Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 11:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Recently did a 200km drive in a Palio 1.9 D and i didn't see any performance in it. I was flooring the acc and the car just wouldn't move.

Then i came back and checked on the specs. Turns out, for a 1.9 ltr engine this car only has 62bhp and 120nm.

In comparison, the 1.3ltr engine in the OHC has 90bhp and 113nm.

Add to that the extra 165 kgs the Palio has to haul.

As everyone else has said, the OHC is the better car here.

Shan2nu
Old 6th May 2009, 11:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

I see that you live in Mumbai. I saw a lot of Palios there so getting mechanics etc. should not be a problem. I also found that all spares for Palio are available in the Opera House area, sometimes you might have to wait for a day or two to get some rare spares. The Palio ages well and does not develop too many rattles or shakes over the years. I just bought a 2004 GTX from Mumbai and there is no corrosion!

The Diesel mill in the Palio is a pretty decent one but do not expect tarmac scorching performance from it. The car itself is built solidly.

The Honda on the other hand is a petrol engine and might give peppier performance but as you have noticed it does corrode.

Cheers,
Old 6th May 2009, 12:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

All Palio spares are available at the dealers itself. No need to go to Opera House or anywhere. A lot of people like to spread rumours about non availability of Fiat spares. In fact Ikon spares are more difficult to source, specially the older versions. The OHC seems to be fishy. Hard to beleive anyone would sell it so cheap. I would recomend the Palio. It won't give you a milege of 20 but some of my friends are getting around 14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks