Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just go ahead and book the vdi with ABS. Make sure that the showroom refunds the deposit. You will have ample time to evaluate the other options by the time your vdi is despatched.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Just go ahead and book the vdi with ABS. Make sure that the showroom refunds the deposit. You will have ample time to evaluate the other options by the time your vdi is despatched.
I too feel the Swift vdi would be the best option. Rattles, if any, can be damped. From what I've read and heard, the diesel Swift offers the best driveability, both for city and highway driving. But I'm not sure of the waiting period.
The i20 is also a great looking car, but a tad underpowered going by the thread on this forum.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:50   #18
BHPian

Ok so we finally go down to bw swift vdi and i20. Which car is more practical according to you if main concern is comfort , performance and mileage (well one wants it all :-) ) ? And when is the jazz or gp expected ?
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
Ok so we finally go down to bw swift vdi and i20. Which car is more practical according to you if main concern is comfort , performance and mileage (well one wants it all :-) ) ? And when is the jazz or gp expected ?
Comfort -i20 , performance - Swift (VDI) , i20 Crdi is yet to come, mileage - If its petrol i20 vs Swift VDI obviously Swift would be cheaper to run.

Jazz- Expected May /June 09
GP- As per Sidindica April end.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

i20 Asta is one loaded car. Packed to the Brim with accesories @ 6.00 Lacs OTR Delhi.

Vdi - has Mileage as its a diesel.

Decide what you want !!
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:45   #21
BHPian

Sacond hand Octavia hatchback should be good for you

Quote:
I need a good hatchback for mainly my city use. My budget is upto Rs.6.50L. A Diesel would be preferred but that is not a compulsion . some nice features like ABS and integrated stereo system would be welcomed.. my annual run is about 15000-20000 km. my main stress is on driving comfort and performance. based on my above requirements I short listed i20 asta, Swift Zxi and Swift Vdi(highly inclined towards Swift Vdi though but wish it had features like that of the Zxi ). I feel fabia is not a VFM car.

what do you people suggest?
Should I wait for the jazz or the grande punto ? till when are they expected to be launched ?
do tell your choice from the presently available cars also.
How come you do not have the Skoda Octavia Hatchback in your list. A good second hand 3year old car can be had for the money you mentioned and you will get good resale value since the depriciation has already been borne by the first owner. Just check the engine and gearbox and you should be good to go. I hear a rumour that with the economic downturn there are very low mileage cars to be had for a song from Bangalore techies. Knock on some banks for recovered vehicles.
Please don't pm me saying that Octavia is not a hatchback.
Skoda Octavia Hatchback Car Review Summary - What Car?

If its only new cars on your mind then wait for the launch of just two cars; the Punto and the i20crdi. Personally I suggest you wait for the outcome of this years budget and then decide on future course of action.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
i20 Asta is one loaded car. Packed to the Brim with accesories @ 6.00 Lacs OTR Delhi.
well its 6.15 L OTR in delhi. checked with 2 dealers.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
well its 6.15 L OTR in delhi. checked with 2 dealers.

Why we are not mentioning the Ford Ikon Diesel ... Its an awesome car ( to me ) .. Does it fit into your list .. Give a thought.
Old 24th February 2009, 01:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Why we are not mentioning the Ford Ikon Diesel ... Its an awesome car ( to me ) .. Does it fit into your list .. Give a thought.
it indeed is a nice car but what I am looking for is a small car.I already have a NHC and a verna. just want something to drive around and also because my dad likes smaller cars.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:36   #25
BHPian

IMO i20 should be the car to go for. It's got all the things you need and more. For your city driving need it should be adequate. Ask your Dad to TD and I'm sure he will fall in love with it. The looks IMO are to kill for and the stance is so sexy. I swear if my Dad agrees, that will be my next car.
Old 25th February 2009, 21:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

i20 is your car dude.
However if you dont mind somewhat lower FE but want absolute comfort than go for i10 Auto (Sportz/Asta version).
Old 25th February 2009, 21:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

As everyone said I20 is an excellent car. Its more spacious, more loaded, better looking and more advanced than the swift.

But again Fabia is a good car too. As many people here shout about expensive spares, just go to a Skoda dealer and get a spares pricelist. It should be expensive but if its above the roof, cancel the option right away.

Grande Punto should have the exact feel and touch just like the LInea. Consider them to be the successor of the Palio/Siena lineup.

Another good option which most people overlook is the Fusion. It Is one of the most spacious and well thought out cars in the Indian market and probably within your budget too. The diesel just felt more at home to me in this car than the fiesta. Do check it out.
Old 25th February 2009, 23:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Everyone has said very good about i20 and many issues like rattles etc. of Swift ! Swift is a model which runs on Indian roads for quite sometime, so we know about many issues that can crop up while covering more figures on the ODO. What about i20 ? Do we have anyone to talk about its bad ? Its hardly seen on road although officially launched couple of months back. Rattles, low mileage, other practical issues come to notice after a while. But comfort, safety, beauty all put together we dont have any other newbie on the block right now.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:50   #29

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I20 is a huge car in terms of space and comfort the seats are large and comfortable. The features loaded i20 has a nice information display unit with host of new controls and even the base model has an inbuilt Mp3 player with Aux input. The leg room in the rear is huge compared to the swift and the seat at the back are like loungers the boot is like that of a sedan. The car also has a very nice dash which feels great unlike the swift. The engine in the i20 is not that fast the motor top out very quickly and you always feel let down its like NFS in slow mode…….[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Fabia is a driver’s car smooth quite and low key not very exciting no attitude and little show off. I like the car but it is too expensive for a 5 door.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 26th February 2009, 13:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

if I20 is a huge car what will you call Fusion?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks