Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 20:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
HI Guys,

I am interested in buying a new car for my dad. He was driving Indica 2005 till now which was sold off today.

We are interested in buying Vista limited edition. My requirements are good fuel efficiency and really good after sales service with good quality control.

Tata's *** has not been that impressive but I can live with it as we did for last 4 years. I was about to book one today, but then a wild thought crossed my mind.

I called up Hyundai to find out if there are any Getz CRDI available with discounts. And yes there is one available with a good discount. The car is available for Rs 5.75 lacs. Hence I am in a dilema - Should I go for Indica Vista or Getz

My requirements remains the same. - Fuel efficiency of diesel (15kms is expected), *** and quality. Kindly suggest at the earliest.

Regards,
Kailash
hi kailash..for fuel efficiency i will suggest indica vista limited edition.its engine has been tuned to give efficiency above performance.build quality of vista is fabulous.plus the limited edition is totally mind blowing with the golden logo and the black roofs,alloys,fully loaded syatem.and after all this it is still cheaper than the getz crdi.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would say Indica Vista because Hyundai's diesel engine reliability is a little suspect. I have seen numerous thread about problems with the engine after 80-85k kms in the Accent CRDi. Hyundai isnt known for their diesel's, Fiat is!
The Vista has decent build quality, loads of space and equipment and the suspension is nicer too.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 11th February 2009 at 21:08.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:24   #18
Team-BHP Support

Without adding too much to the comparision I would say you should also consider whether your parents may need to travel with a lot of luggage etc. The boot space in Vista is much smaller when compared to the Getz.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Kailash,
I would suggest your to go for a TD and decide. As KP said Getz is best for highways but its not that easy to drive in city. Man its damm powerful.
I am driving it from almost 7 months and i am getting average of 12KMPL in bangalore (with 15" alloys and 205/50-15 tyres).
Ask your dad to take a TD of both the cars and decide.
All the best.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I would say Indica Vista because Hyundai's diesel engine reliability is a little suspect. I have seen numerous thread about problems with the engine after 80-85k kms in the Accent CRDi. Hyundai isnt known for their diesel's, Fiat is!
The Vista has decent build quality, loads of space and equipment and the suspension is nicer too.
Sir the problem is only with Accent CRDi. There is no problem with Elantra, Verna / Getz CRDi's. Even Optra has same engine which is tuned by Bosch if i am not mistaken.
Old 11th February 2009, 22:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Sir the problem is only with Accent CRDi. There is no problem with Elantra, Verna / Getz CRDi's. Even Optra has same engine which is tuned by Bosch if i am not mistaken.
I said suspect... i never said it will. Do we have a resonable mileage done Verna or Getz on the forum?

Optra having the same engine as Hyundai... and which is the Hyundai in question?
Old 11th February 2009, 22:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I said suspect... i never said it will. Do we have a resonable mileage done Verna or Getz on the forum?

Optra having the same engine as Hyundai... and which is the Hyundai in question?
I think its the elantra engine, the block of which is shared by 3 other cars. forgot their names.

but I dont think the accent/getz/elantra engines have anything in common

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th February 2009 at 22:48.
Old 11th February 2009, 22:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I think its the elantra engine, the block of which is shared by 3 other cars. forgot their names.
Tuscon and Sonata are the other 2 I guess.
Old 11th February 2009, 23:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KPzen, I think you are driving CRDI Getz and hence that mean you will know about the car better. So tell me how much fe do you get
FE would vary from 14-16 kmpl depending on where u are gonna drive.and also
Quote:
how is the performance of the car.
Kidding? It will make u sell the Baleno..
BTW i also own a Baleno.

Quote:
Hyundai isnt known for their diesel's, Fiat is!
Don't make such misleading statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Quote:
More than couple of Elantras(tadukuttan/prabhuav/cmuic) reaching 100k mark and i know a couple of owners who have done 250k kms and still counting.
Verna - Hellstar/ ram_hyundai have crossed 50k kms mark.
Getz - I'm at 18k. Another owner known to me has just crossed 40k mark.

Want more info lemme know. Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Tuscon and Sonata are the other 2 I guess.
Elantra/Tucson/Sonata/Magnum/Captiva - all share the same engine block from DETROIT DIESEL.

Last edited by kpzen : 11th February 2009 at 23:59.
Old 12th February 2009, 01:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Close friend's Verna has done 63k kms+, only thing that has needed attention till date is the clutch which is due to be changed in the next 5-10k kms.

And last night I was driving Tadukuttan's Elantra which has done almost 100k kms & was doing 190 kmph with four people on board & A/c on full blast.

Quote:
Yup, both Optra & Captiva.
Old 12th February 2009, 22:22   #26
BHPian

In addition to all the +ves and -ves of the cars already discussed,
Another thing to consider is both the swift and the getz are now quite old cars they have been around since 2004 and 2005 respectively and every other car on the road is a swift or a getz and its getting boring now.

Imagine how you will feel with an Ikon, accent or an esteem now. Thats exactly how you will feel 3 or 4 years down the line with the swift or getz.

Whereas the Vista is fresh and the Anniversary edition is a delight to have and it will remain unique and a prized possession for you for atleast the next 10 years, so my vote for the Vista

Last edited by revhappy : 12th February 2009 at 22:25.
Old 13th February 2009, 00:22   #27
BHPian

Indica Vista Anniversary or Getz CRDi

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

We had been through the TD for both the cars. First Impressions are as follows:-

Vista TD:- Car was smooth and the looks are very good as compared to other hatch cars. I know the looks are very subjective, but we were floored by the space inside. If you want a living room in your hatchback then Vista is the car you need. Fit and finish is far superior then the old indica that we had. Also the driving experience was good. The demo car had some rattles but that is understandable as different drivers with different driving style must have abused the car. Engine is really smooth and you don;t feel like you are driving a diesel.

Getz CRDi:- Did not get to drive the crdi as there are no demo cars for Getz CRDI. Also the car was not there on display and hence we got a chance to look only at the petrol GVS and had to just visulaize how CRDi would be like. The built quality was far more superior then Vista. But after looking at the interior space of Vista, we felt Getz was slightly cramped at the rear and would not be able to fit in 3 people from our family at the back side (XXL team). But the main put off for Getz was that we were unable to drive the car, without which I was sure dad would not like to finalize the deal.

Hence the final deal was struck today - Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet (not the anniversary edition as white colour is something my parents hate).

I would be visiting the stockyard tomorrow morning to finalize on the car and the colour that we would like to go with. The dealer has 4 colours in stock and hence I would go to their stockyard and decide on the colour that I need and also the chasis number/engine number would be provided to the dealer for registration. The four color available are Artic Silver, Gala Red, Marine Silver and Cavern Grey.

By the way:- The stock yard is in Kalyan and hence if any Team-bhpian if interested can meet me there to help decide on the colour and car. I would be at the stockyard in the morning at about 10:30 or 11:00 am.

Is there anything that I am missing and should ensure while checking the car. Kindly enlighten me.

Last edited by kailashnj : 13th February 2009 at 00:23.
Old 13th February 2009, 01:01   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the final deal was struck today - Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet
Congratulations, kailashnj, on an excellent choice made. Hope you and your parents enjoy the car for many thousands of trouble-free miles.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The built quality was far more superior then Vista.
Good choice... but I am a bit stumped here... far superior and you didnt even drive the Getz. While it 'may' be better, its not far superior.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, kailashkunj! The Indica Vista is really a beautiful car.

I think the Grey color suits the Vista very well. I saw one here in Kolkata and it did turn my head.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks