Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Swift VXi - Is the price quoted reasonable?

This will be my first car and also first post on Team-BHP. I have been reading quite a bit here and I should say I have fair idea of cars now. So not much idea on accessories needed and their prices. Following is the price quoted by Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta Road.

Swift Vxi (without ABS)

Ex Showroom Price - 435659
Road Tax - 57507
Insurance - 12708
Incidental Charges - 4000
3rd year extended warranty - 2395

On Road Price - 512269

Accessories requested/ told by dealer:
Sony DVD player 1505 - 14k
JBL front speakers 6" - 3k
Sony Rear Speakers oval 300W - 3k
Some wood support for back speakers - 1.5k
Remote lock - 5.5k
Teflon coating - 4k
Alloy wheels - I think the brand is A league - 24k (for set of 5)
Fancy nuts - 2.6k
Michelin Tyres (for exchange of existing ones) - 17.5k
Seat cover by G Sport Europa - 9.5k
sunfilm 3M - 3.5k
Anti rust coating - 3k

Accessories cost - 91.5k
He said he will give a discount of 7% which will be around 7k
Broader questions:

1) With total costs coming close to 6.1L does it make sense to go for Swift or should I consider i20?
2) Compared to Swift Zxi - Automatic climate control, adjustable seats, ABS, airbags are missing. My travel will be mostly pertaining to city, how important are these?

Questions on accesories -
1) Does all the accessories make sense? Can I be better off with some?
Did he miss anything important?
2) I am particular about music system and alloy wheels. Are these better or other combo's can be preferred.

The post is primarily intented to understand the prices of accessories and the combinations to be used (like for music system and alloys). I have not decided on Swift VXi. Upon receiving answers from guru's i will use it for my hunt whether it be swift or i20 or fiat palio.

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 15th March 2009, 17:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

if its a money aspect i would say pay that extra (compared to 90K on accessories) and get a Zxi instead. Airbags and ABS would be the top priority items as far as a car is concerned.
Old 15th March 2009, 17:50   #3
BHPian

The prices mentioned by the dealer for the accesories are obviously too steep. You can get them done outside as per your convenience. Also, Sony products are not recommended here at TBHP.
IMO you should go for ZXi instead which has added safety features, wider tires and alloys as well.
Old 15th March 2009, 18:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Take the ZXi anyday. You get a wholesome well integrated package and ultimate safety as well.
Old 15th March 2009, 23:19   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the replies.

Now I am inclined for the Zxi. But I want to upgrade the music system and things which aren't available on it (honestly I dont know what else it needs to be fully loaded). Any Zxi owner who loaded their cars?

Can somebody tell me which of the mentioned are necessary and price which is decent to be paid for that (may be the worst amount a newbie can pay)?
Old 15th March 2009, 23:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Take the ZXi anyday. You get a wholesome well integrated package and ultimate safety as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
The prices mentioned by the dealer for the accesories are obviously too steep. You can get them done outside as per your convenience. Also, Sony products are not recommended here at TBHP.
IMO you should go for ZXi instead which has added safety features, wider tires and alloys as well.
Will the warranty still remain if I go for outside products? And also heard that Zxi comes with Nippon music system and Dealers wont exchange it... how far is this true?
Old 16th March 2009, 02:00   #7
BHPian

The ZXi comes with integrated audio which is linked to the steering remote. Before you swap the music system, please confirm that the steering controls will work on the new system. I doubt they will...
Old 16th March 2009, 09:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post

my answer in bold

Accessories requested/ told by dealer:
Sony DVD player 1505 - 14k
there are many other brand avaleble in market and price from dealer are always the mrp
JBL front speakers 6" - 3k
go for component's in the front's check local market
Sony Rear Speakers oval 300W - 3k
not required if you drive
Some wood support for back speakers - 1.5k
wooden trey for speaker pretty expensive
Remote lock - 5.5k
a must this is the only thing one should buy from the dealer
Teflon coating - 4k
not required (personal opinion)
Alloy wheels - I think the brand is A league - 24k (for set of 5)
go for set of 4 and what size alloys
Fancy nuts - 2.6k
not required as they won't make any difference
Michelin Tyres (for exchange of existing ones) - 17.5k
what size per tyre and size
Seat cover by G Sport Europa - 9.5k
price looks ok to me the entry level covers from g-sports cost 6/6.5k
sunfilm 3M - 3.5k
this is ok but check price in local market
Anti rust coating - 3k
not required price should be 12oo/- or 1500/=

Accessories cost - 91.5k
He said he will give a discount of 7% which will be around 7k
Broader questions:

1) With total costs coming close to 6.1L does it make sense to go for Swift or should I consider i20?
2) Compared to Swift Zxi - Automatic climate control, adjustable seats, ABS, airbags are missing. My travel will be mostly pertaining to city, how important are these?

Questions on accesories -
1) Does all the accessories make sense? Can I be better off with some?
Did he miss anything important?
2) I am particular about music system and alloy wheels. Are these better or other combo's can be preferred.

The post is primarily intented to understand the prices of accessories and the combinations to be used (like for music system and alloys). I have not decided on Swift VXi. Upon receiving answers from guru's i will use it for my hunt whether it be swift or i20 or fiat palio.

Thanks in advance for the help
its a personal preference when i bought mine i didnt want the oe alloys,music sytem,adjustable seats and spending 1l extra for just the climate control and abs was too much so i decided to go for vxi .
Old 16th March 2009, 10:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
its a personal preference when i bought mine i didnt want the oe alloys,music sytem,adjustable seats and spending 1l extra for just the climate control and abs was too much so i decided to go for vxi .
The tyres I think are 185/60 R14 (if my memory is correct)

I wanted to know which music system would be better (if sony is bad?). Is it Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL? Heard JBL is costly.. can anybody give me an approximate estimation for JBL music system...

And also with the amount I am putting, can I look for some other hatch?
Old 16th March 2009, 10:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
The ZXi comes with integrated audio which is linked to the steering remote. Before you swap the music system, please confirm that the steering controls will work on the new system. I doubt they will...
Did somebody here in the forum changed the inbuilt Nippon music system on Swift Zxi?
Old 16th March 2009, 12:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tyres I think are 185/60 R14 (if my memory is correct)

I wanted to know which music system would be better (if sony is bad?). Is it Pioneer, Kenwood, JBL? Heard JBL is costly.. can anybody give me an approximate estimation for JBL music system...

And also with the amount I am putting, can I look for some other hatch?
14 inch alloys will not cost you more then 15k for set of 4,you are coated 24k for the same and for tyre i think again he is taking you for a ride.

buddy first finalize a car that you want,i think you are still in a dilemma to but this or not
Old 16th March 2009, 12:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
14 inch alloys will not cost you more then 15k for set of 4,you are coated 24k for the same and for tyre i think again he is taking you for a ride.

buddy first finalize a car that you want,i think you are still in a dilemma to but this or not
With the way its shaping (reading T-BHP posts) I think you're right...I haven't finalized the car yet. But on priority list its Swift ZXi. Will check the i20. Not sure about FIAT palio though... any idea.. how it scores over these two?
Old 16th March 2009, 12:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the way its shaping (reading T-BHP posts) I think you're right...I haven't finalized the car yet. But on priority list its Swift ZXi. Will check the i20. Not sure about FIAT palio though... any idea.. how it scores over these two?
as you know i drive swift vxi and i love it as all the owners love there rides

comparing the three swift,i20,palio

yet to test drive a i20 but swift v/s palio:-swift anyday but one thing that both cars share is the ingine .

test drive all the car and then decide=fabia,getz,swift,palio,i10,i20,
Old 16th March 2009, 13:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

If safety is important for you then go for Swift ZXI. It has everything you need for a daily ride. Upgrade the speakers and if possible put an amp and belive me you will be satisfied.
i20 is also a nice car but it will be expensive compared to ZXI. Take a TD of i20 and decide.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:40   #15
BHPian

I will TD ZXi and i20 to decide on the vehicle. May need help after I decide the vehicle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks