Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 18:58   #31

Hi All,
I am one of the many, "always-desired-never-owned" palio lover, and really regret not having owned one.
Have managed to find an F1 Red 1.2NV Sports with 47k on the odo, single owner, supposedly in accident free condition, quoting 2.25L.
I am still in 2 minds between 1.2NV Sports or the 1.9D and unable to decide. Some of the posts for the 1.9D on t-bhp (on maintenance costs) is tilting my decision in favor of the 1.2, however, with oil prices hovering above 50 and no signs of them coming down has got me in a fix :(

In case, I do not manage to find an F1 red 1.2NV Sports in my budget, is it wise to get some other colored palio and get it painted the F1 red.
Pardon my obsession with the color, but i want to own that color before its too late (and ppl start quoting it as a mid-age crisis color for me).
Old 26th February 2010, 17:10   #32

i have managed to find a 1.2NV Sports F1 Red.
2003 model, 2nd owner, quoting 1.75L. Is it over priced?
Please recommend any good mechanic in bangalore to take along to inspect the car.

Thanks
Old 27th February 2010, 04:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrockerboy View Post
i have managed to find a 1.2NV Sports F1 Red.
2003 model, 2nd owner, quoting 1.75L. Is it over priced?
Please recommend any good mechanic in bangalore to take along to inspect the car.

Thanks
I think price is on higher side but depends on condition and how much it has clocked. It makes sense if it goes for 1.30 or below.
Old 27th February 2010, 14:09   #34
BHPian

@sameer551,

It is very hard to get such lower prices in Bangalore.

@ajrockerboy

I think lot depends on the condition of the car. if it has run less than 45K, i Think it make sense to go for it. you can contact Mr. Venkatesh (Gowri Automobiles, Near Sajjanrao circle) 9379192193 for a thorough check before taking the decision. You can quote my Name to him(Ravi) and say that you are from team-bhp. he may charge very nominal price for the verification

Last edited by ravikn : 27th February 2010 at 14:10. Reason: typo
Old 27th February 2010, 19:16   #35
BHPian

thanks a ton Ravi. I will contact him
Old 27th February 2010, 21:26   #36

@ ravi - thanks for the info, i will contact and take Mr. Venkatesh along when I go to see the car.

@abhinavj01 - bro, u too looking for a palio?
Old 28th February 2010, 03:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
@sameer551,

It is very hard to get such lower prices in Bangalore.
I had no idea about prices in Bangalore. But in delhi I know that even good condition palios go real cheap. I had to sell mine 1.2 EL PS 48k done for just 1.15 lack.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:02   #38
BHPian

Pl. help me

Hello BHPians

I have on my radar 1.2 Palio NV ELX for rs 1.8 in B'lore
He says it has run around 20k..and is single owned.

Is it good buy...
and how do verifiy whether there no legal problems with vehicle regarding accidents.
and how do i assess the condition of vehicle
Old 13th December 2014, 08:29   #39
BHPian

Re: Used Palio 1.2/1.6/1.9D ?

Hi.

I am in a similar dilemma as I look at a possible 1.9 that has done ~46k kms, and a 1.6 Stile that has done ~25k kms.

Do I 'need' a diesel? No is the easy answer. But I do want a Palio (fun to drive hatch) that is more powered than the 1.2 I owned earlier, and within a budget.

Am looking at this as a second car, not expected to be used for many kms.

Advantages of the diesel mileage and cost are countered with the maintenance (? over hyped).

And advantages of the newer (2008) 1.6 of low kms would be countered with the higher spare costs of the Stile, mileage and cost of petrol.

So on the face of it, it seems to stand even.

Wife (significant factor) just mentioned a smoother Petrol vehicle makes more sense than a noisy diesel.

Cost wise, the 1.9 being older would save me ~50k I guess. This can be significant and make a difference to the 5-year cost of ownership.

Would like some help from knowledgeable users of both.
Thanks in advance.
Old 13th December 2014, 12:19   #40
BHPian

Buddy,
Dont even touch a used Palio with a barge pole. The niggles and other pain factors of the car are higher than ownership happiness. Please spend a li'l bit more and go for a Swift diesel, even a used one will give you the turbo kick and punch that you want so much with a satisfaction at the back of your mind that its not gonna ditch you on the road.
I had a 1.9 Yellow Wasp (search in my ownership thread and I enjoyed it for 8 months and than it started draining my mind and bank balance) The mechanics also demand a premium in such cars. I got stuck on the road 4-5 times, went in to exchange with a used car dealer and on the spot gave it away for 2 lakhs odd at a loss of 2.1 lakhs and The dealer later told me that he sold it for only 1.2 lakhs himself.
I exchanged to a Swift Vdi in 2008 and drove for 2 years and that was such a good time since I got a mileage of 20+KMPL, service cost of approx 4-5K and loved the ownership.
Plus the power and pickup and comfort was better than the Palio, really miles ahead.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2014 at 11:19. Reason: Typos, punctuation. Please keep the discussion on the forum for the benefit of other BHPians.
Old 13th December 2014, 16:20   #41
BHPian

rohitgaur
I guess you are referring to the 1.9, and not to a Stile 1.6.

Having owned and loved a Palio 1.2 Sport earlier, I am almost decided on a Palio that is more powerful. I have placed my presently available choices for help to choose between the two...

thanks for the inputs. Will read your ownership thread.
Old 13th December 2014, 16:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
rohitgaur
I guess you are referring to the 1.9, and not to a Stile 1.6.

Having owned and loved a Palio 1.2 Sport earlier, I am almost decided on a Palio that is more powerful. I have placed my presently available choices for help to choose between the two...

thanks for the inputs. Will read your ownership thread.
I have just recently invested in a Palio 1.6 Stile. Like you, I am also a Fiat fan to the core. They are special cars. No denying that.

If you are getting a good deal on the car, please don't miss the opportunity. It is one heck of a car. Even today there's no alternative for the Fiat Palio if you are looking for outright fun, performance and handling characteristics.

The car I have bought has run over 60k kilometers and trust me the engine is still silky-smooth and delivers all the grunt just as magnificently it would have on the first day.

The clutch is one aspect that has troubled me very much though, please do inspect it thoroughly if you wish to buy the car, especially the master cylinder/slave cylinder and clutch kit, these are some very common issues on the Palio Stile. Barring for some body parts, spare parts are pretty reasonable too, you just need the right mechanic and right information so that mechanics around do not try to fleece you (happened with me on a couple of occasions).

Good luck for your purchase.
Old 13th December 2014, 17:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

The 1.9D got discontinued by 2005- so in TN the rates would be around 1 lakh for a decent car and 25k more for an immaculate one.

A relative of mine owns it for more than a decade and he has covered around 2 lakh km.

Just posting some facts, not insisting to buy one!
Old 13th December 2014, 18:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
Hi.

I am in a similar dilemma as I look at a possible 1.9 that has done ~46k kms, and a 1.6 Stile that has done ~25k kms.

Do I 'need' a diesel? No is the easy answer. But I do want a Palio (fun to drive hatch) that is more powered than the 1.2 I owned earlier, and within a budget.
Are you sure it is genuine 46k for the 1.9D? It is hard to believe that a 10-year old diesel car clocked less than 5000km per year on average. An FTD car like Palio in diesel that ran so less is more likely a tampered odo or having some undisclosed issues. If you know the history personally and know there are some genuine reasons for the low odo, it can be considered. If not, walk away from that car.

Considering the low FE, it is understandable if a 1.6 petrol clocks less on the odo.
Old 13th December 2014, 21:53   #45
BHPian

Thanks Shivank, ramzsys, zenren.
I still am not able to differentiate between the two...which one should I choose/buy?

I guess there are no significant differences (please correct me if I am wrong) in the handling/drive experience and cost of ownership between the two versions I have in mind.

And so it might just come down to things like colour, price of purchse, diesel vs petrol, purchase experience etc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks