Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 12:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oki go with united insurance from the mass.Ask them and clarify whether its maruti insurance ok.The mass can sell insurance from their side too.ask for MI.then the service packages are gimmicks so that your car lies with them for next 2 yrs.this is a service marketing technique.
ram
Old 24th May 2009, 13:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
They get additional benifits like 5% discount on the spares,free towing,etc among other benifits,for example,The front head lamps are covered fully in maruti insurance but its 50% for other companies as its a plastic part,cash less transfer etc.
That was a marketing gimmick some of the MASS resorted to get insurance renewed through them. But 100% on headlamps is way too farfetched. Recently had checked and Maruti Insurance said only 50%, anyway it doesnot matter as it is only Rs3000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
BTW, the insurance on the car currently is valid only until mid-august.

The give a 3 months warrenty on the Engine, Transmission, Gear box.
For extended warrenty he gave me the following options to be chosen at the time of taking delivery:
i) 4K for additional 9 months or 12K km entitleing me to 1 additional free service (labour, washing/cleaning/polishing)
ii) 6k for additional 21 months or 24k km entitleing me for 3 additional free service with (labour, washing/cleaning/polishing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Oki go with united insurance from the mass.Ask them and clarify whether its maruti insurance ok.The mass can sell insurance from their side too.ask for MI.then the service packages are gimmicks so that your car lies with them for next 2 yrs.this is a service marketing technique.
ram
Best would be to continue the current insurance till august and take an insurance. You'll have to pay the No Claim amount back to transfer the policy in your name.

Maruti Insurance is good when it comes to cashless transactions, but they too have their fare share of bad stuffs. Go with the insurance your MASS is comfortable with.

Dont take any additional service package from them, better would be to identify a good MASS and stick with them.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:37   #18
BHPian

Congrats.

a small bit of premium is worth is car is thorough checked & confirmed that car is in a best of health.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:50   #19
BHPian

Well after driving my car for now 3 odd months and having got some minor scratches and a small dent in the part behind one of the rear wheels, I have a question:
- Can the scratches be painted back to look absolutely the same as the rest of the car.
- if the above can be done, i think the small dent can be fixed too...

If even a minor difference might occur between the colors, I will as well drop the idea. Cause with a single glance the scratch is not even noticable... just some off-white lines (actually had got rubbed with a scorpio) which kinda merges with the RED color of the car. Probably the best way I can explain this is by saying, when it used to rain and the body was wet... it was not visible..

So even a minor difference of color will become a highlight and i better live with what i have got.

please give me your suggestion..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks