Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 10:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
Michelin Tyres (for exchange of existing ones) - 17.5k
I can't believe this. 17.5K after giving your brand new tyres ? What extra special Michelins is he giving ?
Old 18th March 2009, 10:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I can't believe this. 17.5K after giving your brand new tyres ? What extra special Michelins is he giving ?
even for alloys he was quoted 24k for 5 14inchers,thats why i suggested him to check prices in local market.

@cherishk i forget to ask you that what are incidental charges are for .
Old 18th March 2009, 11:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Haha. You think people wouldn't have thought that already ? I did see a couple of "ZXi" Swifts on road, but without the rear wiper

Oh ok . I didn't know that Swift Vxi didn't have rear wiper.
My 2002 Zen VXi has rear wiper but doesnt have rear power windows, so I used to think rear wipers arent that big a deal, but then in 2002 my Zen Vxi cost me 4.65 Lacs. I think we are spoilt for choices now. Another thing I found that its only hatchbacks that have rear wipers and even top end sedans dont have rear wipers, thats another reason why I thought they werent really a big deal.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
@cherishk i forget to ask you that what are incidental charges are for .
I have no idea man! I am new to this side of the world. Thats why I wanted opinion on prices... I will be checking with them again this weekend... so will use all the knowledge gained....

And slowly but steadily i see ads by maruti dealers putting up discounts from 10-20k (10k by Garuda and 20k by pratham motors in Bangalore). I am guessing the discounts will increase with time as more new car launches are due
Old 18th March 2009, 20:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Another thing I found that its only hatchbacks that have rear wipers and even top end sedans dont have rear wipers, thats another reason why I thought they werent really a big deal.
revhappy,
Rear wipers are supposed to be there for a logic. Compared to the hatchbacks, the sedans have the rear glass in angles less than or equal to 45 degrees. So there is not much chance of water staying there. While in hatchbacks, the glass is at times close to 90 degrees.
Old 18th March 2009, 20:48   #36
BHPian

Go for the ZXi, you would love it. Since you are not going to use the car much interms of kms covered in a month, petrol wont be hitting much on your pocket.

The features offered in ZXi are way ahead for the hatch segment + the refinement i felt was better than a VXI.

I too first was planning to get a VXi + Abs but changed my mind and went for ZXi instead and i love my decision.

The prices quoted for the car are i think quiet good.

For accesorries some of them are way too high.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:30   #37
BHPian

invincible7...I too am inclined for the Zxi. But wait period is a bit insane and also am guessing automobile industry is heading for price war in mid 0f jun/ jul after all the new car launches. So am not hurrying my decision. Heard from my friends that Ford Fiesta S may launch a new discount scheme of approx 80k which will make the car around 7.4-7.6 OTR. Auto scene is getting interesting day by day... am waiting and watching closely
Old 19th March 2009, 12:07   #38
BHPian

I would suggest stick to Swift Zxi than Vxi spending so much. It has all the features what you are looking for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks