Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 16:00   #46
BHPian

Since your Dad would be driving the car mostly go for i20. I see here people saying i20 is overpriced but I dont think so. There are so many add-ons in the car that it has to be more priced. Also at 80 bhp it is not under-powered infact, I feel its the i10 which is over-powered. Do you guys know the bhp of Ford Ikon or Maruti Esteem?

I took a TD of i20, it had a very decent pick-up but cannot be used in drags. It has huge space inside infact it looks as bog as the c segment cars. Boot space is good infact its the biggest in its class. The exterior looks are awesome and I think it would very well give FE of 13-14 kmpl.

i10 for its class has got nothing wrong and got everthing right, but its incorrect to compare 2 cars of diferent segments.
I would say if you want a peppy car with nice interiors and good looks go for i10.
If you want a spacious car with loads of equipments and good looks go for i20.

OK both look good!
Old 19th March 2009, 19:28   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

We have booked the i10 AT Asta (ABS & Airbags) with sunroof. Delivery on 30th March. Black Colour.
Alloys & tyre upgrade are more for my whims rather than necessity for dad's style of driving. I am putting 3M film all over, hopefully will cut a lot of the rays of the sun entering the car and thus reduce dashboard glare.
Planning to go for all black 14" alloys and 185/60 or 175/65 tyres. Will fit both and then decide.
Price on road after discounts is 5,93,800. I am taking my own insurance due to transfer of no claim etc. Otherwise add 14,000 more.
Free accessories are floor mats and mudflaps. Card type RC book and number plates inclusive. Free extended warrantee as well.
And i have kept a clause, for every branding of Jaybharat Hyundai sticker on the car, they will pay me 1000Rs. I'm serious, i have made Shaman Tata pay for it since it left a sticky residue and car needed to be repolished in that area and thus an hour of my time was wasted.

The only thing that irritates me is that for the very top of the line model of the i10, they do not offer electrically adjustable (& retractable) mirrors nor do they offer steering mounted audio controls. And these things unfortunately cannot be done aftermarket!!! Even a foot rest (dead pedal) is missing in the AT.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 19th March 2009 at 19:31.
Old 19th March 2009, 19:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tejas
Quote:
The only thing that irritates me is that for the very top of the line model of the i10, they do not offer electrically adjustable (& retractable) mirrors nor do they offer steering mounted audio controls.
err umm which other Hatch in that segment offer any of these?
Old 19th March 2009, 19:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
err umm which other Hatch in that segment offer any of these?
You got a point. But, they should! For a car with a MRP of 6.4lakhs which more then the price of the i20 asta, then why not? i20 has all these features.
Old 19th March 2009, 20:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
You got a point. But, they should! For a car with a MRP of 6.4lakhs which more then the price of the i20 asta, then why not? i20 has all these features.
Congrats!
And why didn't you go for i20 then?
Old 19th March 2009, 22:40   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats!
And why didn't you go for i20 then?
Because of dad's requirements:
- small car (he initially wanted reva)
- automatic (not there in i20)
- easy to back into a small parking slot at the back of my building without doing front back many times
Old 20th March 2009, 12:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The features like electrically adjustable (& retractable) mirrors & steering mounted audio controls are available only in 7L plus models be it i20 or Fabia.

Anyways you have got most of what you expected from the new car so should be fine I think
Old 20th March 2009, 12:53   #53
BHPian

Congrats !!

Congrats on booking the i10 Asta AT Tejas. It is a lovely car and quite loaded with features like even a sunroof. Yes - a few features like the dead pedal and the powered mirrors are missing (can't believe how these have been left out - even the Santro has a dead pedal). The European version of the i10 has the powered mirrors and even comes with 14 inch alloys. Unfortunately these are not offered on the Indian version.

The powered mirrors I feel are not really required for a car this small, since it is not so wide and quite easy to adjust from inside (stretch across and adjust the knob for the left side mirror). This is what we do in our Santro XO Limited Edition. Also, we do not change the mirror adjustment that often since my dad and I use the car.

Overall however the i10 Asta automatic is the best automatic small car in India and built very well too. It is such a boon to drive this car in bumper to bumper traffic. I am sure your dad would love it.

Congrats once again, all the best, and please do update the thread with lots of pictures, your delivery experience etc !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 20th March 2009, 13:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The powered mirrors I feel are not really required for a car this small, since it is not so wide and quite easy to adjust from inside (stretch across and adjust the knob for the left side mirror).
I dont agree, by this logic even power windows should not be provided in small cars as you can stretch your arm & open & close the windows. Same for central locking as a tall guy can actually close all the doors from drivers seat (I can do this in my Alto). The list goes on

Btw Wagon R & Zen Estillo come with electrically adjustable RVMs
Old 20th March 2009, 13:25   #55
BHPian

Even i have gone ahead today and booked a Crystal White i10 AT but the base version i.e. the i10 Magna, negotiated to 4.57L on road all incl. Free accessories provided: Autocop, Mudflaps, Rubber Mats, Anti-Rust treatment & Teflon (i may cancel it & take something else). Paid 50k's booking amount & delivery promised in 15 days, billing in March for depreciation. More later on a new thread once i get the car.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
We have booked the i10 AT Asta (ABS & Airbags) with sunroof. Delivery on 30th March. Black Colour.
Alloys & tyre upgrade are more for my whims rather than necessity for dad's style of driving. I am putting 3M film all over, hopefully will cut a lot of the rays of the sun entering the car and thus reduce dashboard glare.
Planning to go for all black 14" alloys and 185/60 or 175/65 tyres. Will fit both and then decide.
Price on road after discounts is 5,93,800. I am taking my own insurance due to transfer of no claim etc. Otherwise add 14,000 more.
Free accessories are floor mats and mudflaps. Card type RC book and number plates inclusive. Free extended warrantee as well.
And i have kept a clause, for every branding of Jaybharat Hyundai sticker on the car, they will pay me 1000Rs. I'm serious, i have made Shaman Tata pay for it since it left a sticky residue and car needed to be repolished in that area and thus an hour of my time was wasted.

The only thing that irritates me is that for the very top of the line model of the i10, they do not offer electrically adjustable (& retractable) mirrors nor do they offer steering mounted audio controls. And these things unfortunately cannot be done aftermarket!!! Even a foot rest (dead pedal) is missing in the AT.
Interesting choice! Why did you go for Asta with SR? Was Sunroof required for your dad? I think there are other AT options in i10 like Sportz and even Magna. In the highlighted part above you mentioned about sunlight entering cabin, doesnt this sun roof defeats the purpose? And then to top it all you opted for a black colour.

Its always possible to get a custom footrest in your case, since you dont have clutch.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

I think you miss out on much valuable safety features (ABS, Airbags) on versions other than Asta for i10. Its a shame as I think at least ABS should be very much a standard feature now on all cars. Too bad its there only on high end versions of most cars in India.

BTW Congrats Tejas. i10 Auto is a very good choice for daily use car (more so for parents as they would enjoy the convenience of the automatic). How I wish Hyundai had an i20 Automatic...
Old 20th March 2009, 16:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

congrats mate on your new buy, surely your dad is going to enjoy auto tranny on this i10,looking to hear more updates with pictures.CHEERS!!
Old 20th March 2009, 16:12   #59
BHPian

looks like the i10 is picking up on sales. Off late i get to see many i10's on the road.
Old 20th March 2009, 20:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
looks like the i10 is picking up on sales. Off late i get to see many i10's on the road.
Dont know about other parts of India but here in Delhi/Noida i10 is extremely successful!!! You can see more i10s on roads than Santros these days!

I also see lot of Fabias around over here in Noida!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks