Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2009, 18:16   #1

xeta for 2 lakhs advice please

hi

i am looking for a used car with the budget of Rs.2.50 lakhs.
i got one offer for 2006 xeta for 2 lakhs which was done only 9000 kms
it has four power windows, autocop installed,new battery and single owner.
is it wise to go for xeta now?
please advice
Old 31st January 2009, 19:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

if you know a good tata service center, and can cope with the 10~12kmpl mileage, there shouldnt be any problem. a xeta is good vfm, and their bad resale values mean even better vfm
Old 5th February 2009, 12:08   #3
BHPian

Xeta a sure VFM car,

Bigger than any other car of its category, will provide big space for your family.

Though small niggling issues are common, it is worth going for it.

to improve FE, you can go for a good CNG kit also. (I think Company fitted CNG with warrenty is also available from TATA, check it out.)

the price you have quoted for a 2006 Car is higher than the Carwale price check.

It says 1.6-1.7 lacs (30-40K lower than what is offered)

So, check it in Carwale & Bargain hard.

Also make sure that car run only for 9000 in 3 yrs??? (i doubt)
Old 5th February 2009, 13:15   #4
BHPian

2006 xeta = max 1.5 or 1.6L
2.0L is too much for it why not add some more and buy a new one will cause you less headache afterwards
Old 5th February 2009, 13:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Also make sure that car run only for 9000 in 3 yrs??? (i doubt)
quite possible.
An uncle of my friend has done just 10K kms in his Maruti WaganR in 4 yrs.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:42   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

You could ask it for lesser than 2 lakhs, Xetas are good VFM. But why was the battery replaced on a 2 year-old car with 9000 kms on it?
Old 5th February 2009, 14:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You could ask it for lesser than 2 lakhs, Xetas are good VFM. But why was the battery replaced on a 2 year-old car with 9000 kms on it?

most likely that the car was just standing still for a long time. so less mileage and battery went kaput.

the owner might be quoting this price based on the low mileage he has done but for a 3 yrd old car, this is on higher side

if ur taking a car loan to buy this, i am sure with a few hundreds more as monthly EMI u can buy a new XETA ( used car loan interest is much higher than new car loan interest )
Old 5th February 2009, 15:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

A car not used for long is more dangerous than a car that is continuously used. In this case the seller would like to get rid of the car as soon as possible. So my suggestion would be to bargain hard by offering 1.6L to start with.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:12   #9
BANNED

I guess this is the 1.4L engined version?

Check the tyres - manufacturing date would be printed on the tyre walls. Cross check with the vehicle's owners manual. - maruti for example, shows tyre numbers and manufacturing dates on the owner's manual (just to make sure that the car is running the same tyres as when it was delivered). If they are different tyres than when at time of delivery, ask for an explanation. I do not think 9K Km on a 3 year old car is a problem. My own car is set to do far less than that in 3 years. ;-(

I do not like the fact that the battery has been replaced. Even if the vehicle was idle, the batteries need to be only re-charged; why replace? Looks like poor maintenance.

Bargain, bargain, bargain. Start at something like 1.4. Xetas have very few takers in the used car market. But I can tell that they rock.

FE is a matter fo driving style. Look for little better than 13 KMPL on highway. That is about same as what my WagonR delivers.

If you have contacts within a Tata Authorised service station, try to check the service history of the car.

Edit:- both Wag R and xeta would give better FE. Check elsewhere on this forum for actual FE figures from other xeta owners.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 5th February 2009 at 18:20.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:36   #10
BHPian

Xeta is a real VFM car. Go for it. But haggle and get it below 1.8. I dont think its worth 2 lacs.
Old 6th February 2009, 19:35   #11

thanks everyone for your valuable advice

It is 1.4 ltr version and i'm sure that it was done only 9000 kms as the owner was out of station for some time. I live in coimbatore - as per carwale, the value of the car is 1.98 L if in excellent condition. i think i may get it for 1.8 max
now i'm concern about limited usage of the vehicle - will it give any problem in the future.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:02   #12
BANNED

Limited usage so far is not likely to be a problem - since it is a petrol vehicle.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:52   #13

I have a question, though it is not connected with the resale value. I have a 2007 Indica Xeta GLX that has done 50,000 km. I need to leave it for service and during all these months, I have realised that getting service done at a TATA Authorised Service Centre just costs too much money. However, it is because the car has been only to a TATA ASC, the car is is excellent shape thought it has done 50,000 km. Hence I am not loking at a garage for the service.

Can any one of you recommend a good Local Service station that can help me get the service done and yet keep it in the good shape it has been?
Old 18th February 2009, 12:53   #14

I am sorry, forgot to mention, I am in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks