ignorable suggestion.
buy him an i10 automatic.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:22   #43
BHPian

I agree with gagan.
If he is 70+, the i10 with the 1.2 kappa engine makes the most sense. If he so desires he could also get the auto transmission. If more space is needed for passengers and luggage, then maybe the i20, however I found it under-powered.

The Getz CRDi has too much power, and hair-trigger response, for a senior like him.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:28   #44
BHPian

According to reports on the forum, the i10 automatic has very bad fuel efficiency. some as low as 6 to 7 km per liter. i20 will be a good choice.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:35   #45
BHPian

I would suggest stick to petrol
Reason
The mileage covered is too low 5000 kms/ year
then i would suggest better i10 than i20
reason
smaller car, better response better power.
if your father wants to get a bigger car as he has been driving santro, then no harm in going in for i20, but weigh the pros and cons of that car.
rest i would suggest have a TD of both the cars and just to give you a better idea go in for TD of other cars such as ritz, spark Astar and all.
cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks