Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 23:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

I need a small car!

I am planning to buy a small car and have short listed the Alto LXi, Estilo LXi, Santro Xing and the Spark. I have driven the Alto LXi a lot as it is owned by a few members of the extended family and I really love the car. But with the current discount offers, the Zen estilo and the Spark are only marginally costlier than the Alto LXi. In fact the PS variant of the Spark is almost the same price on the road as the Alto LXi. They are offering a Rs 50,000 discount for the Spark as well as three years cash less maintenance scheme free of cost.

Will it be a good idea to buy the Spark? All the reviews I have read about it are nice. But the parent company is in deep trouble. The gut feeling is to stick with the tried and tested Alto. I will keep whatever car I buy for the next 5 - 8 years. It will be used mainly for week end outings and for the occassional high way trip. Most of the time it will carry three passengers. My budget is 3.75 L maximum.
Old 16th May 2009, 00:04   #2
BHPian

Gansan amongst the 3 choices you have listed as well as your intention to keep the car for 5-8 years I would suggest the Zen Estilo. It's a newer and better car than the the other two as well as a better powered engine and it's a Maruti. Negotiate for a discount with the dealer. I'm sure you will get it as it's a slow moving model. The Santro as well is a good reliable budget car and quite like a Maruti hassle free and easily and economically servicable. You could laso look at the Wagon R and Wagon R duo or the Santro equivalent.

My order of recommendation
- Zen Estillo
- Santro
- Wagon R
- Alto
- Spark (it's an attractive package overall, but because of your concerns about it being a GM product have put it last)

Last edited by pranava999 : 16th May 2009 at 00:06.
Old 16th May 2009, 00:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's note: Please search our archives; such topics have been invariably discussed in the past. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks