Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 22:59   #61
BHPian

a-star monthly sales figure are down to 2k from the initial hype followed 6k.
i10's have been around 10-12k range this entire year.

Should I infer something from this or just put it off as vagaries of the market.

also a dealer offered me 35k discount off i10 today , tho only on the phone, so i dont know what all he's charging otherwise, and free accessories worth 50k.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Should I infer something from this or just put it off as vagaries of the market.
From this you can infer that in the Indian market,
a) Rear space is very important
b)Cheeky looks are not appreciated
c)Price should be related to size.
Old 12th December 2009, 18:28   #63
BHPian

just came from a TD of i10 (just 2 month old test car though).
+ pickup was decent with ac on full and 4 people in the car.
+ gear shifts were smooth
+ sitting position and view around was quite decent
+ leg room in the back with my seat adjustment (5'11") to front seat was ok-ish. Someone till 5'7"-8" should be quite comfortable even on long journeys.

- foldable rear seat is only partially foldable, doesnt flatten out completely. But I wont hold it against the car since i dont need it completely flat, partial folded will give enough space for me.
- not the biggest fan of the gear-box being in the front instead of being down. Depends on person-to-person I suppose.

I think this is a good enough car for me then, meets all my primary requirements. Will check out a maruti showroom just in case too.

Just looking for a good deal on it then. Any suggestions for that in Mumbai/ navi mumbai? Want to close this down fast before I change my mind/someone does it for me
Old 13th December 2009, 03:12   #64
BHPian

could anyone advice me on the process of booking a car?

- how much is the booking amount, and what all documents to collect on booking for proof of purchase apart from challans, etc ,etc?

- if i goto a regular car dealer , not one of the 6 authorized ones in the city, how big a risk is it, if at all, and what process should I follow while booking there.
Old 15th December 2009, 00:33   #65
BHPian

almost ready to book a car in Mumbai.
Dealer offering total cash discount 32k off OTR + 4k corp + only basic accessories - mats,flaps, anti-rust. No other accessories though.

Most Viewed