Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2009, 16:41   #1

Booking 2009 Swift ZXi

Hi guys,

I'm planning to book a red Swift 2009 ZXi from Pratham at ORR in Bangalore.

Salesman says the 2009's have just been dispatched and should arrive in 2 weeks.

Total cost is Rs 6,10,707
breakdown:
ex showroom = 515,710
1 yr insurance= 14,855
road tax 4 life= 73,747
ext. warranty = 2,395
reg. etc = 4,000

i've to pay Rs. 50,000 as a booking fee.

a few things i'm wondering about:
1. i can't seem to get any discounts at all, called a few dealerships (not eligible for corporate discount).
2. why is insurance included? should'nt i be getting that somewhere else on my own?
3. do i have to pay road tax for life, can't i just pay for the year?

basically just looking for endorsement that all is fine so I can go ahead and book it asap!

thanks guys.

btw, Pratam ORR no longer has it's stock yard in the same location. it's moved to Sajapur proper.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:27   #2
BHPian

hi torrent
insurance generally has to be taken from the dealer itself atleast for the first year.later on you can shift to anyone else.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Not necessary. You can get insurance from anywhere when buying the car.
Old 1st March 2009, 15:02   #4
BHPian

torrent2073 you have to pay road tax all at once. cant pay it every year. m i right seniors?
Old 1st March 2009, 21:34   #5
BHPian

White Board Registration : You have to pay lifetime roadtax before registration.

Only vehicles being registered as "Yellow Board" can pay annual road tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrent2073 View Post
3. do i have to pay road tax for life, can't i just pay for the year?
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Insurance - Your Call - Upto to take it from wherever you want. If you do not like what Dealer is giving you, just call another Insurance chap of your choice to the showroom when you are picking up your car and he will do it for you. Dealer cannot intervene. I do this always.

Registeration - You cannot do a year. You have to pay lifetime. It's the rule across the country for Private Vehicles.

Discounts - You have to be joking right ? Discounts are full on nowadays. If he is not giving you any and that too on the Petrol Model, he is really fooling you. A friend picked up a Vxi Swift 3 weeks back for his Parents and got a discount of 30k !! This on a 2009 Model, not an old one. Diesel Swift's do not have any discount I think.

Please check with other dealers and other cities for discount.

If not then go for an i20 !!!
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:31   #7
BHPian

torrent i think there should be some discount check Bimal,RNS motors etc. Also check what discount they will give for 2008 model. They may be not giving it because you are asking 2009 model. Otherwise ask for some free accessories as for my SX4 same story was there then they offered me accessories worth 10K. Quote Pratham that such dealer is giving so much discount etc I think there is a scope of 25 to 30K discount
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:14   #8

booking

I asked both Bimal & Pratam, not getting any discounts :( Pratam is offering some deal on sun film i want, i think he'll give it at cost.

do i need to get something in writing from the dealer when paying booking amount, saying when it'll be delivered and color etc? the guy said car's been shipped and will reach in 2 weeks.

about insurance, i'm wondering if what they;re offering is decent. i have no previous insurance history, but have had license for last 15 yrs. is 15k reasonable for comprehensive insurance. also, does that cover theft?

thanks guys
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:20   #9
BHPian

check any insurance company may be Bajaj Allianz and get the quote. If you think there is big difference then go ahwad with them. Insurance company will take care of all the things in that case.
Regarding color etc would be there then they booking slip. Regarding delivery date may change depending upon the arrival. Take team bhp list and run through it before you take the car keys.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:45   #10
BHPian

I have picked up a Red ZXI last month i.e Feb 09.

There are no discounts on this version as such. What i was offered were MGA kit which comes with i guess all variants as free and corporate discount going for that month.

Insurance can be done on your own which i did aswell in my case, you just have to ensure the dealer is aware that you will get the insurance from your end and share the insurance docs with the dealer at the earliest or you should carry them when you go to collect your car.
Getting insurance from outside the dealership only benefits when you have some other insurance of an existing vehicle and you have not claimed any amount for repair or damages to your vehicle. So some discounts are offered by the insurance company (has to be the same as for other vehicle) against no claims.

In your case 15K is perfect for your catergory of vehicle.

Last edited by invincible7 : 2nd March 2009 at 13:47.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:06   #11
BHPian

Not sure of the breakup but im getting the ZXI for 5.30 with 12K as corporate discount. hence 542K total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrent2073 View Post
Hi guys,

Total cost is Rs 6,10,707
breakdown:
ex showroom = 515,710
1 yr insurance= 14,855
road tax 4 life= 73,747
ext. warranty = 2,395
reg. etc = 4,000

i've to pay Rs. 50,000 as a booking fee.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:31   #12
BHPian

discount

just test drove sx4 they said ill get 25000 cash discount and 15000 rs discount as i am a doctor and 3000rs worth gold coin. not sure about swift. but for monthly discounts usually discount details come on 5th to all dealers in maruti so just go and check it out on march 6th
Old 5th March 2009, 10:14   #13
BHPian

Zxi is a good choice with ABS/Airbags/ACC...

The road tax seems too high it should be ~45k and its not for life BUT for the first 15 years after which it has to go back to the RTO for FC (Fitness Certificate) ever 5 years.

Wait for 3rd wk of March, the dealers will pour in discounts to make up sales before FY end.
Old 5th March 2009, 13:47   #14

I just got a call from Pratam, saying they have just received 1 red swift zxi 2009 and i can take delivery in 2 days.

not sure what to make of that.

does anyone know how to check the year of manufacture for swift?
Old 5th March 2009, 19:01   #15
BHPian

For checking the year of manufacture on Swift, open the bonnet, on the left side just where one would stick the bonnet holder stem, there is a plastic cover. Open that cover and you can see the numerics which mention year and month of manufacture as something like B09 meaning February 09 at the end of the nos series. This is marked on the body of the car and not on the plastic cover.

Most Viewed