Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 15:32   #16
BHPian

Why is the Logan being overlooked ?
Old 17th April 2009, 15:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Swift as a car is very good and it's engine is a gem.
I know that for 6 lakhs I would be buying the 'Gem of an Engine' - Majorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
If you considering Swift why not the Dzire Diesel it has all that Swift has plus a boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Why is the Logan being overlooked ?
The Logan D is a good torqy vehicle.

But once we add a boot to this thread, the choices go far and wide and we would be blogging to infinity.

Last edited by btirthankar : 17th April 2009 at 15:46.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

I object my lord!

Quote:
Forget comfort, the swift will never be able to offer the same reliability which is more important for long highway journeys.
Excuse me you might want to rephrase this! If certain trucks are called reliable i as an owner of Vdi take serious offense to the above!

No seriously, apart from few plastic clips that will come out (esp in the initial period), door pad rattling, and a few thuds from suspension at slow speeds but heavy craters. I haven't faced any reliability issues on very torturous long drives.

I do a dip stick check of engine bay fluids, fill diesel/air and drive off. That reminds me let me get her tanked up for tomorrow
Old 17th April 2009, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
195/60/14 perfect handling for Vdi
195/65/14 compromise between handling and comfort
195/70/14 great comfort and ride height
Any idea on the costs of Rims and Tread?
__________________________________________________ _______
Pardon for the OT: But this Thread looks like some "All India TBHP Online Meet", but most of my threads get into controversy.
Old 17th April 2009, 16:09   #20
BHPian

I understand your dilemma, my friend. The VDi is an addictive piece of machinery. You want one after you have driven one. I too was faced by the same dilemma, albeit on a different level. I wanted to move from my Palio to the VDi, BUT i will be holding to the Palio for now.

As for you, i do agree that the cost of running goes down a lot with the Swift, but think about the depreciation and value that will be lost while selling the Innova. Also the Toyota engines are known to last for long, so you don' t have any issues there. Add to that, that you undertake a lot of long trips. I think the Innova is suited for you.

But again, its a fight between the head and the heart. Back to you...
Old 17th April 2009, 16:09   #21
BHPian

I feel that you wont get the road presence, comfort in terms legroom and ride quality in Indian roads with Innova and not in Swift..
Old 17th April 2009, 16:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dude what on sweet earth has happened to you. I think you would be the 1st chap out here who has considered this kinda climb down.

Just one drive and you decide to move over to a smaller and rattling swift. IMO the Innova is leap years ahead in terms of refinement and driving comfort in comparo to a swift.

PS : No offense to any swift owners.

Keep the Innova for now and when you afford to pick up a 2nd car buy the VDI.
Old 17th April 2009, 16:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Only a few BHpians know that I was on the verge of booking a Ldi last year September. Now after traveling in the vehicle, all but the AC Issue remains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Just one drive and you decide to move over to a smaller and rattling swift.
From his post, seems he was in this opinion for a long period, almost 6-7 months after owning Innova. May be he joined the GQ for a Loooong test drive

I still feel, you should hold on that Japanese gem. Oops, the Japanese engine...

Last edited by mjothi : 17th April 2009 at 16:29.
Old 17th April 2009, 16:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
The Logan D is a good torqy vehicle.

But once we add a boot to this thread, the choices go far and wide and we would be blogging to infinity.

Agreed, but can the other lineups compete in the paisa wasool category that you're after ? I'm sure the shortlist would remain the Fiesta/Logan/Desire .

Considering that 6 lacs is being spent, i think some effort for the best choice can be put Tirthankar bhai. You need all round clear vision for the snaps! swift has obtrtusive A-pillars, lol . Oh and we all know even the logan can be pete'd .

I'm only messing swift owners :-)

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 17th April 2009 at 16:37.
Old 17th April 2009, 16:35   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Excuse me you might want to rephrase this! If certain trucks are called reliable i as an owner of Vdi take serious offense to the above!
Jaggu, I meant same reliability as the Innova. Other trucks I am not even comparing.

I'm saying that overall it is reliable but it is nowhere close to fill it shut it reliable like the Innova. My uncle's innova has done 20,000kms and last week I reminded him that he had not serviced it for over a year.

The car was serviced and returned in half a day since no problems were reported. That's the type of reliability. This is in kolkata which has horrible traffic and the roads are not great either. The Innova has got hit every corner including both left side doors. Still no rattle and no issues at all.
Old 17th April 2009, 16:41   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Knowing the inside story for why you want to go for a Swift D, i would recommend you to go for it. but, do consider that even after selling your Innova, you may not land up with a lot of liquidity and whatever you get it will again be spent on various accessories that we tbhp folks will encourage you to purchase like ICE, tyres, alloys, pete box, filter..etc..etc

But, the fact remains the Innova is a lot safer on highways than a Swift. So if you have decided to go for it purely for FE and dont plan to lug around a lot of luggage, then go for it.

I recommend a white color over silver for the Swift. Cheers and Goodluck !!!
Old 17th April 2009, 16:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
liquidity and whatever you get it will again be spent on various accessories

But, the fact remains the Innova is a lot safer on highways than a Swift.

I recommend a white color over silver for the Swift. Cheers and Goodluck !!!
Again, its not about liquidity and I am not spending a rupee more that the alloys and ICE. (I did not get good results from the K&N Filter change for the Innova and have rolled back to stock)

Yes the innova is more crash-prooof, but you and many others know how I drive (for me not to worry about how good or bad the swift is in comparison)

Yeah, Ur color recommendation matches mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
the other lineups compete in the paisa wasool category that you're after ? I'm sure the shortlist would remain the Fiesta/Logan/Desire .

You need all round clear vision for the snaps! swift has obtrusive A-pillars,
I have tested all Fiesta/Logan/Desire/Verna. Its not about saving money for more miles, its about more miles per mile.

And You got a Point here: The "Cab Forward" Design Dashboard ensured that I take interesting snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dude what on sweet earth has happened to you. I think you would be the 1st chap out here who has considered this kinda climb down.

Just one drive and you decide to move over to a smaller and rattling swift. IMO the Innova is leap years ahead in terms of refinement and driving comfort in comparo to a swift.

PS : No offense to any swift owners.

Keep the Innova for now and when you afford to pick up a 2nd car buy the VDI.
I dont have enough parking space and use for a second car.

Its not a climb down. .

I made it clear in the Thread Title that its Downshifting. (and now downgrading)

Please dont hurt the Swift owners by saying it rattles etc. Whatever good and bad I have sensed in the Swift so far, I feel is OK, for each dime that it is worth of (except AC till now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
I feel that you wont get the road presence, comfort in terms legroom and ride quality in Indian roads with Innova and not in Swift..
Agreed. But they tried to make the Driver's seat as comfy as possible.
And the Swift's Driver seat (for Long Journey) is not as bad as the M800 or Santro, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
I understand your dilemma, my friend. The VDi is an addictive piece of machinery.

But again, its a fight between the head and the heart. Back to you...
A-ha! Thats the Point.
No wonder, this thread.

Last edited by btirthankar : 17th April 2009 at 17:02.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
it is nowhere close to fill it shut it reliable like the Innova. My uncle's innova has done 20,000kms and last week I reminded him that he had not serviced it for over a year.

The car was serviced and returned in half a day since no problems were reported. That's the type of reliability.
I swear, I Swear, I Swear.

And that Innova Operates in Kolkata.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Duh... most pointless thread ever. Keep the innova and if you want FE, change your driving style not the car.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have driven both the swift and innova on highways and the innova is a lot less tiring not only for the driver but also the passengers. Even in the city you would have got used to the innova's size by now.
If you want more power (for the zip zap overtaking ) get a pete's box
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks