Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 20:20   #1
BHPian

Deals on Getz in Chennai

Hi everyone,

For those in Chennai looking for a car in the Getz segment, I have an update.

Got this info just today from the guy who attended to me last Sunday during the i20 test drive at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Guindy, Chennai.

The Getz 1.3 GLX (with standard ABS) now has a cash discount of a lovely 26k, bringing the on-road price down to a sweet 5.17L in Chennai !!

But no other freebies, except mudflaps and the mat kit. Still, I think at 5.17L, the Getz 1.3 GLX model is now a steal - especially compared to the i20 Magna 1.2 which doesn't even have ABS or powered mirrors. Plus, the Getz 1.3 GLX comes with 14 inch alloys and ABS as standard with 175/65/14 tyres. The i20 Magna neither has alloys nor ABS.

Also I noticed that the driver seat armrest provided in Getz 1.3 GLS & GLX is not available on the i20. This was a very nice feature and lovely to rest your left hand on while cruising on the highway.

Chennai folks looking for a Getz 1.3, please take note of the above price & discount and make the best of it. Not sure till when this offer is valid though. The sales guy, Kirubakaran said it would take a max of 10 days for delivery as now for Getz 1.3 there is no ready stock. Everything is "on order" basis only it seems.

In case any of you in Chennai wants to go in for the Getz, please do post back here, email me (vsg12777 at gmail dot com) or PM me so that I can pass on the contact details of Mr. Kirubakaran and even refer you to him. He was a nice guy and I'd like to refer some customers to him if possible.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 16th February 2009, 10:00   #2
BHPian

I saw an ad in TOI Getz prime at 3.99L. Looks like Hyundai is phasing out Getz petrol to Kickoff i20 keeping CRDI option as they did with Accent to push Verna sales
Old 16th February 2009, 20:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I saw an ad in TOI Getz prime at 3.99L. Looks like Hyundai is phasing out Getz petrol to Kickoff i20 keeping CRDI option as they did with Accent to push Verna sales
Hi Aka - was this ad in today's paper ? 3.99L for a Getz Prime seems really low. Maybe it was for the 1.1L version ? Please do check and post back. I have not seen today's Hindu paper so I shall check once I get back home.

Yeah they might phase out the 1.3L Getz. It makes sense to keep the Getz 1.1L version as it would be an affordable spacious car for families looking more for space and comfort (and to an extent fuel economy) rather than features and power.

But, Hyundai as we know is weird. For all we know they may phase out the Getz 1.1L and retain the 1.3L version !! However if they do this, they would be able to reduce the price of the 1.3L Getz, thereby enabling a price reduction on the i20, making the i20 also more affordable. This way, there would be some room to price the i20 1.4L and i20 1.4L CRDi diesel versions appropriately.

But the 26k discount now on the Getz here in Chennai is really good. 5.17L on road in Chennai for the Getz 1.3 GLX with ABS is a superb deal compared to the i20 Magna, which does not even have ABS. Plus the i20 Magna is at least 45-50k more. The i20 Magna does not have a rear wiper too. ORVMs are manual (not powered). Maybe the Multi Information Display on the dashboard and the warning lights for the 5 seat belts and the CD/MP3 music system are plus points on the i20 Magna. But otherwise, the Getz is reasonably well equipped for that price.

Let us hope for the best !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 17th February 2009, 12:43   #4
BHPian

It was there in TOI yesterday. Not a very big ad may be 4x4 inches. Yes it may be for 1.1L and showroom price. It had both Advaith and Trident dealer name so it may be published by Hyundai.

Most Viewed