Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 13:06   #1

2008 vs 2009

Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting the Swift ZXi, and Bimal near here has stock of the Red colour which I want, but it's a 2008 model. The wait for 2009 is atleast 1 month.

From what I understand, there is no difference between 2008 and 2009. it's just the year on the chassis.
Question is, am I losing anything by buying this 2008 car now in Feb 2009? Shoudl I be getting a discount?

Another question: I've heard some people in the forum saying they prefer the drive on the VDi diesel engine rather thatn the ZXi petrol? Am a bit surprised by that. Is the drive really better?

Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 13:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

You should definitely expect a discount on 2008 production. Of course, whether you get that discount is a matter of demand and supply. Negotiate further and you will definitely get a better idea about this.

I cannot comment on the other point.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

I got 30k cash discount on my 2008 Swift ZXi. I bought it in Jan. So you can very well expect more than that. But not sure how it works in Bangalore.

The discount amount will negate all possible depreciation benefits. I'd rather have the milk now rather than waiting for the paneer later
Old 25th February 2009, 15:20   #4
BHPian

Definitely you must have a Hefty discount. (at least 30K over the all other discount applicable to 2009 model)

All swift are having good waiting period, so i doubt how a 2008 ZXI is left unsold with the dealer. Check for the condition.

Well Swift Diesel is a big success, only the super FE made it a big hit. Other wise Ride quality, poor built & the "Rattles" are now world famous facts.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrent2073 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting the Swift ZXi, and Bimal near here has stock of the Red colour which I want, but it's a 2008 model. The wait for 2009 is atleast 1 month.

From what I understand, there is no difference between 2008 and 2009. it's just the year on the chassis.
Question is, am I losing anything by buying this 2008 car now in Feb 2009? Shoudl I be getting a discount?

Another question: I've heard some people in the forum saying they prefer the drive on the VDi diesel engine rather thatn the ZXi petrol? Am a bit surprised by that. Is the drive really better?

Thanks
First of all, avoid Bimal motors. Please refer to these two threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...est-drive.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...driver-14.html

Both of them indicate Bimal is not the best Maruti Dealer.

Regarding discount, push for 30-35K discount as the car was manufactured in 2008.

And the diesel has excellent engine and is quite fun to drive along with good FE.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:51   #6

There seem to be many 2008 Swifts readily available for delivery in a day or 2 here in Bangalore!

Bimal has a red one and the silver-ash one.

I called Pratham, they have a black 1. Pratham said they're getting 2009 models any day now, and i should be able to get a red 1 in a couple of weeks.

I think it's the bad economy finally catching up

I'll probably go with Pratham and get the new 2009 model.

I just did a TD of ZXi from Bimal, but the clutch was screwed so could'nt test properly.

The driver from the dealership said the Deisel has better pickup when starting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks