Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 17:32   #31
BHPian

Maybe its the sporty manevouring

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I test-drove a Vdi recently with wheel spins and fish tailing with people running for cover.

i liked the suspension, NVH.

in my opinion both Getz Cdri and S Vdi are good performers.

Getz Crdi accelerated like a MerC S Class Diesel, but Swift is a wiser purchase due to good resale.
It all started with a humble test drive Jan 09 and the honest opinion post in the "My Ka Laal" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I have driven both the swift and innova on highways and the innova is a lot less tiring not only for the driver but also the passengers. Even in the city you would have got used to the innova's size by now.
If you want more power (for the zip zap overtaking ) get a pete's box
You have a valid point, but no matter how much akshay1234 convinced me, I am not in for the pete's box. (a bit sceptical on the engine longevity factor actually)

@akshay, the Mumbai meet to see your Petova performing, is long due.

Last edited by btirthankar : 17th April 2009 at 17:41.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:33   #32
Team-BHP Support

Pete your Innova. Get a nice air filter.

Don't downshift. Please.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

btirthankar sir.Go for the swift.Brilliant handling and rattles are not as bad as they are made out to be. A service every 5000 km and u ll never see a problem. Off course i ve faced a little initial niggles but i guess mine is one of the case.

Swifts drivers seat is comfy. I did not feel one pinch on a recent drive to goa and while coming back it was almost one shot till mumbai.
And about tyres and rims i would say go for 14 inchers with 185/70/.More than enough for this beast to stick to the earth like a vaccume cleaner.
And about innova being safer than the swift. There is always gonna be a hummer for a mahindra 540
Old 17th April 2009, 18:10   #34
Team-BHP Support

what rubbish!

Quote:
Any idea on the costs of Rims and Tread?
good set of rims 15-20k, tires 3500-3800 a piece, should get 800-900 for OE tires if driven straight to a tire shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I'm saying that overall it is reliable but it is nowhere close to fill it shut it reliable like the Innova. My uncle's innova has done 20,000kms and last week I reminded him that he had not serviced it for over a year.

The car was serviced and returned in half a day since no problems were reported. That's the type of reliability. This is in kolkata which has horrible traffic and the roads are not great either. The Innova has got hit every corner including both left side doors. Still no rattle and no issues at all.
Viddy i will absolutely NOT agree to this, come'on dude! my car is at 28,000+ kms mark what have i done apart from service. Ok i had a radiator fan failure at 10k kms, how many others have had it since then, zilch, so please rule it out.

Trust me my car is used as a fill it and shut mode, and the roads i travel are worse than you can imagine. To site egs: Pondy direct road was cake walk for me and i was ripping over it. 70% of my log was on similar highways or worse.

As for the other members from the forum complaining of turbo pull, how many can we take as absolutely reliable? I know of only one stock car which came close to a problem, but that also i have strong feeling it was goof up of oil at service end, which i have told the owner also.

Another very important point: look at our member base/profile, number of swift will be outnumbered compared to innova's, so the kind of reporting will be limited. The only innova i have used is a brand one in which i traveled from BLR to Tirupathi and back, and it did have some odd creaks and rattles for a Brand new car.

This is nothing to do with reliability, its just few plastic bits, that's it.

Reg service of cars at 1 year mark, just drive to my house today after 7pm, ill show you a 30k swift p which rarely is serviced or cared for. IIRC last time it went to workshop was during painting at suraksha (you remember how long this was?). Its running without a fuss, point being any modern automobile with reasonable quality will do the same.

Rattle is your reliability quotient then i cant help it!

Coming back to topic: I seriously think for the thread creators highway requirements, Innova would be better anyday, based on the heavier car and higher GC angle, and yes the space advantage.

But on the other hand, i got his point of wanting a smaller hatch to zip with easier driving and better FE. I understand since i know that i really dont enjoy the Crv on a highway apart from the "drive as you please over crater" capability. One has to calculate more and double careful during overtakes, esp the 2 lane carriage ways.

Hard fact i do better time in Swift (P or D) inside kerala than on Crv, but if am travelling to krishnagiri and back, Crv would have reached while Swift is at Shulagiri

Nothing to do with reliability!

ps: safety angle is something which should be debated.

EDIT: @Thirth: bblost has a point, think about it overnight, if you havent decided yet

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th April 2009 at 18:28.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:18   #35
Team-BHP Support

I went through the starting post once again. What i made out is that you are already decided on what you want to buy, and why (although i am sure the reason you state here may be different).... so whats the point of this thread?!

Almost everyone here has without exception said the Innova is a better vehicle, and it makes sense to retain it. However, since you have already made up your mind, i see no point in debating further.

If its ownership reviews you seek, there are tons of 'em. Anything else in particular you are looking for?

Correct me if wrong.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I went through the starting post once again. What i made out is that you are already decided on what you want to buy, and why (although i am sure the reason you state here may be different).... so whats the point of this thread?!

Almost everyone here has without exception said the Innova is a better vehicle, and it makes sense to retain it. However, since you have already made up your mind, i see no point in debating further.

If its ownership reviews you seek, there are tons of 'em. Anything else in particular you are looking for?

Correct me if wrong.
+1 to that Benny, I feel like comparing Apples and Oranges (cars of 2 different segments). In an open forum or otherwise, mostly you will get hands-up for the higher segment car. No point here to discuss further (nothing to discuss rather).

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 17th April 2009 at 18:38.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:43   #37
BHPian

No, I'm not hell bent on buying one. I am valuing everyone's expert comments.
This forum is there just to do that, that's why this thread.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:47   #38
BHPian

Though I agree to whatever Benny said, I am sure everyone is shocked to see such a 'downshift'. Also, the aim as mentioned is not to have liquidity right now, but to have more miles per litre (since there won't be much money left after getting a new Vdi).

I would travel lesser or take public transport once in a while to reduce fuel bills, rather than 'downshift'. Also, I think Innova will fetch better resale few years/kms donw the line and would cancel some of the savings in fuel. Add to that the extra safety and comfort that it offers.
Old 17th April 2009, 20:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
As for the other members from the forum complaining of turbo pull, how many can we take as absolutely reliable? I seriously think for the thread creators highway requirements, Innova would be better anyday, based on the heavier car and higher GC angle, and yes the space advantage.

But on the other hand, i got his point of wanting a smaller hatch to zip with easier driving and better FE.

Nothing to do with reliability!

EDIT: @Thirth: bblost has a point, think about it overnight, if you havent decided yet
Very Well said and I will introspect.

The Vdi I test drove today had Turbopull absent@1900-1000. Dont know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
And about innova being safer than the swift. There is always gonna be a hummer for a mahindra 540
Brilliant Said.

Everyone has been honest enough to post their experiences so far in Long Term Ownership Reports and it is a valuable resource.

Guys, take it easy.

Last edited by btirthankar : 17th April 2009 at 20:37.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:12   #40
Team-BHP Support

Do you think that your Swift's running cost would be significantly lower than Innova?
Old 17th April 2009, 21:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Basu go for the Swift and not saying that it is not a good car, but you will surely miss these things -

Hi-RPM Downshift | Considering a Swift VDis (in lieu of Innova)-slide5.jpg

Hi-RPM Downshift | Considering a Swift VDis (in lieu of Innova)-slide8.jpg

As per my suggestions be with the Toyota Innova and keep enjoying writing your drivoblog and good travelogues.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

Now I am going to honestly post what I think - I will be kicked for this, but someone needs to do it. Like I posted once, you are again in ungli mode.

I mean, honestly, in our conversations over the past few days, its been clear to me that you are a hair's breadth away from closing a pretty decent deal (and you told me that the LDI was what you wanted at 1am yesterday!!).

Honestly, thread band karo - you are at some level looking for that last 0.01% reconfirmation of your thought process - and at some level you're thinking out aloud.

But seriously, it is clear where junta's opinion lies. I think with you, its now a love affair - its no longer about reason - its not about two equally attractive (in their own way) competent suitors anymore - your heart has decided one way quite clearly.

Despite being a completely happy swift owner, I will not put my points here. The hour of decision is past.

@Vid: Coming from a rational fellow like you, I would just surprisingly respectfully disagree - I'd go with Jaggu here.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Do you think that your Swift's running cost would be significantly lower than Innova?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Basu go for the Swift and not saying that it is not a good car, but you will surely miss these things -

As per my suggestions be with the Toyota Innova and keep enjoying writing your drivoblog and good travelogues.
You made me sentimental now.

So, was it the NH2, or their spirited driving or the Vdi that got me into this extra carital crush?

Old 17th April 2009, 22:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Now I am going to honestly post what I think

I'd go with Jaggu here.
Good. 'apka hi intezar tha'

Enough Opinions. Close thread Please.

:x

The Outcomes will be visible in due course.
Old 17th April 2009, 22:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good. 'apka hi intezar tha'

Enough Opinions. Close thread Please.

:x

The Outcomes will be visible in due course.
Do you think Innova cannot do that kind of speeds, you can control the Innova better than the Swift at that speed take my words.

Mods and as per the thread opener, please close the thread and we will wait for the outcome from thread opener.

Last edited by gowda79 : 17th April 2009 at 22:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks