i10 Manga Manual 2 5.26%
i10 Asta 2008 Manual 2 5.26%
i20 Magna 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 12:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

aseem

Seeing your requirements the i10 auto fits your requirements perfectly. An automatic is a boon in todays traffic and the size of the i10 only makes things better. The i10 AT is the best city hatch available today. Dont fall for the crap talk the sales guy is giving you. There are lots of i10 automatics running around these days. Your wife will love driving it too.

About FE it all depends on your driving style. MY OHC gives me around 10.5 to 11 in city driving 100% AC. Without AC it had given me 13 kpl. Always drive with a light foot and dont rev too hard in each gear of the auto tranny. the i10 will surely give you 11 atleast if not more.

Go for the i10 Auto Magna. Its a great car. You wont regret it. Happy car shopping and let us know what you buy.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
@cvvikram do you get these FE figures with overdrive engaged?
No, overdrive will not be engaged.

As Dippy has also suggested, go ahead with this car as it best suits your demands and it is the perfect car to drive in the city traffic.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post

As Dippy has also suggested, go ahead with this car as it best suits your demands and it is the perfect car to drive in the city traffic.
My i-10 Kappa Sportz gives me a mileage of 13 Kmpl with 60-70%Ac in the city traffic of Bangalore. Its too good for city driving. As it is for your better half so its wise to get the AT one. It will be a wonderful experience on the road.

Dont bother about resale.. There are many takers who prefer AT these days .. So my vote is for i10 Magna AT .. Go get her .....
Old 1st March 2009, 17:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the responses guys. One more question, I like to drive fast, how much FE will I get with OD engaged and medium to heavy foot? Is 10 kmpl possible in this case?

We are also getting 10k exchange bonus in form of a gift cheque to be encashed 3 months later, is this a standard practice or should I ask for the money up front?

Last edited by aseem : 1st March 2009 at 17:06.
Old 1st March 2009, 18:01   #20
BHPian

Exchange bonus is given in the forma of a cheque, issued directly by company rather than the dealer.
Old 1st March 2009, 18:20   #21
BHPian

Hi Aseem,
if your reasons to buy a second car is for comfort of commutation, ease of driving in city traffic and a car which your wife can also drive with comfort/ease, then i10 magna auto it is for you. And since you and your wife already loved the AT TD, don't be in two minds. At the end of the day, the car in which you like to sit and feel good about, that should be your choice, dont let the salesman's pitch deter you!
About the resale part. Whats more important to you? Some years of easy peaceful driving in traffic or thinking about what it would fetch years later when you want to part with it? Also, the AT market is not that dormant in India anymore. You would get buyers, but yes not that readily. Who knows, by the time you are ready to let go of the i10 magna AT, the indian market might have a lot of AT enthusiasts!
Old 1st March 2009, 19:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
And why would you not engage the overdrive? The overdrive not engaged makes it a three-speed and will severely reduce FE.
The only time I've disengaged the overdrive on my wife's Santro AT (same transmission as the i10) is when I need it to go up a flyover really fast. I switch it back on, on the way down.

Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys. One more question, I like to drive fast, how much FE will I get with OD engaged and medium to heavy foot? Is 10 kmpl possible in this case?
Yes, I think so. I get a minimum 10kmpl from the Santro AT with the car being driven by me, my wife and the driver.
The best I get is 11.5 kmpl when I try some hypermiling techniques and switch to neutral at long stops. Mind you I have bigger tires - one size up (165/65 I think) - than the stock size.
IMHO you and your wife will love i10 auto - a small auto is a huge boon in our cities. In fact, going by my experience, I think you'll be driving it more often than she will.
Old 1st March 2009, 20:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I own an i10Kappa ( Manual Transmission) bought in Dec'08 and until now have done only about 1200 kms and sad part is i am getting a horrendous mileage.

First couple of tankful about 11km/L and after the first service, looks to me the mileage has gone down and it is <10kmpl since i am yet to complete my tank and it's nearing the E mark after doing 280 kms only

Not sure if it's due to being used sparingly or due to usage of short distances
Old 1st March 2009, 22:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading a thread on TBhp on how we can transfer the no claim bonus of your insurance of old car to the new car and save the insurance money up front. Can someone educate me on that? I need to negotiate the discounts now.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:15   #25
BHPian

10 kmpl on an average

Quote:
aseem, congrats on joining i10 auto family!! We have done 2200 kms in 3 months and the FE is 10 kmpl on an average. We live in a campus where we have to negotiate a speed braker for every 100/150 ft! So rarely cross 40 kmph. Also OD is always on and AC is on for 90% of the time. Occassionally, while driving in the city roads, tend to rev a bit but not so hard. It returned about 12 kmpl while we had a return trip to Agra before first service (driving above 100 kmph 60% of the distance). Might be better if I could have constrained it to <80 kmph. Nevertheless, it is an excellant small (big!) car. I admire the silent, trendy & spacious cabin. As you have experienced, the drivability and the handling is good for a new driver like me.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:33   #26
BHPian

If you want to really enjoy the city driving, the car has to be an AT.

No matter what people say about fun to drive MTs.

So, close your eyes and go for AT.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:35   #27
BHPian

Go for an automatic gearbox for 2 reasons:

1. Hassle free drive.
2. Its for the bitter (BETTER) half.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:35   #28
BHPian

i10 auto anytime.
even i am looking at something similar for my better half; just that i am being offered very less on my Palio, hence the plan has not materialised
Old 19th March 2009, 15:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
We are also getting 10k exchange bonus in form of a gift cheque to be encashed 3 months later, is this a standard practice or should I ask for the money up front?
We just booked Blushing Red i10 kappa auto for my dad. Delivery time is about 10 days. Right now they have special scheme in Ahmedabad. Insurance of about Rs. 14500/- is free and exchange bonus has been increased to Rs. 15000/-. This scheme is valid till 23rd. Hope this reply is not too late for you.

As per information given to me, to avail exchange bonus you have to submit copy of RTO Book of your old and new car to Hyundai. Bonus cheque is directly given by Hundai after receiving these papers. In Ahmedabad it takes about 2 months to receive RTO book of new car. So it will take about 3 months for me to receive this exchange bonus.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
We just booked Blushing Red i10 kappa auto for my dad. Delivery time is about 10 days. Right now they have special scheme in Ahmedabad. Insurance of about Rs. 14500/- is free and exchange bonus has been increased to Rs. 15000/-. This scheme is valid till 23rd. Hope this reply is not too late for you.

As per information given to me, to avail exchange bonus you have to submit copy of RTO Book of your old and new car to Hyundai. Bonus cheque is directly given by Hundai after receiving these papers. In Ahmedabad it takes about 2 months to receive RTO book of new car. So it will take about 3 months for me to receive this exchange bonus.

Means, you have to transfer your Santro car to another owner (another family member)?
2nd owner?

Last edited by loving_alaap : 19th March 2009 at 16:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks