Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 11:12   #1
BHPian

Common problems in DDiS

Hi All,

I would like to know about the common niggling problems found around the famous DDiS engine. I am planning to buy Ritz VDi, would like to know about the engine more and its problem. Owners of Swift, DZire and Vista please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:20   #2
BHPian

DDiS engine, or the MJD, has problems? First I am hearing of this. It seems to be a bulletproof one.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
DDiS engine, or the MJD, has problems? First I am hearing of this. It seems to be a bulletproof one.
Even i thought they are bullet proof, but it is not the case. What i heard from few friends is that, they are getting issues after 30K in Odo. Lets wait for the confirmation from other owners.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:25   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

1. Horrible clatter that comes from the hydraulic tappets. Have driven a lot of Crdi engines but none that sound so bad.
2. Horrible rev range and lack of a decent top end for an engine so advanced.
3. Sudden drop of power, there is another thread discussing this issue as we speak.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

As far as my experience goes:
Its a great engine, very fuel efficient and nice power delivery. Its a turbo diesel and power band short and sweet, the way it should be.

Has a bit of pitter patter but subsides considerably as the km's are covered. Usage of proper grade oil and good fuel makes a hell lot of difference.

Its touchy when it comes to hot climates, but no way a big bother for a common user, yes clean air filter is a must, which will bring that grin back on your face.

Have done 32k kms and still grinning on.

You can read up on some alleged issues here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...thread-11.html (Swift DDIS Turbo issues: Report & Resolution thread)

Do a "search" for swift diesel and you will get the better user experiences from other ownership thread.

Mods note: Thread closed! Please use search before opening a new thread.
Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks