Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 16:23   #46
BHPian

S10 has the same engine. The gear ratios are different, which gives it a more punchy feeling. Rest differences are only cosmetic.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

From 2 to 4!

From Zen Vs. GTX to Zen Vs. GTX Vs. City Vs. Indica, that is quite a distance.

If you are getting a very good deal on the City - go for it. However, nothing comes close to a lovingly maintained GTX for driving pleasure. Do not even look at the Indicas as they are not in the same league. Indicas are good work horses and will run uncomplainingly even with the worst drivers behind the wheel.

The engine for the S10 is the same as the GTX. The 3rd and 4th gears in the S10 are shorter. The alloy wheels are different on the S10.

If the previous owners were all good - it does not matter how many there were. However, as it is impossible to be certain about this, it is often better to stay away from cars with too many previous owners.

Cheers,
Old 5th June 2009, 11:16   #48
BHPian

Guys i do not know a good fiat mechanic, am planing to check out a good palio this week end, please suggest what should i look at in the car , should i take it to a nearest dealership for a check up , should i hire vericar ???

please help !
Old 5th June 2009, 11:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Guys i do not know a good fiat mechanic, am planing to check out a good palio this week end, please suggest what should i look at in the car , should i take it to a nearest dealership for a check up , should i hire vericar ???

please help !
Any good mechanic would do to check the car and look for faults. If not a mechanic, take along a friend who knows and understands cars. Vericar too sounds like a good idea. I do not have a very high opinion of 'dealerships' as a whole.

Cheers,
Old 5th June 2009, 23:22   #50
BHPian

guys great news found a "supposedly" mint condition 1.6 GTX SP , 45000 km , i dnt know how much he is quoting, going to versova sunday morning to check it, hope i crack the deal that day only..... i guess GTX SP comes with ABS & AIr bags ?
Old 5th June 2009, 23:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck

Quote:
guys great news found a "supposedly" mint condition 1.6 GTX SP , 45000 km , i dnt know how much he is quoting, going to versova sunday morning to check it, hope i crack the deal that day only..... i guess GTX SP comes with ABS & AIr bags ?
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. The SP (with ABS & Air Bags) is that rarest of rare things, you can consider yourself blessed if you find one in good condition. 45K km is a decently low mileage. Even if it is a PS and not an SP go for it!

Cheers,
Old 6th June 2009, 14:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I recently came across a Palio GTX SP owner who was complaining about both Airbag and ABS failure. The warning lamps for ABS & Airbag are constantly on since the past year or so. So far he has'nt been able to get the problems rectified. In any case, a faulty airbag could cost anywhere around 15-20K (or more) to replace, if available in the first place.

The GTX/S10 with the safety pack were sold in negligible numbers and that was way back in 2001-02, after which Fiat stopped making any more of those cars.

Bottomline is to check this particular specimen very carefully and go for it only if you feel the car is in mint condition. Do get in touch with Veri CAR if you need help. I have interacted with both Jayesh & Karthikeya and the duo should help you out.

Last edited by roms : 6th June 2009 at 14:44.
Old 6th June 2009, 16:27   #53
BHPian

@ roms - is it a red SP ??
Old 8th June 2009, 16:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
@ roms - is it a red SP ??
Sorry for the late reply. It was a white Palio GTX, which came in for wheel alignment at one of the tyre workshops in Mahim. I was there for the same reason as well. The owner had faced a lot of issues with his car within 45K kms. Maybe a lemon, his car looked in a very bad exterior condition as well.

Did you check out the red Palio SP yet?
Old 14th June 2009, 09:34   #55
BHPian

guys that GTX SP guy is charging a bomb, checked a 2001 sept 1.6 GTX in good condition , but a bit of rusting here and there ... i offered him 100k ..waiting for his reply.. am just about to leave catch up with veri-car and check a S 10 and another Maroon GTX ( 3rd owner) .. hope i reach at a decision by the time i come back in the evening and update you guys ....wish and pray for me all ....
Old 15th June 2009, 10:34   #56
BHPian

Edit : Its a Yellow S 10 !

Guys its yellow S 10 !

Would get the car on 17th June, would post details soon !!!
Old 15th June 2009, 10:57   #57
BHPian

Congratulations, man. The S10 is one hell of a car, and I am not talking about just the looks which are not too shoddy to say the least. Do post the details. Also, how you found it, just in case. Have fun, and post some pictures as soon as you get delivery.....hehe.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:05   #58
JVH
Senior - BHPian

S10 is still one of the best looking hatches in the country.

Congrats! Look no further than Amit and Roms to figure out all that is required for your horse!
Old 15th June 2009, 15:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Envy

Quote:

Guys its yellow S 10 !

Would get the car on 17th June, would post details soon !!!
Congratulations!

I cannot tell you how much I envy you. A S10 is one of the best buys. A joy to drive and a stunner to look at.

Enjoy your new ride. Please do update us with a detailed buying experience and initial report.

Cheers,
Old 15th June 2009, 15:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

Amit's S10 is /was on for sale - is it the same car?

Congrats - do post pics of the car all the best and drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks